Home PEx Chat Small Talk
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at pex-in[email protected] for assistance.

What are you doing at home during quarantine?

BrwinwaBrwinwa PEx Rookie ⭐
The ECQ has been extended again! During this long time of quarantine, what are you doing at home? For me, I watch TV series, learn to cook, and mostly sleep. I am getting bored and bored. I wonder what else we can do at home. Please, everyone, share your ideas and make our life better together!

Comments

• BrwinwaBrwinwa PEx Rookie ⭐
    look forward to your sharing! 
  • Let the virus beat by playing a game!

In a locked world, the sense of helplessness can be overwhelming, but we can all use our computers to defeat the virus from the comfort of our homes.

The whole world is worried about the spread of coronavirus. 
    We locked ourselves in the house feeling helpless. Computers keep us connected to the outside world and allow us to maintain our sanity
    Analysts: Playing games is a safe place to avoid COVID-19 infection, according to the global government's call "Everyone refrain from going out to avoid infection". 
    You can go to the Friv2020.best websites to find your favorite game and play to destroy the limited time during the outbreak.

In a locked world, the sense of helplessness can be overwhelming, but we can all use our computers to defeat the virus from the comfort of our homes.

Game is also a good option, but long time of playing game can make me exhausted.
  • brad777brad777 PExer
    The basis of morale is production.  Im finding ways to produce para maraise morale ko.  Im watching videos online with income..so at least im producing minimum 1,250 pesos per day for 1 hr viewing..not bad! :)  37.5k pesos per month..xtra income!
    I guess nobody noticed this discussion...
    today, i plan to make some deserts with sugar and flour. don't know if i will succeed. But i will have a try.
    nobody want to have some discussions here? come on, it's gonna be fun.
  • AkeenatorAkeenator PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited May 5
    i'm currently working from home, sooooooo after work, I play the games that I bought last steam sale or basta last christmas break, so far na bored ako sa FFXV maganda graphics pero story is so-so, then I'm currently playing Hollow Knight which is a platformer currently pahinga since nakaka stress siya but in a fun way. stress kasi for unknown reasons nagpapawis palad and talampakan ko hahaha
    Akeenator said:
    i'm currently working from home, sooooooo after work, I play the games that I bought last steam sale or basta last christmas break, so far na bored ako sa FFXV maganda graphics pero story is so-so, then I'm currently playing Hollow Knight which is a platformer currently pahinga since nakaka stress siya but in a fun way. stress kasi for unknown reasons nagpapawis palad and talampakan ko hahaha
    I can see that you like playing games, hahaha. it's good to have some hobbies during quarantine. your life won't get bored.
    come on! Let's share our life here!

Mais con Yelo

Ingredients

• 4 ears of corn, kernels cut from cobs (2 1/2–3 cups), cobs reserved
      • 3/4 cup heavy cream
      • 1/4 cup condensed milk
      • 1/4 cup evaporated milk
      • 8 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
      • 1 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
      • 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
      • Cornflakes (for serving)
      • Preparation
          1. Set aside 1 cup corn kernels for the syrup. Transfer remaining kernels to a large bowl. Using the handle of a spoon or a butter knife, vigorously scape cobs over bowl to release any remaining bits of kernels and as much corn liquid as possible. Transfer kernels and liquid to a blender. Blend on high speed until liquefied as much as possible (there will still be some small chunks—that’s okay), about 1 minute. Transfer to a sheet of cheesecloth, then wring and twist bundle to release corn liquid into a medium bowl (you should have ¾–1 cup). Discard solids.
          2. Add cream, condensed milk, evaporated milk, 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 2 cups water to bowl with corn liquid and whisk to combine. Pour mixture into a 13x9" baking dish. Freeze until icy around the edges, about 30 minutes. Using a fork, scrape granita every 30 minutes until ice crystals are thick, icy, and flaky, about 2 hours. Cover tightly and freeze until ready to use.
          3. Meanwhile, bring brown sugar, remaining 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar, remaining 1 tsp. salt, and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until syrup is glossy and slightly thickened but still runny, 10–15 minutes. Add reserved 1 cup corn, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened to the consistency of maple syrup and corn is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Let cool, then chill in an airtight container until ready to serve.
          4. Divide syrup and corn among sundae glasses. Top with granita. Sprinkle with cornflakes.                                     
    Mais Con Hielo - RECIPE  Photo by Joseph De Leo Food Styling by Anna StockwellHere is a recipe. I wanted to share pictures with you, but i am new here. Guess need to wait for some times. Let's try this delicious dessert!
  • Basically having a movie marathon. The classics never let me down, and popcorn movies are not bad - it's awesome to go from Iron Man 1 to Avengers: Endgame.
    Basically having a movie marathon. The classics never let me down, and popcorn movies are not bad - it's awesome to go from Iron Man 1 to Avengers: Endgame.
    oh yeah! I also love avengers so much! i love them all, but my favorite role is Thor.

Eggplant Omelet (Tortang Talong)

Ingredients

• 2 large Asian eggplants (about 1/3 pound/155 g each)
      • 2 extra-large eggs
      • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
      • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
      • 2 tablespoons picked cooked crabmeat (optional)
      • Fish sauce, for serving
      • Preparation
          1. Preheat the broiler.
          2. Lay the eggplants in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil them, flipping once or twice, until they are soft and blackened on all sides, about 15 minutes. (If you have a gas stove, you can do this by holding the eggplants with tongs over a burner on medium-high heat, turning them so they blacken on all sides.)
          3. Place the softened eggplants in a ziplock bag. Set aside for 10 minutes to steam (this makes the skin easier to peel). Peel the eggplants, discarding the skins, and use a fork to gently flatten the flesh.
          4. Put the eggs in a shallow bowl. Beat well and season with salt and pepper.
          5. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant in the beaten eggs, letting it soak for a second or two so that it is well covered with the egg. Season the egg-dipped eggplant with additional salt and pepper and place it in the skillet. Repeat with the other eggplant, making sure there’s room between them in the skillet. Place 1 tablespoon of the crab (if using) on top of each eggplant, pressing it down with a fork.
          6. When the eggplants are crispy and browned on one side, 4 to 5 minutes, flip them over and cook until browned and crispy on the second side, about 3 
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited May 11
    A lot of ongoing projects but here are a few. For laughs, I have learned to make Tofu Pudding (or taho). Picked up recipe online. Ingredients are available in most Asian stores.

3D Printing. Cleaning my old one (Monoprice Make Select V2) with wipes and gun oil (since sewing machine oil is Sold Out at Walmart). Still waiting for magnetic plate before assembling my 2nd one (Creality CR-10S).

Binge watching TV series and movies. Other than Netflix and Disney Plus.

And a few games and projects on PC. My kids each have their own PC while my wife prefers to be on the tablet.

Stay safe. :)
  • Envy16Envy16 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    currently working from home. I actually prefer this over the usual office setting.
    Dunedain said:
    A lot of ongoing projects but here are a few. For laughs, I have learned to make Tofu Pudding (or taho). Picked up recipe online. Ingredients are available in most Asian stores.

3D Printing. Cleaning my old one (Monoprice Make Select V2) with wipes and gun oil (since sewing machine oil is Sold Out at Walmart). Still waiting for magnetic plate before assembling my 2nd one (Creality CR-10S).

Binge watching TV series and movies. Other than Netflix and Disney Plus.

And a few games and projects on PC. My kids each have their own PC while my wife prefers to be on the tablet.

Stay safe. :)
    wow, looks good! you have so many things to do. it seems that you still enjoy your life during quarantine. we should learn this from you. 
    Envy16 said:
    currently working from home. I actually prefer this over the usual office setting.
    you must have more freedom at home. if i have a choice, i also prefer to work at home.

Easiest Chicken Adobo

Ingredients

• 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
      • 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
      • 4 chicken drumsticks
      • 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
      • 5 dried bay leaves
      • 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
      • 3/4 cup soy sauce
      • 1 Tbsp. light or dark brown sugar
      • 2 green chiles (such as serrano or jalapeño), thinly sliced, seeds removed if desired, divided
      • Freshly ground black pepper
      • Cooked rice (for serving)

Preparation

1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium. Cook chicken, thighs skin side down, lifting pieces with tongs once or twice toward the end to let fat flow underneath and turning drumsticks as needed to brown both sides, until skin is crisp and golden brown, 7–10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and turn thighs skin side up.
      2. Add garlic, bay leaves, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and half of chiles to same pot. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved; season generously with pepper.
      3. Return chicken to pot; arrange skin side up. Cover and cook gently, adjusting heat to maintain a bare simmer and turning pieces halfway through, until chicken is very tender and meat is pulling away from bones but not falling apart, 35–40 minutes.
      4. Transfer chicken to a clean plate. Bring braising liquid to a boil over medium-high and cook, stirring often, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; return chicken to pot, turning to coat in sauce.
      5. Serve chicken over rice topped with remaining chile and more pepper.                                     

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file