Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

Disney-Pixar's SOUL (2020)

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator

About Soul: 
Directed by two-time Academy Award®-winner Pete Docter, co-directed by Kemp Powers and produced by Academy Award®-nominee Dana Murray, Disney and Pixar’s “Soul” opens in theaters on June 19, 2020. According to Docter, the idea for the story is 23 years in the making. “It started with my son—he’s 23 now—but the instant he was born, he already had a personality,” says Docter. “Where did that come from? I thought your personality developed through your interaction with the world. And yet, it was pretty clear that we’re all born with a very unique, specific sense of who we are.”

“Soul” introduces Joe Gardner, a middle-school band teacher whose true passion is playing jazz. “I think Joe is having that crisis that all artists have,” says Powers. “He’s increasingly feeling like his lifelong dream of being a jazz musician is not going to pan out and he’s asking himself ‘Why am I here? What am I meant to be doing?’ Joe personifies those questions.”

In the film, just when Joe thinks his dream might be in reach, a single unexpected step sends him to a fantastical place where he’s is forced to think again about what it truly means to have soul. That’s where he meets and ultimately teams up with 22, a soul who doesn’t think life on Earth is all it’s cracked up to be. Jamie Foxx lends his voice to Joe, while Tina Fey voices 22. “The comedy comes naturally,” says Murray. “But the subtle emotion that reveals the truth to the characters is really something special.” 

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Soul is now direct to streaming in countries with Disney Plus but since we don't have it here, we will be getting it in cinemas maybe in 2021

Selected SM Cinemas (MCGQ areas) will show SOUL on Dec. 25

Image may contain 1 person dancing text that says FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU INSIDE OUT SouL Disney PIXAR VAT IN SELECTED CINEMAS DECEMBER 25 2020DisneyPixar

AGUSAN DEL NORTE
    SM Butuan
     AKLAN
    Citymall Boracay
     ALBAY
    SM Legazpi
     BATAAN
    Vista Mall Bataan Cinema
     BENGUET
    SM Baguio
     BULACAN
    SM Baliwag
    SM Marilao
    SM San Jose
    Vista Mall Malolos Cinema
     CAMARINES SUR
    SM Naga
    Vista Mall Naga Cinema
     CAVITE
    SM Bacoor
    SM Dasmarinas
    SM Molino
    SM Trece Martirez
    Vista Mall North Molino Cinema
    Vista Mall Tanza Cinema
    Vista Mall General Trias Cinema
    Vista Mall Dasmarinas Cinema
    Vista Mall Daang-hari Cinema
    Citymall Anabu
    Fora Tagaytay
     CEBU
    Citymall Consolacion Cebu
     ISABELA
    SM Cauayan
     LAGUNA
    SM Calamba
    SM San Pablo
    SM Sta Rosa
    Vista Mall Sta. Rosa
    Southwoods
     MAGUINDANAO
    Citymall Cotabato
     MISAMIS ORIENTAL
    SM CDO Downtown
    Citymall Bulua CDO
     NEGROS OCCIDENTAL
    SM Bacolod
    Citymall Mandalagan
    Citymall Victorias Negros Occidental
     NUEVA ECIJA
    SM Cabanatuan
    Citymall Sta Rosa Nueva Ecija
     PAMPANGA
    SM Clark
    SM Pampanga
    SM Telabastagan
    Vista Mall Pampanga Cinema
     PANGASINAN
    SM Rosales
     QUEZON PROVINCE
    SM Lucena
     RIZAL
    SM Angono
    SM Masinag
    SM San Mateo
    SM Taytay
    Sta. Lucia
     SOUTH COTABATO
    Citymall Koronadal
     TARLAC
    SM Tarlac
     ZAMBALES
    SM Olongapo Central
     ZAMBOANGA DEL NORTE
    Teatro De Dapitan
     ZAMBOANGA DEL SUR
    Mindpro Zamboanga
    KCC Zamboanga
  • TheSVTheSV PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited December 2020
    Kung bukas lang sana ang mga sinehan dito sa Metro Manila siguro doon ko na napanood to. Sobrang ganda. Pramis. Is it too much if I say that this deserves a Best Picture nomination? Kakaiba talaga ang Pixar. :smile:

Watched it a cinema! Ang ganda sa big screen, the last Hollywood movie I saw in a theater was Onward so Pixar pa rin talaga :lol: Anyway, as expected kunti lang nanonood which I guess makes it  safer. Di naman ako kinabahan sa sinehan but it's weird to watch with a face shield on :bop: 

This movie is so mature, mas pang adults eto than for kids but kids will definitely enjoy pa rin especially the cat :glee: The final act was so heartwarming and movie. Pixar at its finest!
  • TheSVTheSV PEx Rookie ⭐
    forg said:
    Watched it a cinema! Ang ganda sa big screen, the last Hollywood movie I saw in a theater was Onward so Pixar pa rin talaga :lol: Anyway, as expected kunti lang nanonood which I guess makes it  safer. Di naman ako kinabahan sa sinehan but it's weird to watch with a face shield on :bop: 

This movie is so mature, mas pang adults eto than for kids but kids will definitely enjoy pa rin especially the cat :glee: The final act was so heartwarming and movie. Pixar at its finest!
    Yikes, maaasar na lang ako if manonood pa ko sa sinehan with face shield on haha

And I agree, mas pang adults talaga to. Nice decision of Pixar if you ask me.
  • ihcahiehihcahieh PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Soul

♣♣♣♣♣/♣♣♣♣♣
    Those little souls are so adorable. You know Pixar is really on top of their game when they can craft such animated features that cater to both children and adults. The animation is cute and sure to catch a kid’s attention. The storyline, on the other hand, is philosophical in nature if you go deeper, tackling the issues of life and death as well as that perpetual quest for that one big purpose. Needless to say, this film will have you reflecting on your own life by the time the credits start rolling. And true enough to Pixar tradition, you get to choke up a little bit before the ending. Coco already did that to us once. Here we go again...
    Read More: http://www.ihcahieh.com/2020/12/soul.html

Original ending pala  nito

Joe was supposed to die but they changed it last minute. I honestly would like the original ending more mas may bigat na life's precious that you don't get a second chance but syempre under Disney banner pa rin naman sila so understandable naman to make it a happy ending.I initially thought 22  was going to be Joe's child that's why he was the only one who was able to help her find a reason to finally be ready to live and that's why they met there because he won't be able to do so on earth. But I guess medyo predictable ang ganun? And also unmarried si Joe so baka mareklamo pa din :lol:

• ihcahiehihcahieh PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I was actually expecting that kind of ending, kaya lang siguro kids pa rin ang main target audience nila so medyo mabigat kung yun ang ending. Dapat happy happy pa rin. Ok rin naman siya, it highlights the importance of second chances. Yun nga lang medyo wishful thinking kasi di naman lahat nabibigyan ng ganung chance so medyo hindi siya realistic for me. Andun pa rin naman yung main argument ng movie either way.
    ^ Agreed although this movie kasi mas mature ang atake nila, naging kiddie lang siya dun sa part na may pusa :lol: 

Anyway, may sequence pala dapat how the cat returned to his body kaso inalis nila kasi it was too silly! Sayang naman, would have love to see it :lol: