COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

Shifting from technical writing to internal auditing

Hi. I am a technical writer who is heavily engaged in SOX audit activities. I find the audit-related tasks more fulfilling than my technical writer tasks. I would like to enroll to a school in Manila that offers internal auditing course but I'm not willing to let go of my job. I heard some schools like FEU and UE offer IA course but do you know if they have a program that allows students work on weekdays and study on weekends or do you know any university that offers such?

Comments

• DrStephenStrangeDrStephenStrange PEx Rookie ⭐
    Usually programs such as that are applied in graduate school - school on weekends. There are training courses on that subjects conducted by CIASP. IIAP offers masters in internal auditing, with join management with University of San Carlos - Cebu, but classes are held here in Manila
  • carlavardecarlavarde PExer
    edited September 5
    Good to know! Thanks! I recently contacted IIAP and they invited me to their office next week for orientation. Are you perhaps an auditor or accountant? Our company has open positions for internal auditor but i held back applying when they scheduled me for an exam. Though I am involved with SOX audit almost the entire year as an auditee, i don't have any idea what could be the scope of the exam for aspiring auditors. That's why I'm planning to learn more knowledge about its process first before getting back to the game.
  • DrStephenStrangeDrStephenStrange PEx Rookie ⭐
    Good to know! Thanks! I recently contacted IIAP and they invited me to their office next week for orientation. Are you perhaps an auditor or accountant? Our company has open positions for internal auditor but i held back applying when they scheduled me for an exam. Though I am involved with SOX audit almost the entire year as an auditee, i don't have any idea what could be the scope of the exam for aspiring auditors. That's why I'm planning to learn more knowledge about its process first before getting back to the game.
    Unfortunately, I'm not an IA but I have friends who are. Good luck Carla. :) 
  • Thank you so much! Appreciate your help and time :)
  • As the capacity of an internal auditor evolves more into a hazard the board and business warning role, Write My Essay For Me Cheap having the option to discuss successfully with a scope of business capacities will be a significant device for inner review to stay important later on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file