Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

Q105

Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
I'm sure many are already aware of the demise of Crossover 105.1. The Villars have opted to lease their radio station to a group of investors (not yet revealed at this time) who will bring in the CHR format - or at least, based on what we've been hearing during their test broadcast.

The call sign would now be Q105. No details yet - whether they'll bring in DJ's into the mix. 

Will post more details as they come...

Comments

• Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    edited January 19
    Carlo Jose has resigned already from FM1 and FM2 last Wednesday. As such, a mass resignation of DJ's was experienced at FM1. 

Carlo's now with Q105. They officially launched today, and from all indications, it's not going to directly compete with Play or Magic. Suffice to say that it's not going to be part of my pre-set keys. The sign-on DJ's were actually doing "Taglish," such a pain to hear.

Which officially lends credence to my observation that their stingers sound very "Magic-y" or "FM1ish." I'm not privy who the personalities of FM1 are but if you hear them on Q105, don't be surprised.

No information yet on who the investors are. I also have no idea if Carlo and Bong Aportadera (Sonny B ) had a falling out that led to the former's resignation. Who knows? It might be their preparation for 2022 when a new administration comes in. Or maybe Carlo opted out with Aportadera's blessing.

• eddyon102eddyon102 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    A bunch of DJs from FM1 were added to the Q105 roster.

Also, aside from Top 40, I observed that they have local and international news every hour before the Top of the Hour ID.
    edited January 22
    Based on my observation on Q105, they aired some news snippets ala-"News You Can Use" but added with some stock exchange and entertainment updates.
    edited January 22
    The word is out:

The producers behind the Filipino-Chinese weekly program Chinatown TV is currently leasing the 105.1 station. But not only that, they'll expand the "Q Radio" branding on their planning stage in Bacolod, Cebu and Davao aside from being heard also in Baguio via 'relay' station from Manila.
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    I heard their morning show earlier, CHR format with DJs speaking in Taglish is the one that stuck out to me
  • James Ty IIIJames Ty III PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The departure of Carlo Jose and company is proof that being in a government radio station isn’t financially stable.
    Carlo Jose has resigned already from FM1 and FM2 last Wednesday. As such, a mass resignation of DJ's was experienced at FM1. 

Carlo's now with Q105. They officially launched today, and from all indications, it's not going to directly compete with Play or Magic. Suffice to say that it's not going to be part of my pre-set keys. The sign-on DJ's were actually doing "Taglish," such a pain to hear.

Which officially lends credence to my observation that their stingers sound very "Magic-y" or "FM1ish." I'm not privy who the personalities of FM1 are but if you hear them on Q105, don't be surprised.

No information yet on who the investors are. I also have no idea if Carlo and Bong Aportadera (Sonny B ) had a falling out that led to the former's resignation. Who knows? It might be their preparation for 2022 when a new administration comes in. Or maybe Carlo opted out with Aportadera's blessing.

Alyssa Esplana, a former FM1 DJ, told me on Twitter that she is now part of Q105. She added that the complete list of DJs will come out this week. One of them is Jimmy J, also formerly from FM1.
    Jay, the Villars are permanently retiring from radio?
  • badofiladabadofilada PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    What is the complete schedule of Q105, now that parang kumpleto na yung mga DJs?
    edited February 19

MONDAY-FRIDAY
    4 am – Music automation
    6 am – The Morning Q Brew with Show Suzuki and Joelle
    9 am –  Jimmy J 

12 nn – Samantha P. and Eduardo

3 pm – Aly

6 pm to 12 mn – Music automation

WEEKENDS
    4 am to 12 mn – Music automation

Also, Jack Stone, who also used to be with FM1 and FM2, is the new music director of Q105.

MONDAY-FRIDAY
    4 am – Music automation
    6 am – The Morning Q Brew with Show Suzuki and Joelle
    9 am –  Midday Q with Samantha and Ysa 

12 nn – Music automation 

3 pm – Aly

6 pm to 9 pm — DJ Pam

9-12 midnight Music Automation 

Jimmy J is on Sundays so he can still be on weekdays on FM1.

Ysa is a sportscaster and coliseum barker for the Philippine Superliga. She is a discovery of Noel Zarate.

Pam used to be a DJ for Wave 89.1 which is part of Tiger 22, the former employer of Q105.1 boss Carlo Jose.
  • loverama2017loverama2017 PEx Rookie ⭐
    From smooth jazz and easy listening music via Crossover 105.1, the game has changed with the help of Q105.1! 'Di pa man nagsisimula ang bagong dekada on December 30, 2019, we have heard popular tunes and not-so-classic ones that are contributed by local and foreign artists and bands. Isa si Ysa Chong sa mga disk jockeys na nagrereport sa naturang himpilan. Keep on fighting, Q 105.1!