Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

obsessed with a girl

java_chiqjava_chiq PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I'm in a relationship with a guy who is hell bent on growing his social media (I have no idea why, but if that makes him happy- then whatever floats his boat.)

He bombarded one girl's page with so much likes  which resulted to this girl following him back.

I normally don't give a ***** about things like these- what he does on his social media is his thing.
But...
What caught my attention was when this girl flaunted on her page- a screenshot of him liking all her posts.  
and how she wonders why...and she then proceeds to say that she ended up messaging this guy on private and she's very excited about it.

I found this very irritating and I confronted my guy about it. He admits to doing it to increase his social media following. And denies that anything is going on. I like him and I believe him.

But now...i have this toxic thing (i hate to admit it and i find it so shameful) I stalk her on social media.
I observe that she is now following him everywhere and liking all his posts, engaging him by commenting on his posts. 

... HELP!!! I do not want to do this but I can't get her out of my head. 

Comments

• dylandarkkdylandarkk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    don't be shy drop his @ .. lol

kidding aside, I always think that people who are obsessed with their social media followers or likes tend to be either narcissistic or insecure that they seek approval from other people through likes or of some sort. 

If you trust your man then that's good. 

If you think something else is going on, then there must be a reason you feel that way. 

Me and my husband aren't social media savvy but we watch tiktoks and sometimes admire the aesthetics of other people in there, but that's that, nothing like going through those lengths of liking people's post so much just to have them follow us back, that's just plain bizarre for our taste sorry xD

• java_chiqjava_chiq PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    don't be shy drop his @ .. lol

kidding aside, I always think that people who are obsessed with their social media followers or likes tend to be either narcissistic or insecure that they seek approval from other people through likes or of some sort. 

If you trust your man then that's good. 

If you think something else is going on, then there must be a reason you feel that way. 

Me and my husband aren't social media savvy but we watch tiktoks and sometimes admire the aesthetics of other people in there, but that's that, nothing like going through those lengths of liking people's post so much just to have them follow us back, that's just plain bizarre for our taste sorry xD

It's inspiring to see couples who are very secure in each other- I hope to find myself with somebody like that someday.

I agree about your statement about these people who are insecure and need that kind of validation and get their fix on social media.

which is also the reason why i'm worried. 
    (I know how he feels about me and I know he will not intentionally fool around with anybody)

BUT

if he has insecurity issues...    and if somebody else can give him more "validation"  
    I am worried that that can shift his feelings- and if feelings shift, that's not fooling around, that's just simply falling for somebody else. 
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited December 2020 #4
    Mukhang nang-cradle snatch si java_chic :naughty: 
  • java_chiqjava_chiq PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nils said:
    Mukhang nang-cradle snatch si java_chic :naughty: 
    ahahahha buti sana kung cradle snatch talaga!   

anyhooo ...new years resolution- Don't get involved sa lalaking masyadong involved sa kanyang social media. 

• Run away from such boy :dizzy:
  • Hey! Try to surprise her. Send her flowers, for example. 

• HaminarHaminar PExer
    edited February 13 #8

Ordering flowers is not a substitute for personal presence, but it is a sign of attention, and it is attention that is so important.