Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Anxious about meeting new people

I'm always nervous when I have to meet new people. It doesn't matter if they come to my house or when I get a new job. I'm scared about that and the nights before such an event are real-life nightmares for me. It was always like this, when I was a little kid, my parents hated me because of that. They were constantly repeating: "Why couldn't we have a child like any other".  All this just because I could socialize. So, is there any way to get over that. At least for the short term, until we say "bye".

Comments

• DemixlDemixl PEx Rookie ⭐
    I don't know man. Sometimes you just have to accept your fear and do what you're fearing. Once you do the first thing that you fear the most, you'll gain some confidence that will push you over the second one and further. There is a quote: "First do what scares you the most". This is the natural way of curing anxiety, which is done only by the most courageous people. 

• luminostrosluminostros PExer
    edited September 2019
    Avoiding people solves a lot of the problems
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    It is not our problem that you do not want to face your issues and it is fairly simple. 

I have issues bigger than your  childish drama.
  • Some people experience what is referred to as limited-symptom panic attacks, which are similar to full-blown panic attacks but consist of fewer than four symptoms. I have tried some natural methods to treat my anxiety, like Chinese - Japanese tea, herbs, and exercising, but nothing helped me. I was always against taking pills but my wife imposed me and I had tried Etizolam. It helped me somehow, although I don't know the side effects. For everything we get, we have to pay back with something else, right?

• Well said Bessmisla!
  • Hoovyendy said:
    I'm always nervous when I have to meet new people. It doesn't matter if they come to my house or when I get a new job. I'm scared about that and the nights before such an event are real-life nightmares for me. It was always like this, when I was a little kid, my parents hated me because of that. They were constantly repeating: "Why couldn't we have a child like any other".  All this just because I could socialize. So, is there any way to get over that. At least for the short term, until we say "bye".
    When meeting new people in a social gathering, try to know at least 5 things about each of them (e.g. name, where they came from, workplace or school).
  • woah chill aight?
  • You have to fight your fear

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file