GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

Angry at criticism, Philippines' Duterte dares vice president to take over law enforcement

ArnoldZArnoldZ Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited October 29 in Local and Foreign Issues

Angry at criticism, Philippines' Duterte dares vice president to take over law enforcement

ReutersOctober 28, 2019

MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte on Monday lashed out at Vice President Leni Robredo for criticizing his war on drugs, and offered to put her in charge of law enforcement.

The president has a frosty relationship with opposition leader Robredo, who was elected separately from Duterte, whose drugs crackdown has killed thousands, stirring global alarm, although polls show strong domestic support for the campaign.

"I will surrender my powers to enforce the law," Duterte said in remarks to newly-appointed government officials. "I will give it to the vice president for six months. I'll let her carry it out, let us see what will happen. I will not interfere."

It was not immediately clear if Duterte's offer was meant sarcastically, although he said he would send a letter to Robredo, a former human rights lawyer.

A spokesman for Duterte did not immediately respond to a request from Reuters asking about the legal basis for such a transfer of authority.

The comments follow Robredo's statements in an interview with Reuters, saying that too many people had been killed in the crackdown, which had not solved the drugs problem.

The comments have outraged Duterte, his aides and supporters. Robredo also urged access for the United Nations to investigate accusations of rights abuses over the crackdown, which Duterte's administration has rejected as lies.

Later, Duterte told reporters Robredo could start the job anytime, perhaps as soon as Monday night.

"If she wants, I can commission her to be the drug czar," Duterte said. "I'll give her a clean slate, so she will know how easy it is to control drugs."

Approached by Reuters for comment, Robredo's office said the vice president had no statement on the matter yet.

In an interview with news channel ANC on Monday, Robredo stood by her criticism of Duterte's policies.

"I can't just sit back and look the other way," she said. "If I see something wrong, I feel it's my obligation to verbalize what I see, no matter how few we are."

Philippine authorities reject activists' allegations that drug dealers and users are being executed and say the more than 7,000 people killed by police had all resisted arrest.

Police say they have no connection to the mysterious murders of thousands more drug users.

https://news.yahoo.com/angry-criticism-philippines-duterte-dares-111123785.html

If the President was not able to solve the drug problem, why would anyone expect  the VP to solve it in 6 months? And surely 5he police will undermine any efforts of the VP.?

If and when the VP takes the dare, then her first action should be to invite the United Nations to come over and do investigations of the more than7000 killings. That could weed out the guilty in the law enforcement  personnel.

Also, it is about time to change the election of President and Vice-President separately. They should be elected together, to avoid them from having different agendas.

Comments

• joerizjoeriz Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The Vice-President  should listen to Admiral Ackbar's warning: "It's a trap!"
  • buddywbuddyw Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited October 29

Robredo: Public execs must have ‘no space for ego, emotion, being onion-skinned’

MANILA, Philippines — “My belief is that we public officials, we have no space for our ego, no space for emotion, no space for being onion-skinned, because we might not be able to effectively fulfill our work.”

This was what all Vice President Leni Robredo could say amid fresh waves of criticisms and insults being hurled her way by President Rodrigo Duterte and his supporters.

In an ambush interview in Iloilo on Tuesday, Robredo, who has been vocal about her views on the Duterte administration’s programs, said she would rather deal with the country’s problems that need firm attention and solution than address issues that merely derail her focus.

Over the years, she said, she has learned to cope with Duterte’s rants.

“From the very start, I have been on the receiving end of various insults from the President. But for me, because of the immense amount of work to do, I need to learn how to focus on the important things,” she noted.

“I cannot be distracted from the work that I am doing, because I only have three years left in my term. There are so many important things that need our attention,” she added.

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday dared Robredo to take over his law enforcement functions as he again lashed at the Vice President for criticizing anew his war on drugs.

However, instead of engaging Duterte head-on, Robredo implied that her criticisms were a way of helping the government.

“Maybe a reminder not only for the President but for all of us public servants, we have a lot of problems, let us not use anger, making insults, because these would not help,” she said when asked if she has a message for the President.

“Why don’t we just help each other to find a way for everyone’s betterment?  Because if we do not accept criticism, if we do not accept others’ help, then we cannot find a way to work better,” she added.

Previously, Robredo also drew flak from Duterte over her comments that run counter with the President’s view about policemen receiving gifts.

Robredo was once designated by Duterte to lead the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council. But she eventually decided to leave her Cabinet post.

Among other Duterte administration policies that Robredo – an opposition leader – criticized were the government’s stance on the West Philippine Sea issue and the country’s preference of China over other allies.

• gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

yehey!! bibigyan na ng Cabinet Position ang Vice President!!!!

VP Leni for DILG Secretary

remember, the PNP and BuCor (Law Enforcement Agencies) are all under the DILG

Carpio: Duterte's 'transfer of powers' to Leni needs writing, extent of authority

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte’s supposed transfer of “power to enforce the law” to Vice President Leni Robredo would need a written order that would define the extent of authority to be given, said retired Supreme Court Justice Antonio Carpio.

In a fellowship night with reporters Tuesday, Carpio said the president, being the chief executive, has the authority to delegate certain powers.

He explained: “It is a principle in law that the president can delegate his powers because he cannot do all under the system of government. Executive power is vested in one person, the president.”

But the retired justice said that this has to be done in writing.

Because... there are responsibilities once you assume certain powers,” he added.

He also said that the extent of delegation of authority remains unknown including people or agencies that would be placed under Robredo.

“It’s [a] very broad proposal and it’s very difficult to define what kind of work the person to whom it is delegated will do,” Carpio added.

Duterte: ‘Mas bright ka? Ikaw, subukan mo’

Robredo earlier suggested that there should be a “tweaking” in the Duterte government’s controversial war on drugs.

A seemingly irate Duterte said in response that if Robredo is “brighter,” then he would let her handle it.

The president told reporters last Monday, October 28: “I am sending a letter to her through Executive Secretary [Salvador] Medialdea. I will surrender the power to enforce the law, I will give it to the vice president, I will let her have it for six months.”

The vice president, however, refused to comment on Duterte’s offer and said she would rather focus on more pressing matters in the country.

What the laws say

The 1987 Constitution provides that the president can transmit his powers to the vice president only through a written declaration addressed to the Senate president and House speaker.

Section 11. Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.

The vice president shall then serve as the acting president. 

• Desert_DolphinDesert_Dolphin PEx Rookie ⭐
    The government is a circus because people vote for clowns. How many times do we hear them say, "THE BEST ________ WE NEVER HAD"? Majority of people despise highly capable politicians.

Pang-small city mayor lang talaga si Duterte. He can't handle his poorly-performing subordinates.
  • knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin PExer

.                                          .

.                                                    .
  • alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pag ayaw nyang tanggapin, ibig sabihin di nya alam isolve.

kaya hindi failure.

kaya nga pag inofferan ka ng trabaho, ang tanong "can you do the job? are you prepared to do the job?"

lelz.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..
    edited October 31
    knorr said:

walang GOVERNMENT POSITION na ANTI-DRUG CZAR

meron PNP Anti-Narcotics Director

meron NBI Director

meron PDEA Director

meron DILG Secretary

pero ANO itong ANTI-DRUG CZAR

kailan na ba ng EMERGENCY POWERS para magkaroon ng ANTI-DRUG CZAR kasi kasing lala ng TRAPIK sa EDSA ang NARCOTICS problem ng BUONG BANSA

good job, DUDIRTY, good job

Carpio on Robredo leading 'drug war': Duterte could not solve it in 6 months either

MANILA, Philippines — Retired Supreme Court Associate Justice questioned President Rodrigo Duterte's supposed challenge to "transfer enforcement powers" in the government's "war on drugs" to Vice President Leni Robredo, an offer that the Palace insists is serious and sincere.

Carpio, in an interview with ANC’s “Headstart” Thursday, said: “It doesn’t compute when the president says: ‘OK, I’ll give you six months to do it.’ Because he cannot do it in six months himself.”

He also pointed out that Duterte, during his campaign, imposed on himself the six-month deadline to end drugs and criminality. A deadline that the president failed to meet despite it being one of the main points on his platform.

Carpio then quoted the president: “And after 6 months, he said: ‘I cannot do it in six months. I need one year. After a while, he said, I cannot do it within my term and even maybe after my term.”

Sen. Francis Pangilinan, a member of the Senate minority and president of the decimated Liberal Party, also noted that six month is too short for the “transfer of enforcement powers” to put an end to the illegal narcotics trade.

Three months into his presidency, Duterte asked for a six-month extension to put an end to the country’s drug problem.

In August 2017, Duterte admitted that he was wrong in assuming he can eradicate illegal drugs in three to six months. He said that he did not know that police and the Bureau of Customs, agencies he “thought were his allies” are involved in the narcotics trade.

Robredo earlier suggested that there should be a review of the Duterte government’s controversial "war on drugs" and that some aspects of it could be tweaked.

A seemingly irate Duterte said in response that if Robredo is “brighter,” then he would let her handle it.

The president told reporters last Monday, October 28: “I am sending a letter to her through Executive Secretary [Salvador] Medialdea. I will surrender the power to enforce the law, I will give it to the vice president, I will let her have it for six months.”

'Offer must be in writing'

Carpio earlier said the president, being the chief executive, has the authority to delegate certain powers, but it has to be in writing.

“Because... there are responsibilities once you assume certain powers,” he added.

Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo acknowledged Wednesday that there is nothing about the supposed offer in writing yet.

Carpio also said that the extent of delegation of authority remains unknown including people or agencies that would be placed under Robredo.

“It’s [a] very broad proposal and it’s very difficult to define what kind of work the person to whom it is delegated will do,” the retired justice added.

Panelo maintained that he already sent a text message to a number that he said was Robredo's asking the vice president, the second highest-ranking official in the Philippines, if she will accept the offer. 

Robredo has refused to comment on the offer, saying she does not think Duterte was serious when he said it.

She said she would rather focus on more pressing matters.

edited November 1

Trojan Horse ang Cabinet position DRUG CZar

it is designed to demolish the clean record of the Vice President

it has no mandate, unconstitutional and it has ZERO budget and adminsitrative structure.

kung ayaw ibigay ni DuDirty and DILG kay VP Leni .... kahit PDEA Directorship constitutionally pwede.
  • alter_nikalter_nik Member PEx Rookie ⭐

Recto: Robredo should be DSWD secretary first before taking anti-drug czar role

Published November 1, 2019 5:14pm
    Updated November 1, 2019 5:17pm

Senate President Pro-Tempore Ralph Recto said Friday Vice President Leni Robredo should be appointed first as Social Welfare secretary before she takes the anti-drug czar role.

Recto said that is if the offer of President Rodrigo Duterte is serious and not a sarcastic one.

"The Vice President could handle the DSWD’s portfolio better. She may consider accepting drug czar position if given DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development) portfolio at the same time. And that’s assuming offer is real and not sarcastic," he said in a text message 

"If I would take her in as the drug czar, I will have to first make her a Cabinet member. Then I will give her the marching orders and the specific functions. All in connection with drugs, kanya," he said Thursday evening.

"Pagka tinanggap ni Leni… If anything that has to do with drugs and criminality, you ask her. Siya ang ilagay ko. Tingnan natin. Hindi na ako makialam," Duterte said. "Sabihin mo sa kanya tanggapin niya. Sisikat siya diyan. Hindi ko nakayanan, baka kaya niya." 

In the early part of the Duterte administration, Robredo was appointed head of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC), which is part of the Cabinet.

However, the Vice President resigned from the HUDCC post in December 2016 after she was barred from attending Cabinet meetings through a text message from then- Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr.

Blaming the VP

Senator Francis Pangilinan, president of Liberal Party and partymate of Robredo, also does not see the offer as a serious one, saying it could only be a way to put the blame on the Vice President.

"Seryoso ba ang offer? O para lang mabago o malihis ang usapan sa totoong problema ng bansa? Kasi sa isang banda, sinabi nila na 'patay' ang tao kung iboboto nila si VP Leni. Patunay ito na hindi nila pinaniniwalaan ang kanyang kakayahan. Ngayon sinasabi nila, gagawin nilang anti-drug czar si VP. Bakit nila biglang gustong gawing anti-drug czar ang sinabi nilang hindi maaring pagkatiwalaan?" he said.

Pangilinan said it just means that the administration is engaging in double speak and should not be trusted. "Ano ba talaga ang totoo? Maliwanag na wala silang isang salita sa usaping ito at gagamitin lang na patibong dahil pruweba mismo ang olats nilang drug war pagkatapos ng tatlong taon, libo-libong patay na mahihirap na Pilipino, tone-toneladang na-smuggle na shabu, pinapakawalang drug lords at mga kasabwat sa gobyerno at hindi pinaparusahang mga 'ninja cops' na kaalyado ng administrasyon."

"Puwede bang pagkatiwalaan ang administrasyong walang isang salita? At hanggang walang malinaw na offer, mukhang lokohan lang ang nasabing mungkahi," he added.

Pangilinan said the problem with illegal drugs can be solved with arresting, filing of cases, and  jailing the big time drug lords, Customs officials who allowed the drugs to be enter the country, and ninja cops.

He further said the bigger problem of Filipinos is hunger and addressing it should be the focus of the government.

"Isa sa bawat limang Pilipino ang nakakaranas ng gutom. Ang mga magsasaka na siyang nagpapakain sa atin, kabilang sa mga nagugutom, lalo na nang bumaha ng murang bigas mula sa ibang bansa. May krisis din sa tubig, may mga nasalanta pa ng lindol sa Mindanao. Doon tayo tumutok, huwag sa mga palabas," Pangilinan said

• hsusonhsuson Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Boking si DU30 na he lied to the Pinoys.

Kaya pikon sya :D 
    hsuson said:
    Boking si DU30 na he lied to the Pinoys.

Kaya pikon sya :D 

sobrang DISTRACTED si DuDirty kay VP Leni at ....

hindi niya naramdam yun TRIPLE EARTHQUAKES sa BAHAY niya.

.                                          .
    knorr said:

:lol:

knorr said:
    knorr said:

Why not restore the residence of the Vice President 6o 6he Malacañang complex? The Vice President's office should be as close to the office of the President.7 
  • alter_nikalter_nik Member PEx Rookie ⭐

Robredo will fail if she leads the drug war – PDEA chief Aquino

'Wala siyang kaalaman sa ilegal na droga,' says Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Director General Aaron Aquino

Published 10:39 AM, November 04, 2019Updated 10:39 AM, November 04, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) chief Director General Aaron Aquino doubts that Vice President Leni Robredo could lead the government's anti-drug campaign, saying that she will surely fail if she accepts President Rodrigo Duterte's offer to be the country's drugs czar."If you ask me, she will fail," Aquino said on Monday, November 4, at CNN Philippines' The Source.Why this matters. As leader of PDEA and the longest-serving PDEA chief under the Duterte administration, Aquino is, by law, the chief implementer of the anti-drug campaign.Should Robredo take up the President's offer, she will work closely with Aquino, but it appears that as early as now, Aquino has no confidence in the Vice President's ability to oversee a massive law enforcement campaign.Why the mistrust? For Aquino, Robredo simply does not have enough experience, stressing that while he accumulated his knowledge of the drug trade for decades – serving before as a policeman – Aquino said, "Wala siyang kaalaman sa ilegal na droga (she does not know anything about illegal drugs)."Aquino added that President Duterte, meanwhile, knows the ins and outs of the illicit drugs system as he has served as prosecutor in Davao City for decades. 

• hsusonhsuson Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Failed na 100% si Aquino.  Had the nerve to hit on the VP

As leader of PDEA and the longest-serving PDEA chief under the Duterte administration, Aquino is, by law, the chief implementer of the anti-drug campaign.

And what has Aquino to show for? Experience? One day na pasipa-sipa repeated for as long as he w as in service!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file