Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas

Probability of getting accepted in UST FMS 2020-2021

Hi :). I saw a discussion of a similar subject, and I wanted to know how my situation is in applying for the UST FMS.
The results still release in a few months, and the anxiety is already killing me hahaha. So I thought asking here would help shed light on my situation, and for others in the same situation as me.

Anyways, I'm a BS Biology graduate from Trinity University of Asia. I have a GWA of 1.50, but wasn't able to graduate with honors (short story: sumabit ako sa isa kong subject kaya na disqualify ako hahaha). I also have an NMAT of 98. I don't have much extracurricular activities, though, but I did attend a few leadership seminars, school volunteer work, and a medical mission in my province. 

Sounds like I'm low-key boasting, but I'm legit worried about this 😅. Mentally encouraging myself can only take me so far hahaha. I don't have any connections in UST, and I'm worried graduating with no honors puts me at a disadvantage.

Thanks for any responses :), it's much appreciated!
Tagged:

Comments

• same feels. my gwa is 1.71 and did not graduate with latin honors (lol 1.5 ***** laude samin),  non thomasian din with a 90 PR. Kaya sobrang slim ng chance ko sa UST FMS pero tiwala lang lol. But hey, you clearly have a better chance than me. Goodluck sayo!
  • Tiwala lang dude :D. Maybe we'll pass haha.
    At this point in March, it's just a tense waiting game lol.
  • Hey how was it? Did you passed? 
  • Yeah haha. How about you?
  • hi! i passed UST for this incoming SY and i'm a non-Thomasian graduate. I'm just wondering if you guys are still pushing through with the school? i'm having second thoughts because I know how toxic UST can be (based from what i've been hearing from my friends who went to UST med) but i think it's a really good environment for me to be able to hone my skills. 
  • Yeah haha. How about you?
    Hi! I also got in! And im pushing through with it! Congratulations and see you around!
  • hi! i passed UST for this incoming SY and i'm a non-Thomasian graduate. I'm just wondering if you guys are still pushing through with the school? i'm having second thoughts because I know how toxic UST can be (based from what i've been hearing from my friends who went to UST med) but i think it's a really good environment for me to be able to hone my skills. 
    Hi Loftybamboo66! Yes I'm pushing through with UST Med. It's a very rare opportunity to be chosen by a school where admissions are very stringent for Non-Thomasians. That aside, i always knew that med school would be hard, all med schools would be; it's just a matter of how you cope up to it. UST is great, i also weighed its pros and cons and im choosing it over u/e/r/m and a/s/m/p/h. I might be at Section D, hope to see you around.
  • Congrats AJCV! I'll be pushing through with UST as well, so will be seeing you around!

And to Loftybamboo66, yes I will be pushing through with UST. I do agree that medical school is stressful in general, but I've also heard from my friends that UST-FMS is more on the traditional side of things and it is a turn off for other people. Despite that, I'm still pushing through with UST over u/e and s/l/c/m (even though the results aren't out yet). The tuition fee is a bit cheaper from my other choices, and I'm sure that the training will be good. 
  • Did you guys get the email from OFAD?