Home PEx News and Tech Technology Today

SMART Signature Postpaid

kiros0027kiros0027 PEx Rookie ⭐
edited August 2019 in Technology Today
Official PEx Thread for SMART Signature Postpaid users.
Tagged:

Comments

• kiros0027kiros0027 PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited August 2019

What is Smart Signature?

The Smart Signature postpaid! It is A NEW MOBILE EXPERIENCE THAT PRIORITIZES YOU!

• Prioritized 4G LTE Network. Enjoy the highest data priority on Smart’s fastest 4G LTE network that prioritizes you.
    • Worry-Free AnyNet Calls and Texts. Enjoy generous calls and texts to any network in the country.
    • In Control. Receive real-time billing and usage alerts.
    • Digital. Manage everything on your myPLDT Smart App.

What makes Smart Signature better than the other Smart Postpaid Plans?

• Prioritized Service. Enjoy network priority on Philippines’ fastest 4G LTE data network.
    • Real-Time Balance Inquiry. Be in control of your Signature plan by managing & monitoring your account on the myPLDT Smart app.
    • Digital Billing Statement. Live worry-free by viewing and checking your bills online sent to your verified email address.

Where can I sign up for the NEW Signature Plans?

• If you are a NEW subscriber, you may visit the nearest Smart Store and sign up.
    • If you are a re-contracting subscriber, you may visit the nearest Smart Store.

To sign up for Smart Signature plan, you will need one of the following IDs:

• SSS (Digitized)
    • Passport (with signature)
    • Driver's License
    • Company ID
    • Exclusive Club Membership ID
    • Unified Multipurpose -ID
    • Postal ID (Digitized)
    • IBP ID
    • Firearms License
    • PRC ID

How long is the commitment for Signature Plans?

Signature Plans have a commitment period of 6 months.
    Signature Device Plans have a commitment period of 24 months.

Boosters as of 08/08/2019

Smart launches VoLTE in Metro Manila

by Smart Communications | Aug 07, 2019

More customers of PLDT wireless unit Smart Communications Inc. (Smart) will soon be able to enjoy a richer call experience using Voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) calls as Smart rolls out the service commercially.

VoLTE is the first, fully IP based carrier grade voice service and uses LTE/4G to transmit voice calls, unlike the current practice where calls go through 2G or 3G mobile networks.

After activating VoLTE across its LTE sites in Metro Manila, Smart is making the latest technology in voice calls initially available to selected Smart subscribers. The service will soon be available to Smart Signature plan holders as well.

VoLTE’s main benefit is the high-definition voice call quality. Calls made over VoLTE are superior in quality compared to calls made over 3G and 2G, and VoLTE-to-VoLTE calls are crystal-clear, with almost no background noise.

VoLTE also enables faster call setup, which means the amount of time it takes for a mobile phone to connect to another for a voice call is also drastically reduced.

All these benefits will be available when calling other VoLTE users, or Voice over Wifi (VoWifi) users

As they no longer have to shift to 3G or 2G networks, VoLTE users also stay online on the fastest 4G/LTE network with their data applications even when making or receiving a call. This means that a user can simultaneously be in a voice call, while actively using high-speed data for other applications.

To enjoy VoLTE’s richer call experience, customers need VoLTE-capable devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S8 and higher, Huawei Mate 20 and P20. VoLTE support will be available to more handsets soon. Using these handsets, customers can make VoLTE calls using their phone’s native dialer, and will not require a separate, over-the-top (OTT) application.

Compared to OTT apps, VoLTE delivers better voice quality, and also guarantees that the receiver of the call is reached, unlike OTTs that require both caller and receiver to be online and on the same app.

“PLDT-Smart is always at the innovation forefront to bring the latest technologies available to our subscribers for the best customer experience,” said Mario G. Tamayo, PLDT-Smart senior vice president for Network Planning and Engineering.

“We don’t just provide voice communication, we want to provide an enriching voice call experience when our subscribers talk with their family, friends, and when making business calls,” Tamayo added. “Through services such as VoLTE, we are also able to maximize our available network resources, particularly for LTE.”

Wifi Calling

Last year, Smart also activated VoWifi services or Wifi Calling, which lets customers make and receive calls and text messages over a Wifi connection using their smartphone’s native dialer, without having to install a third-party app.

Apart from improved calling and messaging experience, Wifi Calling also offers extended network coverage, as customers can make and receive voice calls, as well as video calls, wherever there is Wifi connection.

“These pioneering initiatives are key parts of PLDT-Smart's integrated efforts to continuously improve and evolve our voice services,” said Tamayo. “We will continue to strengthen and revolutionize our network so that we can deliver relevant services such as Wifi Calling and VoLTE, as well as voice/video over 5G in the near future.”

These services are enabled by parent company PLDT’s extensive fiber network which now spans more than 260,000 kilometers. This fiber infrastructure also supports Smart’s wireless network by providing high-capacity links to cellular base stations.

PLDT has committed historic levels of resources for network transformation. This year, capital expenditures are at P78.4 billion.

Feel free to post, mga ka-SMART!
  • Pwede pa ba mag register ng GigaSurf dito?
    oawties said:
    Pwede pa ba mag register ng GigaSurf dito?
    GigaSurf ay di pwede sa Signature. Pwede sa kanya ay Data Boosters na mareregister using the My Smart app. Nagtry ako magregister sa GigaSurf, ayaw nya. See screenshot, duling message.

• Kamusta mga ka signature plans jan sa Metro Manila, na experience nyo na ba na enable yung VoLTE at VoWIFI sa devices ninyo? 
  • IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    May offer silang double data if magupgrade ako dito until 12/31.

Currently, naka freedom plan lang ako. Hindi ko lang maconsider ang Signature kasi ang mahal nung 999/mo. :money:
    DCWebAP said:
    Kamusta mga ka signature plans jan sa Metro Manila, na experience nyo na ba na enable yung VoLTE at VoWIFI sa devices ninyo? 
    Pwede i-ON nag VoLTE, well at least sa iPhone 11 Pro Max. Kaso ang alam ko dapat naka VoLTE din kausap mo. Never ko pa natry dahil dito.

Currently, naka freedom plan lang ako. Hindi ko lang maconsider ang Signature kasi ang mahal nung 999/mo. :money:
    Sa tingin ko worth it sya kung malakas ka sa data tapos naka SIM-only ka lang sa SMART para 6-months contract lang...
    kiros0027 said:

Sa tingin ko worth it sya kung malakas ka sa data tapos naka SIM-only ka lang sa SMART para 6-months contract lang...
    Thanks. Ang magiging challenge lang ay hindi ko na pwedeng idowngrade ang plan ko. 1K per mo is too steep for me. :(

Hintay2x lang ako ng better offers siguro ngayon.
    kiros0027 said:

Thanks. Ang magiging challenge lang ay hindi ko na pwedeng idowngrade ang plan ko. 1K per mo is too steep for me. :(

Hintay2x lang ako ng better offers siguro ngayon.
    May sinabi sila na di na pwede? Yung akin naman, from regular plan nagawa ko syang Freedom Plan dati, and then nung nagustuhan ko iPhone 8 Plus dati bumalik ako sa regular plan.

Pwede sya i-downgrade. Against yun sa rights ng consumer na di pwede i-downgrade yung Signature Plan, let’s say to GigaX Plan kahit tapos na plan.
  • is0yis0y PEx Rookie ⭐
    I'm considering switching from Globe postpaid to Smart sig plan S.
    smart seems to have better 4g connection than globe. Pero one drawback for me is that most of my contacts are using globe.
  • engrbitot95engrbitot95 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Ano po ang prefix kapag smart signature postpaid? 0918 ba?
  • is0yis0y PEx Rookie ⭐
    a friend of mine is a smart sig S sim only subscriber. prefix nya 0908*
    is0y said:
    I'm considering switching from Globe postpaid to Smart sig plan S.
    smart seems to have better 4g connection than globe. Pero one drawback for me is that most of my contacts are using globe.
    Do you need to call them regularly? Halos lahat na ata ngayon VOIP or di kaya through social media nag uusap. May unli SMS to all networks din.
    Ang dami na siguro. Dati nasa 0918 and 0919 lang sila. Why do you ask?
    edited June 2020
    Kay Globe kasi till now 0917 ang prefix kahit new postpaid plans. Pinapatanong ng isang kaibigan na balak kumuha, mahilig kasi sya sa classic prefixes(0917,0918,0919)
    Kay Globe kasi till now 0917 ang prefix kahit new postpaid plans. Pinapatanong ng isang kaibigan na balak kumuha, mahilig kasi sya sa classic prefixes(0917,0918,0919)
    I see. I think pwede naman sigurong pakiusapan ang nag aassist sa kanya if merong available na ganyang prefix. Ganyan ang ginawa ko dati when I got my plan back in 2014, Smart din.
    Does anyone know how much yung pre termination fee for signature plan S?