Home PEx Business and Careers Personal Investing and Money Management
Tip: Value your mental health. Put that annoying PExer on your ignore list.

Apple Credit Card

Meron naba naka try ng Apple Credit Card 

Comments

• https://www.apple.com/apple-card/ websitelink to get an invitation
  • ehleesyanehleesyan PEx Moderator
    Unfortunately, Apple Card is available to US only... for now.
  • ehleesyan said:
    Totoo kaya papasok din siya sa Philippines??? Soon
  • piquanteyepiquanteye Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Sino card issuer?
  • northkidnorthkid PEx Rookie ⭐
    Goldman Sachs ang issuer ng Apple Card.
  • cbnsk01cbnsk01 PEx Rookie ⭐
    ehleesyan said:
    Totoo kaya papasok din siya sa Philippines??? Soon
    possible pero  i doubt . Mga balakid na naiisip ko:

1. Need nila i work out sa kung sino mag iissue dito sa ph. kung sila mismo lang need nila maaprove ni BSP.

2 Maliit market nila dito. honestly Maliit na percent lang ang gumagamit ng bank services cards, loans , casa etc..... D tulad sa ibang bansa na normal na .

3. closed loop lagi si apple kaya i doubt na mag partner yan sa mga bank unless sin laki ng china yung prospect nila.
  • hsusonhsuson PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    northkid said:
    Goldman Sachs ang issuer ng Apple Card.
    And MASTERCARD
  • Exclusive yata for iphone users marketing strategy para mas lumakas ang benta ng Apple products lalo na ang iphone tapos bundle with Apple Credit Card dapat siguro may bank sila dito na pwede maging payment center nila....
    No need for bank. Apple can directly issue credit card -- remember the Home Credit being given go signal to issue credit cards by the BSP? 

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10870, July 17, 2016 - AN ACT REGULATING THE PHILIPPINE CREDIT CARD INDUSTRY
    (h) Credit card issuer refers to a bank or a corporation that offers the use of its credit card;
    ehleesyan said:
    No need for bank. Apple can directly issue credit card -- remember the Home Credit being given go signal to issue credit cards by the BSP? 

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10870, July 17, 2016 - AN ACT REGULATING THE PHILIPPINE CREDIT CARD INDUSTRY
    (h) Credit card issuer refers to a bank or a corporation that offers the use of its credit card;
    Apple is not a corporation in the PH.

They cannot issue cards directly.

hsuson said:
    ehleesyan said:

Apple is not a corporation in the PH.

They cannot issue cards directly.

Yun nga lang problema :)
  • pexplopexplo PEx Rookie ⭐
    mas looking forward ako sa Apple Pay kaysa cc nila tbh. kaya lang mukhang pa-QR code ang development dito sa pinas. :(
    pexplo said:
    mas looking forward ako sa Apple Pay kaysa cc nila tbh. kaya lang mukhang pa-QR code ang development dito sa pinas. :(
    same issue din. Tied din kasi sa credit card yun. Nadigitize lang.
    edited December 2019
    LizIO said:
    I have nothing against this credit card but... in my opinion geting in debt never is a good choice. Only if you have no other options I guess. I have a friend who borrowed some money from me and even though he had to pay this debt off about three months ago I still didn't get the money. Looks like he really just can't pay me back but I need the money so I am about to use Private Debt Collection services. Now it seems to be the only option.
    I a way , I have to disagree on your opinion. In the age of globalization, Debt is a necessity. Even Government and Big companies take on debt . This is to show investors they are worth investing on. Here is an example for consumers : Buying 3m house will be impossible for most as we dont have the cash. This is where different line of credits comes in. As consumers pay promptly, Their credit history is improves. This then can be used to get other loans to start a business, invest, etc.

My take on this topic.

1. for the ones taking in the debt - educate ourselves financially. Never take debt that you cant pay as it will have long and negative effects that will haunt us.

2. for the ones providing the loan - Two things to check, Capacity to pay and willingness to pay. Also, dont use personal relationships as collateral for loans. It never works.

3.Instead of going to private debt collectors who takes x% on your claim. Use our small claims court to get your money. 
    edited December 2019
    LizIO said:
    I have nothing against this credit card but... in my opinion geting in debt never is a good choice. Only if you have no other options I guess. I have a friend who borrowed some money from me and even though he had to pay this debt off about three months ago I still didn't get the money. Looks like he really just can't pay me back but I need the money so I am about to use Private Debt Collection services. Now it seems to be the only option.
    Just because somebody did not pay you back, debt is bad na.  Medyo stupid statement yan.

Kung walang debt most industries will fail.  The auto and housing sectors will collapse.  Companies cannot expand and build factories.  Wala tayong highways, MRT-LRT, Skyway, NLEX, SLEX, bridges, and airports since these are financed by borrowings.  

Yung mga banks and financial institutions babagsak since they cannot earn from lending.

Billions of people will lose their jobs.

Billions of people will starve to death.

The whole world will be brought back to the 10th century.
  • RyuujiRyuuji PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    edited December 2019
    Bot ata yang nag-post. Don't click on the link.

Mastercard si Apple Card