Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues

Anything Democrat

Juan Plus OneJuan Plus One PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Pew Research Center Report Shows Danger of Living in Democrat-Controlled Areas

The Evening Campaign Update

Living in a Democrat congressional district can be very hazardous to your health. That has to be the main takeaway from a report issued on Tuesday by the Pew Research Center.

The report, titled “Coronavirus death toll is heavily concentrated in Democratic congressional districts,” demonstrates that “Of the 44 hardest-hit congressional districts – the top 10% in terms of deaths – 41 are represented by Democrats, while three are represented by Republicans.” Pew’s researchers also found that “nearly a quarter of all the deaths in the United States attributed to the coronavirus have been in just 12 congressional districts – all located in New York City and represented by Democrats in Congress.”

This is stunning data, but it should surprise no one. It is completely in line with the map below, compiled late last week by USAFACTS.org:

The data underlying this map illustrated that roughly 1/3rd of all U.S. Wuhan Virus deaths have taken place in each of the green, yellow and red areas. In other words, fully 2/3rds of all deaths have occurred in large cities and metro areas in the northeast and midwest. All of those areas are dominated by Democrat politicians. These are areas like New York City, Newark, Boston, Chicago and Detroit, where people are packed in more closely together and in which thousands continued to ride public transportation petri dishes to and from work throughout this viral outbreak, thanks to failed leadership by their governors and mayors.

Let’s also remember that it wasn’t Republican politicians who made the ghoulish decisions to send infected seniors back into their nursing homes where they infected thousands more. Those decisions were the exclusive province of Democrats like Andrew Cuomo and Phil Murphy and J.B. Pritzker and Gretchen Whitmer.

Desperate to find some solace in the stark reality of this Pew report, the leftist perpetual outrage crowd on Twitter tried and failed to make some hay out of this chart earlier today:

Obviously, when 80% of the deaths take place in your party’s districts in the first place, those districts are going to see a more rapid decline rate once the epidemic starts to fade. This isn’t exactly rocket science here, folks. The numbers are what they are, and to their credit, the liberals who run the Pew Center didn’t make much effort to cover for their fellow Democrats in this report.

That is all.

Today’s news moves at a faster pace than ever. Whatfinger.com is my go-to source for keeping up with all the latest events in real time.

Share this:

Comments

• ArnoldZArnoldZ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Democrats and Republicans have different mindset and different frame of references.
    If they chart AIDS death, curves will practically have the same patterns.
  • Juan Plus OneJuan Plus One PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited May 28
    While the state suffers...

During COVID, Cuomo Refuses to Cut Pay to Top Gov’t

During COVID Cuomo Refuses to Cut Pay to Top Govt Workers

Reading Time: 4 minutes

Albany, N.Y. – Not all NYC citizens are feeling the pain of COVID, and Gov. Cuomo is to blame. By now, all of America has seen the horrors of New York City amid the coronavirus pandemic. All across the “Big Apple,” this disease has caused utter devastation. As of May 27, COVID-19 has recorded over 374,000 infections and has taken the lives of over 29,000 people. 

NYC’s top government employees continue to receive full pay and benefits. According to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, there are no plans to lay off or reduce the compensation of the city’s highest-paid.

New York Post columnist Miranda Devine argued on “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday that top-earning officials in New York should “share in the pain and hardship that people have suffered from losing their jobs and their businesses” and take a pay cut amid the economic fallout triggered by the new coronavirus.

So, just how much “dough” do Cuomo’s and his closest continue to receive?

NY Top Public Official’s Salaries

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo – ($225,000)

NYC Mayor – Bill de Blasio ($258,750)

NYC School Czar – Richard Carranza – ($352,763)

Cuny Chancellor – Felix Matos Rodriguez ($670,000)

NYCHA Chair – Greg Russ ($402,000)

MTA CTO – Anthony McCord – ($325,000)

NY State Representatives – ($110,000 [+per diem] X 213 legislators)

Annually, the above, top-tier state employees require a state salary budget of over $25.4 million, not including per diems, travel expenses, etc. 

It has been 65-days since Cuomo shut down New York. Private citizens have lost their jobs, small businesses by the hundreds have closed their doors; many forever. With no revenue received, New York residents are paying $391k a day to support the salaries of 219 government employees. 

COVID-19 has devasted this country. More than anything, it has divided our country between those within the private and public sectors. Across the nation, government workers continue to spew the need to remain confined under executive orders: The result for private citizens and small businesses is no job, no check. 

It is time for those in government that make public policy to pony-up and eat the fruits of “their labor.” Put yourself in the positions of those in America who have lost everything due to your plans. COVID has brought our nation to a new type of “Civil War.” The battle lines drawn, the trenches dug. It is high time that Americans use their mouths as muskets and demand equality between those in government and those who are at their mercy. 

• lafilafi PEx Rookie ⭐

• lafilafi PEx Rookie ⭐

Trump:  I don't take responsibility at all.

• kalyesh!tekalyesh!te PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited May 30

SOUTH CAROLINA

Joe Biden accidentally tells voters he's running for Senate

:rofl:

• TrollmasterTrollmaster PEx Rookie ⭐

SOUTH CAROLINA

Joe Biden accidentally tells voters he's running for Senate

:rofl:

Sumakay siya ng Time Machine , back in the 90s siya!   :rofl:   

Nolte: It’s Time for All Good People to Abandon Democrat-Run Cities

TOPSHOT - A man burns an upsidedown US flag as protesters gather in downtown Los Angeles on May 27 2020 to demonstrate after George Floyd an unarmed black man died while being arrested by a police officer in Minneapolis who pinned him to the ground with his knee - Outrage
    AGUSTIN PAULLIER/AFP via Getty Images
    1 Jun 2020474
    4:59

Thanks to plague and riots, the era of the city is over, and good people need to flee while they still can.

Stupid people need to stay where they are.

And by stupid people, I of course mean those of you who vote for Democrats.

Listen, we don’t need you doing to Red America what you’ve already done to Nevada and Colorado. You stupid people are locusts. You stupid people destroy California, flee the destruction caused by your stupidity, and then destroy what was a nice, calm Red State with your stupid votes.

You get what you vote for, and anyone who votes for an Antifa-supporter like Keith Ellison, or those like him, is casting a vote for riots. You built that. Enjoy it. Stew in it.

Everyone else… What are you doing living in a Democrat-run city? Just so you know, what’s happened over the past four nights is no accident. Starting with Barack Obama, Democrats have been encouraging, aligning with, coddling, and funding these far-left, domestic terrorist groups for going on a decade. This isn’t a bug, it’s a feature.

How much worse do things have to get before you get out?

Forget about the high taxes, the insane cost of housing, the illegal aliens, the fascist public unions, the failing schools, the exploding homelessness… You knew about all that going in. But now these Democrats are shattering your life by locking you down for no scientific reason and with no end in sight. These Democrats are releasing violent criminals while they aggressively seek to disarm you. These Democrats arrest people who go to church in their cars while they allow Antifa and other marauding left-wing terrorists to destroy your neighborhoods…

Stop reading this and rent a U-Haul.

I know it’s not easy to get out. I do. You want to know how I know? I’ve already done it twice. The first time — this is a true story — I was just 27 years old with a wife too sick to work and only $1,500 in the bank. But I quit a steady job, got out of a blue city, and made it to rural North Carolina. And I did it with no college education, an average IQ, no financial backing from family, and a job that promised me no more than three months salary in a position where 90 percent washed out in three months. But I made it. Not because I’m special or privileged in any way.

My success was one part fear, one part hard work, and one part guts.

That’s it.

If a nobody like me can do it, anyone can do it… You can do it.

Ten years later, and only because I wanted to add “Hollywood Failure” to my résumé, I moved to Los Angeles. But I kept my house here in rural North Carolina, and nine years later I was awfully glad I did. Hey, when a city is run by the kind of Democrats who punish you for using plastic grocery bags while encouraging illegal immigration, that’s a broken city. So now we’re back in rural North Carolina, and if the locusts successfully turn North Carolina blue, I’m moving to the mountains of Wyoming.

I will not live under tyranny, under endless lockdowns, or anywhere where the political leaders arrest people who gather to worship God and then stand idly by as left-wing terrorists gather to destroy my neighborhood.

You want to know the best thing about not living in a Democrat-run city…? This is a terrible thing for me to say, but the best thing is not having to care about what happens in Democrat-run cities — you know, things like nights and nights of riots.

I’m certainly not happy about the riots. But I am aggressively indifferent to them. These riots are not my problem… Since 2004, I’ve poured my passion into warning people about the devastation of leftism. I was an idealist who thought the truth would wake people up. Well, with age comes wisdom and now God has granted me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, and I now accept that I cannot change people who have watched Democrats destroy their cities for generations and still vote for Democrats. I accept that it is a pointless waste of emotional space to care about people more than they care about themselves.

Out here in Rural America, these riots are nothing more than a reality TV show called Toldjaso. Over the weekend, me and my neighbors mowed our lawns, grilled steaks, engaged in some porch sitting, and watched the kids play. It was bliss.

While Democrat-run cities were being looted and burned, out here in Rural America, it was all calm and peace. It was also secure, because we all have alert dogs, security lights, and a healthy respect for the Second Amendment.

Join us.

Let’s decrease the electoral votes of failed Blue States like Minnesota, Illinois, California, and Michigan and give them to Montana and Wyoming.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNCFollow his Facebook Page here.

Where is Comic Coumo and de Bullsh1t err de Blasio?

Anarchy Breaks Out in New York City

A police officer walks past a burning police vehicle on DeKalb Avenue in the Brooklyn borough of New York Friday May 29 2020 after protesters gathered at Barclays Center to express anger over the death of George Floyd a black man who died Memorial Day while in police custody in
    Frank Franklin II/AP Photo
    1 Jun 20202,805
    1:24

The hours before the 11 p.m. curfew in New York City were characterized by chaos and crime.

Midtown Manhattan was riven with packs of young looters making hit-and-run actions against retail shops, including the storied Herald Square Macy’s flagship Store. At least a dozen other stores were attacked, vandalized, or looted.

The looters played cat-and-mouse with the New York Police Department, smashing and grabbing one shop and moving on before the police arrived. Nonetheless, the NYPD arrested at dozens of people in Midtown Manhattan, a spokesperson for the NYPD said.

One source familiar with the matter said 200 had been arrested on various charges.

Several small shops and bodegas were looted in Midtown. Along Fifth Avenue, high-end fashion retail stores had their windows smashed and merchandise lifted. But the looters rampaged high and low, looting shops selling cheap tourist souvenirs as well as high-end jewelry shops. Massive chaos broke out when some shops in New York’s diamond district were broken into, the second night in a row of attacks on the diamond dealers.

As far south as New York’s Lowest East Side, packs of young men are ransacking retail stores and robbing passersby, according to people in the area.

March towards progress?  You bet!

Fairfax County Democrats Call Riots ‘Part of This Country’s March Towards Progress’; UPDATE: Tweet Deleted

Washington DC riots Joseph Prezioso  AFP  Getty
    Joseph Prezioso / AFP / Getty
    1 Jun 20204,595
    2:23

The official Twitter account of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee in Virginia retweeted a claim on Saturday that “Riots are an integral part of this country’s march towards progress,” as the country was gripped by violence.

RT @bharatkrishnan9: When President Obama included the Stonewall Riots in his 2nd inaugural, he didn’t make that decision lightly. Riots are an integral part of this country’s march towards progress.

— Fairfax Democrats (@FairfaxDems)May 30, 2020

Update: The tweet was deleted Monday afternoon, but survives in screen shot form:

The tweet referred to a passage in President Barack Obama’s obama medium , in which he said: “We, the people, declare today that the most evident of truths –- that all of us are created equal –- is the star that guides us still; just as it guided our forebears through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall.”

The Stonewall Riots occurred in New York City in 1969 and are considered a crucial event in the emergence of the gay rights movement.

However, as the Wall Street Journal noted last year, the drama and violence of the riots overshadowed a non-violent gay rights movement that had already existed for a decade, and which lay the groundwork for what followed:

Stonewall has long been credited as the event that sparked the modern gay rights movement. But while the riots that ensued over three days and nights in late June 1969 were undoubtedly transformative, they weren’t the first time that gay people had resisted persecution. Stonewall was preceded by well over a decade of gay civil rights activism, much of it led by a man named Frank Kameny. The rhetoric and strategies that he employed were less confrontational than those adopted by the people at Stonewall, but they set the intellectual template for the gay movement’s eventual success.

Fairfax County, just outside Washington, DC, includes many of the suburban areas of Northern Virginia that have moved dramatically to the left in recent decades, shifting the state as a whole from red to purple to Democratic blue.

Joel B. Pollak is Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart News and the host of Breitbart News Sunday on Sirius XM Patriot on Sunday evenings from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET (4 p.m. to 7 p.m. PT). His new book, RED NOVEMBER, is available for pre-order. He is a winner of the 2018 Robert Novak Journalism Alumni Fellowship. Follow him on Twitter at @joelpollak.

This is how a Democrat loon describe "Peacefully" 

Democrat Gov. Tom Wolf Claims Protesters Gathering ‘Peacefully’ as Riots Burn Pennsylvania Cities

1 Jun 20202,223
    2:51

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D) provided an update on Sunday of his administration’s response to the civil unrest in the Keystone State and, as cities across the state burn, asserted that Pennsylvanians have been “joining together to speak out against this injustice and make their voices heard, peacefully.”

Cities in Pennsylvania — from Harrisburg to Philadelphia — saw violent protests over the weekend, spurred by the death of George Floyd. Two officers in Harrisburg had to be hospitalized as protesters hurled bricks their way, and several officers in Philadelphia were injured as the protests in the streets reached new heights of anarchy. Some of the officers suffered chemical burns to the face.

Wolf largely failed to condemn the widespread violence and pillaging, stating in a Saturday press release that demonstrators were “protesting violence and injustice that occurs far too often against people of color.”

On Sunday, the Pennsylvania governor continued in peddling the “peaceful protest” narrative but admitted that the protests, at this point, have been “co-opted by violence and looting.”

“Every Pennsylvanian should speak out against violence and oppression, and the recent murder of George Floyd in Minnesota has rightfully outraged many of us,” Wolf said, claiming that Pennsylvanians are “joining together to speak out against this injustice and make their voices heard, peacefully” as cities in his state burn.

“But yesterday was a challenging day for many cities in our commonwealth as these peaceful protests were co-opted by violence and looting. This is unacceptable,” he continued, urging everyone to be “peaceful.”

He continued:

I will continue to work with Mayors Kenney, Peduto, Papenfuse, and others to make sure that everyone is able to make their voices heard, while keeping each other safe, and I want to thank of all our first responders. I urge everyone to be peaceful. I urge everyone to have respect for our communities and our neighbors. I urge all of us to continue to call out injustice. I don’t want to lose sight of why we are here.

“I want to again send my condolences to the family and friends of George Floyd, and everyone impacted by oppression, racism, and violence,” Wolf said, stressing the need to eradicate racism.

“Every day, in every corner of our society, we need to work at eliminating racism. That means we need to do our part to address racism – from the smallest thought to the biggest action – here in Pennsylvania, too,” he added.

Many, including President Trump and Attorney General William Barr, have emphasized that the protests engulfing the nation have taken the form of far-left radical groups like Antifa, resorting to violence and sowing civil discord.

Extreme lunacy.

Michigan Democrat Party Chair: ‘If You Support Donald Trump, You Are a Racist’

1 Jun 20205,959
    2:49

The chairwoman of the Michigan Democrat Party (MDP) condemned all supporters of Donald Trump as “racist” during a Sunday tirade.

On the same day rioters attacked businesses and even Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s office building in downtown Lansing, MDP chair Lavora Barnes smeared Trump’s backers.

In a statement titled, “The Time for Silence is Over,” Barnes warned the tactics Democrats are using do not “seem to be working” before she attacked Trump’s supporters.

“If you support Donald Trump, you are a racist. Here is where it gets tricky and uncomfortable,” she said.

“Donald Trump is a racist, and if being a racist is not a dealbreaker for you, you are the reason Black people are being murdered for being Black.”

Barnes claimed it “is time to challenge, time to have uncomfortable conversations with people that are not ready to have them. It is time to risk some friendships, time to make waves at work, time to recognize that we are past politics now.”

She proposed a new system of justice:

Here is what I want to see: I want the economic oppression of Black communities to stop, including holding the oppressors accountable. I want meaningful criminal justice reform. And I want law enforcement to actually do their jobs and prosecute hate crimes, and when law enforcement participates in racist conduct I want them held accountable — not by the prosecutors and colleagues they work with every day, but by an independent body, that they hold no sway over.

In 2019, Barnes praised Whitmer on Twitter, saying, “The state of our state is trending up and the future looks very bright with Governor Gretchen Whitmer now in the driver’s seat!”

The state of our state is trending up and the future looks very bright with Governor @GretchenWhitmer now in the driver's seat! #misots2019 #migov

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and Michigan Democratic Party Chair Lavora Barnes
    50 people are talking about this

On Monday, Whitmer refused to condemn the rioters who attacked the governor’s office building in Lansing.

“There were certainly a lot of demonstrators who peacefully protested, who were organizing and focused on solving problems,” Whitmer told WLNS.

“And then there were others that I think who came in under the guise of supporting that but were actually more intent on creating harm, and I think that undermines the work that we need in this country and I’m hopeful we don’t see more of it.”

Looking exasperated, Whitmer said, “We’re working our way through a global pandemic. We had a 500-year flood on top of it, and of course, this is years in the making of abuse and sadness.”

“And so, I think the prevailing reaction is sadness, and it’s got to be determination. We owe it to everyone in this state and in this country to do better…”

Kyle Olson is a reporter for Breitbart News. He is also host of “The Kyle Olson Show,” syndicated on Michigan radio stations on Saturdays. Listen to segments on YouTube. Follow him on Twitter and like him on Facebook.

Nolte: You Get What You Vote For and in Democrat-Run Cities You Get Riots

riots Protesters run from a cloud of tear gas launched by police in riot gear advancing on their position Saturday May 30 2020 in Minneapolis Protests continued following the death of George Floyd who died after being restrained by Minneapolis police officers on Memorial Day AP PhotoJohn Minchillo

Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Fayetteville, Atlanta, New York, Nashville, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia,  Chicago, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Washington DC, Detroit, Indianapolis, San Francisco, Kansas City, Houston, Charlotte, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, Tampa, Baltimore, Oakland, Louisville…

What do all those American cities have in common?

1. They’re all run by Democrats, many for generations.
    2. They’ve all been looted and burned by left-wing Antifa terrorists and other anarchist groups over the past few nights.

That’s no coincidence.

What’s more, these riots are not America’s problem….

These riots are not President Trump’s problem…

Nope, these riots are wholly owned by the Democrat Party and the fools who continue to vote for them.

Jerome Hudson
    Volume 90%

With Keith Ellison you get Antifa, and when you’re stupid enough to vote for a Louis Farrakhan-hugging, Antifa-embracing radical like Keith Ellison to be your attorney general, your state’s top law enforcement officer… Enjoy the bed you made.

You voted for Keith Ellison and now Antifa burnt down your job. Huh? How about that?

You vote for a Democrat Party that has led your city to ruin for decades and decades and decades, and now Antifa’s destroyed your neighborhood. Huh? How about that?

I’m not happy about these riots. Of course not. The feeling is more along the lines of overwhelming indifference with a side of TOLDJASO. I’m not proud of the TOLDJASO part, but I’m also not going to lie about it.

And when Antifa attacked CNNLOL’s headquarters in Atlanta, I was reminded of something CNN staffer Chris Cuomo once said about Antifa: “[F]ighting hate is right. And in a clash between hate and those who oppose it, those who oppose it are on the side of right.”

Power to the people!

Let me put it this way…

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change…

And God did grant me that serenity safe in the knowledge I can’t fix stupid, and people who vote for Democrats are stupid, and I’ve spent 16 years and countless hours on these here InterWebDotNets warning you about Democrats, so my conscience is now clean with the serenity of indifference.

Yes, the Republican Party sucks. But it’s a binary choice and if you’re not stupid, you’ll always go with the pro-gun, anti-Antifa sucky party.    

And we did tell you so… We did. For decades, we’ve been warning you about the increased radicalization of the Democrat Partya radicalization that started right here and has not only openly embraced left-wing terrorists groups like Antifa, but has bred these monsters.

After all, what is Antifa if not the unholy spawn of a Democrat Party and its nihilistic, left-wing religion that preaches you into the spiritual void of loveless sex, massive tuition debt, hating America, despising free enterprise, smoking weed, and the sacrament of killing the unborn. By Democrat design, the marauders in Black Lives Matter and Antifa have no stake in America — their womyn studies degree ensures they have no job, no future, no family, and $150,000 in debt. Hell, why not riot?

To begin with, your pals in the left-wing media regularly encourage Antifa to riot in your city. Your pals in the left-wing media adore the terrorists who destroy your neighborhoods and livelihoods. Your pals in the left-wing media excuse and justify Antifa’s violence, and then write glowing profiles about them.

Antifa burns down your backyard and gets great press. So why not riot?

Matt Perdie
    Volume 90%

And of course Antifa and its unholy brethren of anarchist groups are going to target your Democrat-run city for a night of the ol’ ultra-violence…Where else are they going to riot? First off, monsters always seek to kill their creators. But there is also the reality of the logistics of the situation: Antifa knows Democrats are cucks who will allow them to riot. Antifa knows Democrat-run cities have gun control laws that ensure you remain defenseless.

Now seems like a good time to tell you about my weekend…

Out here in the sticks — you know, Rural America, that place you oh-so sophisticated Blue State Dwellers call the hinterlands, it was — no joke — the most beautiful weekend of the year. It was just perfect, and everyone in my neighborhood mowed their lawns and grilled meat while the kids rode bikes… I topped my Saturday night with a good book and a Pabst Blue Ribbon tallboy on the porch followed by a Western on my 60-inch plasma. I then went to bed with the windows open so my wife and I could fall asleep to the sound of crickets and the smell of freshly cut grass. And I did it all again on Sunday (except I watched a war movie instead of a Western)…

Now, I’m no idiot. There are always two loaded firearms within reach of my bed. But that’s about preparation, not fear, and if Antifa (or anyone) is ever stupid enough to move their marauding to my neck of the woods, all they’re going to discover are alert dogs, security lights, and patriots who believe in the Second Amendment.

But Antifa knows that, which is why they don’t come here…

Antifa’s not stupid. You are.

Woke is weak, and weakness invites aggression, and inviting aggression is stupid… And Antifa knows you’re stupid; Antifa knows you’re stupid enough to vote for the same Democrats who coddle them, who fund them, who aid and abet them by looking the other way. Antifa knows you’re stupid enough to vote for Democrats who disarm you so you cannot defend your family or business. Antifa know you’re stupid enough to vote for Democrats who arrest people who go to church in their car but not the predominantly white left-wing Antifa thugs who loot and burn black neighborhoods (because white Democrats have been looting and burning black America since Reconstruction).

Yes, a couple Republican-run cities saw some violent protests, but those are exceptions that prove a rule that ensured Antifa would burn dozens — dozens — of Democrat-run cities. It was inevitable, it was predictable, and you voted for it, and we toldjaso.

Let me ask you… How did it feel the other night when the same Democrat-led (for 48 years) Minneapolis police department that did what it did to George Floyd abandoned you… Did you feel like you were owning the Orange Bad Man?

Let me ask you… While you were cowering in a home lit only by the nearby fires… As you cradled your family and inhaled smoke coming from your job burning down… As you prayed to Gaia that no one would come because you had no way to defend yourself…  Did you feel like you were owning the NRA?

Matt Perdie
    Volume 90%

Last question… As you were sitting terrified at home watching Antifa screamed “***** Trump” and burn your neighborhood down on CNNLOL while CNNLOL spread the lie that blamed the violence on the Russians and white supremacists… Did you feel like you were owning Fox News?

I’m sorry there are riots in your neighborhood, I really am. And I’m sorry there will be more.

And I’m sorry you’re stupid, I really am.

But what you get what you vote for, and you voted for this….

Battle of ineffective clowns.

Cuomo Blasts Bill de Blasio for Refusing National Guard’s Help: ‘Inexcusable’

2 Jun 20205,937
    1:51

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) revealed Tuesday that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) refused assistance from the state’s National Guard to thwart widespread looting as protests and riots rage over the death of George Floyd.

In his daily press briefing, Cuomo issued stinging criticism of De Blasio and the New York Police Department, saying Monday evening’s failed attempt to quell violence unrest was “inexcusable.”

“The NYPD and New York City mayor did not do their job last night,” Cuomo said. “I think the mayor underestimates the scope of the problem and the duration of the problem. What happened in NYC was inexcusable.”

#BREAKING: Cuomo says de Blasio can be "displaced" and that he can "take over the Mayor's job."

Cuomo: "The NYPD and the Mayor did not do their job last night...It was a disgrace."

Embedded video
    1,077 people are talking about this

The governor explained that he offered cities around the state, including the Big Apple, help from the National Guard to stop looting, but De Blasio rejected the offer.

“My option is to displace the mayor of New York City and bring in the National Guard as the governor in an emergency and basically you would have to take over the mayor’s job,” Cuomo then explained. “I don’t think we’re at the point,” he said, before adding the move would yield a “chaotic situation” that “wouldn’t make any sense.”

The New York City Police Department arrested more than 700 protesters overnight. Looters damaged the flagship Macy’s department store in midtown Manhattan, emptied a Nike store and broke storefront windows near Rockefeller Center.

• lafilafi PEx Rookie ⭐
    Trump has the best supporters. ROTFL

• kalyesh!tekalyesh!te PEx Rookie ⭐

Good news to the US economy
    ==========================================

Unemployment drops to 13.3% in May as economy adds 2.5M jobs

It's the highest level of unemployment since the Great Depression

The U.S. unemployment rate unexpectedly dropped to 13.3 percent in May, down from a record high in April as the nation's economy began to gradually reopen from the coronavirus lockdown.

The Labor Department said in its Friday report that employers added 2.5 million jobs in May, even as the virus outbreak and subsequent stay-at-home measures mandated by states to curb the spread of COVID-19 forced nonessential businesses to close.

Economists surveyed by Refinitiv expected the report to show that unemployment rose to 19.8 percent in May and that employers shed 8 million jobs.

• lafilafi PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited June 5

Well, Dear Leader has to brag about something to stroke his own ego. 
    And yes Trump supporters, you are STUPID.  ROTFL

• Herr_StarrHerr_Starr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Good news to the US economy
    ==========================================

Unemployment drops to 13.3% in May as economy adds 2.5M jobs

It's the highest level of unemployment since the Great Depression

The U.S. unemployment rate unexpectedly dropped to 13.3 percent in May, down from a record high in April as the nation's economy began to gradually reopen from the coronavirus lockdown.

The Labor Department said in its Friday report that employers added 2.5 million jobs in May, even as the virus outbreak and subsequent stay-at-home measures mandated by states to curb the spread of COVID-19 forced nonessential businesses to close.

Economists surveyed by Refinitiv expected the report to show that unemployment rose to 19.8 percent in May and that employers shed 8 million jobs.

This is the exact situation Jason Furman was talking about, except, instead of counting crow in October, Trump is counting crow in June. I am hopeful we are through the worse, but knowing Trump, something tells me the other shoe is yet to drop.

I am waiting for proof Trump cannot make a bad situation worse.  ;)

• hellraiser2.hellraiser2. PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Economics

U.S. Hiring Rebounds, Defying Forecasts for Surge in Joblessness

June 5, 2020, 7:34 AM CDT Updated on June 5, 2020, 11:14 AM CDT
    •  
      Payrolls rise 2.5 million as pandemic impact starts to ease
    •  
      Unemployment rate falls to 13.3%; Canadian jobs also rise

America’s labor market defied forecasts for a Depression-style surge in unemployment, signaling the economy is picking up faster than anticipated from the coronavirus-inflicted recession amid reopenings and government stimulus.

A broad gauge of payrolls rose by 2.5 million in May, trouncing forecasts for a sharp decline following a 20.7 million tumble the prior month that was the largest in records back to 1939, according to Labor Department data Friday. The jobless rate fell to 13.3% from 14.7%.

U.S. stocks jumped after the report with the S&P 500 up 2.9%, adding to weeks of gains in equities since mid-March. The figures were so astonishing that President Donald Trump held a news conference, where he called the numbers “outstanding” and predicted further improvement before he’s up for re-election in November.

Read more: Bloomberg’s TOPLive blog on the jobs report

US payrolls climbed 25 million in May beating forecast for significant drop

While the overall picture improved, there are still major caveats: 21 million Americans remain unemployed with a jobless rate higher than any other time since 1940, indicating a full recovery remains far off with many likely to suffer for some time.

And the return to work is uneven, with unemployment ticking up among African Americans to 16.8%, matching the highest since 1984, even as unemployment rates declined among white and Hispanic Americans. That comes amid nationwide protests over police mistreatment of African-Americans, which have drawn renewed attention to race-based inequality.

What Bloomberg’s Economists Say

“The May employment report showed that lifting lockdown measures in the beginning of the month drove broad-based improvement across various labor-market metrics... Despite this improvement, a significant gap between wage income growth and its recent trend suggests that an additional round of fiscal measures in the second half of the year, directly aimed at supporting the labor market, may still be required.”

-- Yelena Shulyatyeva, Andrew Husby and Eliza Winger

The unexpected improvement wasn’t limited to the U.S. figures. North of the border, Canadian employment rose 290,000 in May, compared with forecasts of a 500,000 slump, its statistics office reported Friday.

The data show a U.S. economy pulling back from the brink as states relax restrictions and businesses bring back staff amid record government stimulus, including loans that were contingent on rehiring workers. At the same time, the lack of an effective treatment for Covid-19 -- which has already killed more than 100,000 in the U.S. -- means infections may persist and possibly surge in a second wave, with the potential to further shake the labor market and extend the economic weakness.

“Clearly the labor market turned the corner in late April, early May. We’re seeing a rebound of labor-market activity,” said Michael Englund, chief economist at Action Economics, who had estimated a payrolls decline of 2 million, the second-closest estimate. He expects June economic and labor-market data to show further improvements and plans to revise up his forecast for second-quarter gross domestic product.

The latest figures may give a boost to Trump, who has fallen behind Democratic challenger Joe Biden in polls amid dissatisfaction with the president’s response to the pandemic and the death of George Floyd. The numbers could also reduce pressure on policy for another round of fiscal support, with Democrats and Republicans at odds over the timing and scope of new measures following record aid approved by Congress.

“The only thing that can stop us is bad policy, like raising taxes and the Green New Deal,” Trump said Friday. He also said he’ll ask Congress to pass more economic stimulus, including a payroll tax cut.

Unemployment by Occupation

Economist forecasts had called for a decline of 7.5 million in payrolls and a jump in the unemployment rate to 19%. No one in Bloomberg’s survey had projected improvement in either figure.

One caution noted by the U.S. Labor Department: the unemployment rate “would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported,” so 16.3% if data were reported correctly, according to the agency’s statement. That refers to workers who were recorded as employed but absent from work due to other reasons, rather than unemployed on temporary layoff.

The broader U-6, or underemployment rate -- which includes those who haven’t searched for a job recently or want full-time employment -- fell only slightly to 21.2% in May from 22.8%. In February, it was 7%, with the main unemployment rate at a half-century low of 3.5%.

The employment-population ratio rose to 52.8% from 51.3%. The participation rate -- or the sum of employed and unemployed Americans as a share of the working-age population -- advanced to 60.8% from 60.2%, with both indicating people are coming back to work.

Hiring in May was broad-based, with hard-hit restaurants rebounding along with retail and health care. But state and local government workers were hammered for a second month, with 571,000 job cuts.

“The bounceback started earlier than most expected, but don’t get too excited about this one month of data,” said Nick Bunker, an economic-research director at jobs website Indeed. “Sectors hit hardest by the coronavirus are the ones seeing the largest bounceback in employment.”

Millions more Americans in May worked less than full week because of pandemic

Manufacturing payrolls rose by 225,000, following a 1.32 million decline in April.

The share of the unemployed on temporary layoff fell to 73% from a record-high 78.3%. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. economists said before the report that if job losses remain concentrated in furloughs, “it would increase the scope for a more rapid labor market recovery.”

Average hourly earnings for employed private workers rose 6.7% in May from a year ago, following 8% in April, as the return of low-wage workers skewed pay figures back downward a bit.

Round 1

Kalyeshite 5 Herr_Starr 0

Hellraiser2 10 points  Herr_Starr 0 points
  • TrollmasterTrollmaster PEx Rookie ⭐
    Economics

U.S. Hiring Rebounds, Defying Forecasts for Surge in Joblessness

June 5, 2020, 7:34 AM CDT Updated on June 5, 2020, 11:14 AM CDT
    •  
      Payrolls rise 2.5 million as pandemic impact starts to ease
    •  
      Unemployment rate falls to 13.3%; Canadian jobs also rise

America’s labor market defied forecasts for a Depression-style surge in unemployment, signaling the economy is picking up faster than anticipated from the coronavirus-inflicted recession amid reopenings and government stimulus.

A broad gauge of payrolls rose by 2.5 million in May, trouncing forecasts for a sharp decline following a 20.7 million tumble the prior month that was the largest in records back to 1939, according to Labor Department data Friday. The jobless rate fell to 13.3% from 14.7%.

U.S. stocks jumped after the report with the S&P 500 up 2.9%, adding to weeks of gains in equities since mid-March. The figures were so astonishing that President Donald Trump held a news conference, where he called the numbers “outstanding” and predicted further improvement before he’s up for re-election in November.

Read more: Bloomberg’s TOPLive blog on the jobs report

US payrolls climbed 25 million in May beating forecast for significant drop

While the overall picture improved, there are still major caveats: 21 million Americans remain unemployed with a jobless rate higher than any other time since 1940, indicating a full recovery remains far off with many likely to suffer for some time.

And the return to work is uneven, with unemployment ticking up among African Americans to 16.8%, matching the highest since 1984, even as unemployment rates declined among white and Hispanic Americans. That comes amid nationwide protests over police mistreatment of African-Americans, which have drawn renewed attention to race-based inequality.

What Bloomberg’s Economists Say

“The May employment report showed that lifting lockdown measures in the beginning of the month drove broad-based improvement across various labor-market metrics... Despite this improvement, a significant gap between wage income growth and its recent trend suggests that an additional round of fiscal measures in the second half of the year, directly aimed at supporting the labor market, may still be required.”

-- Yelena Shulyatyeva, Andrew Husby and Eliza Winger

The unexpected improvement wasn’t limited to the U.S. figures. North of the border, Canadian employment rose 290,000 in May, compared with forecasts of a 500,000 slump, its statistics office reported Friday.

The data show a U.S. economy pulling back from the brink as states relax restrictions and businesses bring back staff amid record government stimulus, including loans that were contingent on rehiring workers. At the same time, the lack of an effective treatment for Covid-19 -- which has already killed more than 100,000 in the U.S. -- means infections may persist and possibly surge in a second wave, with the potential to further shake the labor market and extend the economic weakness.

“Clearly the labor market turned the corner in late April, early May. We’re seeing a rebound of labor-market activity,” said Michael Englund, chief economist at Action Economics, who had estimated a payrolls decline of 2 million, the second-closest estimate. He expects June economic and labor-market data to show further improvements and plans to revise up his forecast for second-quarter gross domestic product.

The latest figures may give a boost to Trump, who has fallen behind Democratic challenger Joe Biden in polls amid dissatisfaction with the president’s response to the pandemic and the death of George Floyd. The numbers could also reduce pressure on policy for another round of fiscal support, with Democrats and Republicans at odds over the timing and scope of new measures following record aid approved by Congress.

“The only thing that can stop us is bad policy, like raising taxes and the Green New Deal,” Trump said Friday. He also said he’ll ask Congress to pass more economic stimulus, including a payroll tax cut.

Unemployment by Occupation

Economist forecasts had called for a decline of 7.5 million in payrolls and a jump in the unemployment rate to 19%. No one in Bloomberg’s survey had projected improvement in either figure.

One caution noted by the U.S. Labor Department: the unemployment rate “would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported,” so 16.3% if data were reported correctly, according to the agency’s statement. That refers to workers who were recorded as employed but absent from work due to other reasons, rather than unemployed on temporary layoff.

The broader U-6, or underemployment rate -- which includes those who haven’t searched for a job recently or want full-time employment -- fell only slightly to 21.2% in May from 22.8%. In February, it was 7%, with the main unemployment rate at a half-century low of 3.5%.

The employment-population ratio rose to 52.8% from 51.3%. The participation rate -- or the sum of employed and unemployed Americans as a share of the working-age population -- advanced to 60.8% from 60.2%, with both indicating people are coming back to work.

Hiring in May was broad-based, with hard-hit restaurants rebounding along with retail and health care. But state and local government workers were hammered for a second month, with 571,000 job cuts.

“The bounceback started earlier than most expected, but don’t get too excited about this one month of data,” said Nick Bunker, an economic-research director at jobs website Indeed. “Sectors hit hardest by the coronavirus are the ones seeing the largest bounceback in employment.”

Millions more Americans in May worked less than full week because of pandemic

Manufacturing payrolls rose by 225,000, following a 1.32 million decline in April.

The share of the unemployed on temporary layoff fell to 73% from a record-high 78.3%. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. economists said before the report that if job losses remain concentrated in furloughs, “it would increase the scope for a more rapid labor market recovery.”

Average hourly earnings for employed private workers rose 6.7% in May from a year ago, following 8% in April, as the return of low-wage workers skewed pay figures back downward a bit.

Naku burahin mo daw yan sabi ni HerrStarr, nakakasira daw sa election campaign ng mga Democraps!   :rofl: