COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Taking the UP LAE the second time

Hello! Since UP Law allows applicants who are currently enrolled in another law school, I'm planning to take the LAE the second time around. The reason being is I'm surprised I'm doing well in my school but I'm not finding the culture to be fit to my expectations and needs (environment wise, people wise) and most importantly, UP Law is really my dream school. I'm currently in first year and I think I'll pass all my subjects this semester and I'm about to start preparing for the LAE. I believe I didn't pass the first time around because I know I didn't do well at ALL in the logical reasoning and math part. I now know the areas I need to improve on. I should have prepared better.
So:
  • I wanted to get some insights hopefully from people who took the LAE the second time around and passed (or even the third time). Or if not you, then if you know of anyone who did. If you don't know at all, do you think it's still possible? Though I'm still willing to try.
  • Are my chances slimmer since I am coming from another law school? Or does UP in their screening process, alot specific slots for people coming from other schools?
I would see that before they have prejudice against applicants from other law schools. Additionally, ALS does not accept any student who has enrolled in another law school AT ALL even if they were not disqualified. Anyway, I hope someone answers my question because my school is really toxic and not fit to learn law at all. I think it's the batchmates, but anyway, UP Law is still on my mind. I get jealous to see my friends posting about UP Law. 
Tagged:

Comments

• RyuujiRyuuji Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Do backread the Malcolm Hall thread, you might find people who have posted there before who were in the same predicament as you are.
    If you don't know at all, do you think it's still possible? 
    Yes, one is allowed to take the LAE up to 3 times. I have blockmates who took it twice and thrice before getting admitted to UP Law.
    Are my chances slimmer since I am coming from another law school?
    No. Current law students are allowed to take the LAE. The LAE FAQs provide:

FOR APPLICANTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN ANOTHER LAW SCHOOL

• Certification of good standing

• The certification must include the fact that the applicant is not disqualified by any reason to re-enroll in the said school the next school year.
    • Official Transcript of Records (OTR)

———
    Or does UP in their screening process, alot specific slots for people coming from other schools?
    No, but admittedly, a big chunk of the student population is composed of UP Diliman and Ateneo de Manila graduates.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file