Home PEx Relationships Love - Stories & Experiences

Why do my ex wants to stay friends

Hi PEXers, I have this ex-boyfriend, weve been together for 6 years, broke up 2013 but still communicating to date, I want us to get back together or as a couple, I have begged for him, but he said all he can give is friendship. I tried, but is not working on me. Trying hard to cope up with the friendship thing just to have him around, but it really hurts. He had no other gf since we broke up, hanging out and talking with some female friends perhaps. I dont know why he still wants to be friends though he knows its hurting me just being friends. I am most of the time is assuming that he still cares for me, loves me? Because he still wants me to be around and be updated with whats going on with my life? And that he doesnt want to be in a relationship thats why friendship is enough? I asked him why he wants to stay friends but he didnt answer. 

Comments

• he must be an insurance broker.  He understands how insurance works, the best part is free premium
  • RonalldRonalld PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hello. I don't know, but I think you shouldn't pay attention on this and search for new partner. In our modern world it is quite simple, even LGBT relationships are not something unusual. I even saw special dating sites lesbians, here you check a list https://www.adviceongaydatingsites.com/. Also it will be good to read special dating tips to find partner faster..
  • KinshinarKinshinar PEx Rookie ⭐
    you're the only one at a loss for this kind of set-up. better pack-up and leave. it will be hard at first but you have to do it for yourself. imagine when the time comes that he found somebody else... 
  • java_chiqjava_chiq PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Accept that you will never get him back. 
    Move on from hoping that he will like you the same way he used to.
    Enjoy the friendship. There is nothing wrong with staying friends with an ex if you both care on a platonic level.

One of my bestfriends is an ex. 

The awesome thing about an ex as a friend he/she knows you on a deeper level than other friends. 
    Relationship advice from an ex is point blank . :)