Home PEx News and Tech Technology Today
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

PC won't boot with GPU installed

sabaybunotsabaybunot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Alright, kind of new in building desktops so here it goes.

I have a Ryzen 3400 G with Radeon Vega 11 Graphics build it in and Asus A320M Motherboard, 16 GB ram, SSD/HDD as a setup which is working fine on its own.

I got hold of an old GTX 1050ti and had it put in.. at first it was going all wonky on me (pixelized screen etc) but disabling the onboard GPU and installing the updated geforce driver did the trick..initially. I started doing games, that night to check how the 1050TI would run and it worked pretty fine.

The next day I turned on the PC and it won't boot up. it was stuck in the pre-windows screen and restart. When I took out the Graphics card, everything seemed fine.

I checked the psu connection, tried taking it out and puttting it back again... nothing seemed to work.

Comments

• DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
    edited February 2021 #2
    "I have a Ryzen 3400 G with Radeon Vega 11 Graphics build it in and Asus A320M Motherboard"
    "I got hold of an old GTX 1050ti and had it put in"

Drivers and mobo issue. First, uninstall any and all drivers for the Radeon (it's also using the VRAM on the mobo to compensate for VRAM). Second, deactive the built-in graphics (if it's the mobo config setup). Third, install the GTX 1050Ti, download drivers from Nvidia, and install. Also check current PSU wattage. On your average system the GTX 1050Ti requires you to have a 300~350 Watts power supply unit. Better if it's a 500w PSU.

Issue: Ryzen and Radeon are AMD products. GTX is Nvidia. Different products.
  • I have been facing the same issue.