Home PEx Business and Careers Call Centers and Call Center Jobs

Terminated: To declare/not declare?

Hi all,

I just need advice on what is the best route to take for my upcoming interview at Accenture. I applied for an associate software engineer (non-agent post) and was given a call that I passed the initial screening. They've already scheduled me for an assessment and interview.

Now a bit of history, I had a good 2 years and 1 month with my previous BPO company but sadly, due to a lot of complications and personal reasons, my attendance suffered and I was terminated because of it. I am properly cleared from the company though and have left on good terms with everyone. Nothing but good things to say about them. It's really just my AR record that was unpleasant which eventually led to my termination.

My concern now is with Accenture being one of the most significant figures in the IT/BPO industry, I have a feeling they have a really strict background check and I've read that even though some have gotten away with "para-paraan", they were eventually found out and terminated even during an ongoing project! Given that, I'm thinking of just declaring that I was terminated to avoid any further problems and I can't afford another termination record if ever I do make it. The downside is most likely this will affect my chances of employment with them since termination due to AR is a big red flag.. I have no problems explaining it and how I can move forward with it but I can't help but consider the other side where I just say "I resigned to look for greener pastures" or something along those lines.. just for them to keep their interest in me.

So far, I'm leaning on the side of admitting it since it's not really in my character to lie about these things especially with one of the most prestigious companies for IT newbies, but I really don't want to lose the chance either due to the termination from my previous company..

Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    edited December 2019
    Not declare. 

Most people don't know this but it is actually illegal for companies to divulge that you got terminated. They can only either confirm you are cleared or not, as well as the employment dates.

Since cleared ka na, you're good to go!

One thing I learned in life is not to be "too honest". Walang company na willingly maghahire sayo if you got terminated especially due to attendance issues, reality iyan.
  • bigboy0101bigboy0101 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited December 2019
    Bakit kasi hindi mo pa inunahan ng resignation bago ka ma-terminate? :frowning:

Alam mo naman pala na mateterminate ka, at may plano ka din pala lumipat ng kumpanya and I'm sure may warning yan before termination. Sana inunahan mo na ng resignation.

• @IronHandofJustice Thanks bro that makes a lot of sense. Ang iniisip ko lang kasi, they might talk to HR directly instead of the character references (all the TM's I have good relationships with) and they might find out due to my AR points...
  • @bigboy0101 Wala pa ako plano lumipat noon because I was doing well people, performance and attendace wise. Unti-unti ko na nababawi points ko. I went on hearing sa HR and they gave me a chance pero due to transition sa BPO namin, they had to some "cleanup" and I guess my points were too high. I thought I could make it kasi nga pinagbigyan pa ko but I was terminated anyway.
  • I know someone na nag-awol sa previous work niya, sinabi niya sa interview and tinanggap naman siya, but that was 2013 pa.

The high respect for accenture makes me laugh, depende sa project kung matutuwa ka kay accenture o hindi, lower your bar of expectation sa company na to.