Home PEx Sports NBA

2021 NBA Play-in Tournament: #9 Memphis Grizzlies vs #10 San Antonio Spurs

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
edited May 17 in NBA #1
Spurs (33-39) @ Grizzlies (38-34), 5/20

Can the Spurs keep their hopes alive to make it back to the playoffs? Or will the Grizzlies advance to keep their own hopes of a playoff return alive after falling short last year?

2021 NBA Play-in Tournament: #9 Memphis Grizzlies vs #10 San Antonio Spurs 0 votes

Memphis Grizzlies
0%
San Antonio Spurs
0%

Comments

• Lowry07Lowry07 PEx Rookie ⭐
    I'll watch this matchup because there are former Raptors on both teams:
    Jonas Valanciunas for the Grizzlies, and DeMar DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl for the Spurs.
    Should be a good game tomorrow!
    DeMar and Jonas being friendly in a previous game:

• CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Lowry07 said:
    I'll watch this matchup because there are former Raptors on both teams:
    Jonas Valanciunas for the Grizzlies, and DeMar DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl for the Spurs.
    Should be a good game tomorrow!
    Jonas with a monster 23/23 game while Demar had one of his worst shooting nights

vintage throwback game, Spurs seem to be stuck in limbo while Memphis continues their progress
    Jonas with a monster 23/23 game while Demar had one of his worst shooting nights

vintage throwback game, Spurs seem to be stuck in limbo while Memphis continues their progress
    Jonas V proving that a traditional big man center can still thrive in the NBA, he already had a 20-20 game by the 3rd quarter. Definitely a win-win trade for both the Raptors and the Grizzlies, as Gasol's defence on Embid and Giannis helped them win a championship, while Jonas is getting big minutes and playing great with a young Grizzlies squad.

As for DeMar... I've seen him shoot terribly like that in several playoff runs with the Raptors before, and it ain't pretty. The Spurs definitely need to start over and find a new batch of stars, I'm not sure if Coach Popovich wants to stick around for a full rebuild.