Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Heeelp. Proposal/engagement questions

Hi! I am planning to propose po sa Gf. I would like to ask way too many questions. Wala akong mapagtanungan na friend at baka maspoil ang plans ko.

I want to ask for permission or what they call "basbas" sa parents nya before ako mag proceed sa plans ko.

Question 1: Should I talk directly sa parents nya or sa mga kapatid muna then afterwards humingi ako ng advice/help when to talk to her parents.
Followup question: if unahin ko mga kapatid nya, hindi ba pangit na impression yun sa parents lalo sa tatay?

Question 2: Ano ano ang mga ieexpect ko na itanong or sabihin saken kapag humingi na ko ng basbas sa parents nya?

Question 3: Right after ng proposal, deretso pamamanhikan na ba yun? I mean ilang days/weeks/months mangyayari yun after ng proposal/engagement?

Question 4: Ano ano po mga ieexpect ko na mangyayari sa pamamanhikan?

Sooorry sa madaming tanong hehe It's just im way too excited sa mga mangyayari and i have no damn idea kung ano ano ang mga dapat kong iexpect. After this pandemic, i will buy an engagement ring then talk to my parents first para makahingi ako ng advice rin.

Comments

• java_chiqjava_chiq PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    IMHO... propose to your girl first, before asking her family. 
    It would be so damned awkward if after all the advise they give, you'll find that your girl is not ready to be on that level yet. 

There's no specific time required to stay engaged before hitching it, just that more than a year may feel like it's too much. :)

First things first sweetie :)
  • java_chiq said:
    It would be so damned awkward if after all the advise they give, you'll find that your girl is not ready to be on that level yet. 

There's no specific time required to stay engaged before hitching it, just that more than a year may feel like it's too much. :)

Thank youu!!! 
  • java_chiqjava_chiq PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    java_chiq said:

Thank youu!!! 
    Good luck dude :) hope she says yes!