Looking for Filipinos studying agriculture!
Hello guys, I need your help! This is CorneliusTullius here and I am running a preliminary survey in the Philippines: why are youth leaving agriculture. In 2013, a study indicated that the average age of farmers in the Philippines was 57! This does not bode well for food security in the future.
On this note, I would appreciate your help. If you are currently studying agriculture, please take this survey:
You can also leave answers below!
- Did you come from an agricultural background?
- What size was your family acreage? (If you know)
- What type of crops did your family grow?
- Why did you decide to study agriculture?
- What do you dislike about agriculture as a profession?
- What policies do you think can be implemented to attract more people to agriculture?
- What do your peers think of agricultural professions?
- Do you plan to enter agriculture when you leave? If so what (farming, agribusiness, agroprenuer)?
Your recommendations will help us develop a policy on how to retain youth in rural places and improve their quality of life! Salamat po!