Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

WHO Experts:Rest of the World Cannot Tackle the Coronavirus like China did

11 extreme measures China took to contain the coronavirus show the rest of the world is unprepared for COVID-19

The novel coronavirus is slowing down across China, just as the pandemic accelerates rapidly elsewhere around the world. On Sunday, there were just 27 new confirmed cases of  COVID-19 across the country where the disease originated, in the city of Wuhan, last year, while elsewhere around the world, 10,955 new cases were diagnosed.

A recent multilateral mission to China by health authorities from around the globe has revealed the rest of the world "is simply not ready" to tackle the coronavirus with the speed and seriousness that China has, as the World Health Organization's Dr. Bruce Aylward, who led the international team of 25 health experts, told reporter upon his return. 

"Hundreds of thousands of people in China did not get COVID-19 because of this aggressive response," Aylward said, adding that the techniques were "old-fashioned public-health tools" but applied "with a rigor and innovation of approach on a scale that we've never seen in history." 

Here are 11 of the dramatic — and draconian — disease-fighting tools that China has used to end the spread of the new coronavirus.

1. Trains didn't stop at the disease's epicenter, Wuhan.
2. People who thought they might have the coronavirus could go to one of the nation's many fever clinics.
3. Coronavirus testing was easily accessible and free.
4. China built new hospitals in a rush, with workers toiling night and day to get them done.
5. China walled off entire hospital wards to contain the virus.
6. The country implemented large-scale contact tracing in the early 2000s.
7. China used technology that aims to trace every single COVID-19 case.
8. The country postponed non-urgent medical care, and moved many doctor's visits online. Not all patients were given the critical care they needed during the outbreak, though.
9. While staying home, it's been relatively easy for Chinese people to get extra food and supplies.
10. People quickly shifted jobs in order to assist during the outbreak.
11. Chinese citizens did their part to curb the disease's trajectory on an individual level, too, though we may never know the true scale of their complaints or sacrifices in this outbreak.

Comments

• Should we have to stop the virus in Chinese ways?
  • Herr_StarrHerr_Starr Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Taiwan went one better, they screened flights from Wuhan long before China acknowledged the Novel Coronavirus, the end result, 53 cases out of a population of 23 million. 

Singapore kept their borders, and the city open, even after the first cases broke in late January. The city has not shuttered schools, malls or restaurants even now...Cumulative total since late January, 243 cases, 0 casualties. 
  • TrollmasterTrollmaster PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited March 17
    Emma_Torres said:

Here are 11 of the dramatic — and draconian — disease-fighting tools that China has used to end the spread of the new coronavirus.

2. People who thought they might have the coronavirus could go to one of the nation's many fever clinics.
    4. China built new hospitals in a rush, with workers toiling night and day to get them done.
    8. The country postponed non-urgent medical care, and moved many doctor's visits online. Not all patients were given the critical care they needed during the outbreak, though.
    9. While staying home, it's been relatively easy for Chinese people to get extra food and supplies.
    11. Chinese citizens did their part to curb the disease's trajectory on an individual level, too, though we may never know the true scale of their complaints or sacrifices in this outbreak.

Don't believe this piece of crap. China is not transparent because of their Great Firewall of China. All the information coming from China has to pass through their censorship!
  • hsusonhsuson Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited March 17
    ^Emma Torres, paid China Troll.  Joined March 10 2020.

China burned all the dead nCov victims.

Daming unaccounted.

Never trust the Commie chinese.  They are SH!T

:lol: 
    China PLA:  Why invade Taiwan when they can easily takeover the Philippines peacefully
  • ArnoldZArnoldZ Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

PExperts:Rest of the World Did Not Originate the Coronavirus, China did!

• topnotch97topnotch97 Marley Brinx says hi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nakakatawa diyan yung mga nagkakalat ng posts na nag-originate sa US ang covid19 gaya na nag-start daw sa mga  vapers with lung disease. duon daw nag-start. nakakatawa talaga at madami naniniwala.
    In the news now, Western journalists, who are investigating if China indeed is successful in the fight against Chinavirus, are now being deported by the Chinese government!   Are they hiding something???
    China = world's number 1 exporter of plagues: bubonic plague, bird flu virus, SARS and now coronavirus!   :rofl:  
  • Taiwan went one better, they screened flights from Wuhan long before China acknowledged the Novel Coronavirus, the end result, 53 cases out of a population of 23 million. 

Singapore kept their borders, and the city open, even after the first cases broke in late January. The city has not shuttered schools, malls or restaurants even now...Cumulative total since late January, 243 cases, 0 casualties. 
    For your information, China has 21 new Covid-19 cases yesterday, meanwhile Taiwan added 10 new COVID-19 cases and 23 new cases in Singapore. Taiwan and Singapore has done nothing better than China, which has a bigger population and been worst hit by the virus. But it's not worthy to argue about which country is the best. Anyway, temp travel ban and strict quarantine measures for any close contacts must be undertaken. That's the things we should learn from Taiwan, Singapore and China.  
  • Emma_Torres said:

Don't believe this piece of crap. China is not transparent because of their Great Firewall of China. All the information coming from China has to pass through their censorship!
    Yeah, China has censorship over the Internet. The WHO experts also mentioned that professors, journalists and doctors in China have been silenced and disappeared, after they’ve shared vital information about the coronavirus outbreak – without the consent of the Chinese government. And that's the reason why I believe in this article. He has traveled to China and told his experience to Business Insider, which is not a China-influenced media.
  • hsuson said:

Daming unaccounted.

I have so much time to kill because the school has been suspended. But sadly my account was hacked a few days ago and after that I've seen you guys posting comments actively, especially under the topic concerning COVID-19. You actually work with Herr_Starr, Trollmaster and ArnoldZ, right? You guys always appear after 9AM, and stop talking at night(also the Weekend). That's how you guys try to influence people: ArnoldZ posts some news first, and then Trollmaster left some short and aggressive comments. If there's a different voice, Herr_Starr would come in and left some "insightful" comments.
    hsuson, how did you get your account?
    edited March 18
    hsuson said:

Daming unaccounted.

I have so much time to kill because the school has been suspended. But sadly my account was hacked a few days ago and after that I've seen you guys posting comments actively, especially under the topic concerning COVID-19. You actually work with Herr_Starr, Trollmaster and ArnoldZ, right? You guys always appear after 9AM, and stop talking at night(also the Weekend). That's how you guys try to influence people: ArnoldZ posts some news first, and then Trollmaster left some short and aggressive comments. If there's a different voice, Herr_Starr would come in and left some "insightful" comments.
    PEX isn't a totalitarian regime where users move lockstep with one another.  ArnoldZ is a poster I disagree with 75% of the time! This would have been obvious if you used a search function, but wait, Google search is banned in China.  =)

I've been a member since 2001, have criticized the US, China and the Philippines hija...You really should try harder comrade.

Good luck with school, if you were in Taiwan, you would be in class right now...One wonders how you are doing in Propaganda 101.
  • In the news now, Western journalists, who are investigating if China indeed is successful in the fight against Chinavirus, are now being deported by the Chinese government!   Are they hiding something???
    What news? Please say it specifically
  • You guys truly never care about Philippine. My intention is to discuss if those measures work for our Country, but you totally get it wrong.
  • nakakatawa diyan yung mga nagkakalat ng posts na nag-originate sa US ang covid19 gaya na nag-start daw sa mga  vapers with lung disease. duon daw nag-start. nakakatawa talaga at madami naniniwala.
    The important thing is not about where it originated, it's about how we can control the virus.
    You guys truly never care about Philippine. My intention is to discuss if those measures work for our Country, but you totally get it wrong.
    What's Philippine? Our country is the Philippines. 

Your 'intentions' seem to consist of nothing more than Praise Releases for China...Let us know when you talk about anything other than that newbie. 
  • hsuson said:

Daming unaccounted.

PEX isn't a totalitarian regime where users move lockstep with one another.  ArnoldZ is a poster I disagree with 75% of the time! This would have been obvious if you used a search function, but wait, Google search is banned in China.  =)

I've been a member since 2001, have criticized the US, China and the Philippines hija...You really should try harder comrade.

Good luck with school, if you were in Taiwan, you would be in class right now...One wonders how you are doing in Propaganda 101.
    75%? That's an pretty accurate number, almost like you just saying that randomly.  And you said that you have criticized the US, China and the Philippines, but what I have seen is that you are criticizing China...Is that the work your boss asked you to do? Curiouser and curiouser. 

And what about Trollmaster? You guys always appear in a same post in the same time. Please explain that.

Taiwan is so far away from home and we can't go anywhere because of the lockdown. Propaganda 101, interesting. Maybe I could watch Produce 101 to kill my time.
    hsuson said:

Daming unaccounted.

75%? That's an pretty accurate number, almost like you just saying that randomly.  And you said that you have criticized the US, China and the Philippines, but what I have seen is that you are criticizing China...Is that the work your boss asked you to do? Curiouser and curiouser. 

And what about Trollmaster? You guys always appear in a same post in the same time. Please explain that.

Taiwan is so far away from home and we can't go anywhere because of the lockdown. Propaganda 101, interesting. Maybe I could watch Produce 101 to kill my time.
    I don't have to explain anything hija, the Search Function is your friend, unless you don't have access to Google. 

Watching Produce 101 is probably a better use of your time than you posting on PEX.  :)

• You guys truly never care about Philippine. My intention is to discuss if those measures work for our Country, but you totally get it wrong.
    What's Philippine? Our country is the Philippines. 

Your 'intentions' seem to consist of nothing more than Praise Releases for China...Let us know when you talk about anything other than that newbie. 
    There you go again, trying to be an English master and question people with different opinions.  Haven't you just said "PEX isn't a totalitarian regime where users move lockstep with one another" ? What a joke!  And please come and talk with me in other posts, veteran.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file