COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

The bible "God" thinks like a man

logitextlogitext PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
In here we will examine how the bible's "God" thinks like a man.

Here is the first one

(1) Human beings are social animals, and this is why we desired praise. Praise cures our insecurities by reinforcing our beliefs that our neighbor will be there for us in our time of need. God desires praise therefore he is a social animal just like humans. He thinks like a man.

(2) Some people when someone offends them, they just want to kill them. Sometimes they just want to kill them all. The bible God is no different:

1 Samuel 15 

15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord.2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

God was offended and reacted by ordering the complete genocide of an entire nation. Very human. He thinks like a man.

Comments

• logitextlogitext PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    edited July 29
    More on #1. About social nature.

Love
    Praise
    Adoration
    Worship

These are all the products of social nature.
    Love enforces parents into ensuring the survival of their few weak offsprings.
    Love encourages people to cooperate for better survival.
    Adoration and worship are desired, they suggest support in times of need.
    Praise feeds our ego, serves as confirmation that we are not displaying weaknesses.

In short these are all the qualities and desires of a weak and vulnerable organism who are dependent on others to survive.

Why would a 'God' need these if he is all powerful and not dependent on others? Unless God is but the product of people who had no idea what love, praise and worship was for.
    edited July 29
    (3) Jealousy.

Another product of man's social nature. However there is nothing like Jealousy which reveals emotional weaknesses and incompetence. Jealousy kicks in the moment you become aware of your shortcomings to your social support system and thus you begin to imagine them giving their support to others instead of you.

The bible God is a jealous god. He thinks like a man.

A true powerful, competent and independent being would not give a ***** to who or what people give their likes to.

edited July 29
    (4) Impulsiveness, or acting without forethought.

Uzzah was the son of Abinadab, in whose house the men of Kirjath-jearim placed the Ark when it was brought back from the land of the Philistines.[1] With his brother Ahio, he drove the cart on which the ark was placed when David sought to bring it up to Jerusalem. When the oxen stumbled, Uzzah steadied the ark with his hand, in direct violation of the divine law,[2] and he was immediately killed for his error. David, displeased because Yahweh had killed Uzzah,[3] called the place where this occurred Perez-uzzah, which means "to burst out against Uzzah".[4] David was afraid to bring the ark any further, and placed it in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite[5] for three months. The Lord then blessed Obed-edom and David went and brought up the ark of God into the city of David.[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzzah

Uzzah impulsively caught the Ark before it falls off the cart. And Jehovah impulsively zapped Uzzah dead. Even David thought Jehovah should have given some thought to it before acting. Come on Uzzah just saved the Ark!

God thinks like a man, or rather God shows lack of thought like a man. :lol:
  • KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I DISAGREE! :D

1 Corinthians 1:25
    For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.

From the New Living Translation:
    New Living Translation
    This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

You used some bible verses which you do not know/understand the background of! :lol: So those are your opinions :D

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.

New Living Translation
    This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

You used some bible verses which you do not know/understand the background of! :lol: So those are your opinions :D

What other background do you have in mind, since the background was already mentioned in there that "I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt" 

The bible god thinks like a man, a madman to be exact. ;)
    Ah, yung nampa-punish madman ba? :lol:  So mabait ka dahil hindi ka nampa-punish halimbawa ng mga anak mong matigas ang ulo? Baka naman nampa-punish ka, kinukuha mo cell phone nila :D hindi ka ba hypocrisy ang magbitaw ng ganitong statement kung ginagawa mo naman? 
    Ah, yung nampa-punish madman ba? :lol:  So mabait ka dahil hindi ka nampa-punish halimbawa ng mga anak mong matigas ang ulo? Baka naman nampa-punish ka, kinukuha mo cell phone nila :D hindi ka ba hypocrisy ang magbitaw ng ganitong statement kung ginagawa mo naman? 

The madman is the one who commits genocide just because a few people from that group had offending him.
  • alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited July 29
    logitext said:

New Living Translation

What other background do you have in mind, since the background was already mentioned in there that "I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt" 

The bible god thinks like a man, a madman to be exact. ;)
    analisahin mong mabuti. hindi sinabing Egyptians ang may kasalanan kundi Amelekites. marunong syang gumamit ng Libra

pag hindi just ang Diyos, Pwede nyang sabihin, "i will punish the Egyptians, etc etc." or "i will punish these amelakites and the rest of the egyptians and the israel coz all they do is fight and show them who is the boss."

kasi ano ba? dapat marunong daw tayong mag sift ng harina.

Ano sabi ng Panginoong Hesus kay San Pedro?

"Satan is sifting you like a flour"

at bakit si San Pedro ang unang Papa ng Katolisismo?

At bakit sinabi ng Panginoon na, "Satan is sifting you like flour?"

so binilinan na si San Pedro una una pa lang.

kasi lalabas sa history ng Catholic Church may mga dapat i sift.

Alam naman natin di ba kung ano ang sinulat ng mga historyador?

So sino ngayon si "Satan"?

Sino ang pumasok sa impyerno bago ipako sa krus at lumabas tungo sa lupa at langit at babalik sa lupa?

----

so bakit ba tayo nabuhay? alamin ang tama at mali.

pag palya ka na puro mali ka at di sumusunod sa magulang, pwede kang itakwil ng magulang. at ano naman sa Simbahan, pwede kang iexcommunicate.

so madman ba ang Diyos Ama?

-------

punta ka sa psychiatric asylum at makipagusap ka sa mga madmen. sa 'tate may bandang tumugtog pa nga sa asylum para ientertain sila.

------------

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..t;.V.. ..I..
    edited July 29
    logitext said:

The madman is the one who commits genocide just because a few people from that group had offending him.
    yeh. sinabi ng Panginoong Diyos na paparusahan nya lang daw ang Amelekites, hindi ang Buong Ehipto.

so sino ang madman ngayon?

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..
  • AgapitoAgapito Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    logitext said:

God was offended and reacted by ordering the complete genocide of an entire nation. Very human. He thinks like a man.

Well, Believers could quote the Scripture saying ".... Let us make man in our image, and our likeness".

The problem with Bible writings, is that whatever the original words were, they often get translated to various semantics that give an opening for logic plays and imaginative interpretation.

In this case, the word "image" could have meant either literal or metaphorical. Perhaps it meant that God and man could look visually the same (i.e. they both have a head, eyes, mouth, hands, feet, etc.). Or perhaps it meant that certain aspects of God, are shared with humans. What are these aspects? Maybe having emotion and the ability to reason, etc.

The word "likeness", can be taken as an affirmation of the previous basis that God and man, share similar aspects. So you could rephrase what God said as 'Let us create man like us '. And what do you mean 'like us'? "Well, you know, man can get angry, jealous, or egocentric; just like us! "

So in a way, instead of saying God thinks or reacts like a man, you can then say that Man thinks and reacts like God- in certain ways.

One complication with this, is that certain high-order animals also exhibit these "God-like" traits you mentioned, like jealousy for example. Dogs and monkeys do get jealous, according to scientists:
    https://www.livescience.com/61308-do-animals-get-jealous.html
    https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12913-envious-monkeys-can-spot-a-fair-deal/

It may contradict that God SPECIFICALLY created man, to be assigned such a God-likeness, like jealousy, when we can see that even animals possess the ability to get jealous as well.

If we look at this further, certain emotional traits only start to develop when animals acquire a more complex intelligence (so an evolutionary process gets involved).

You don't see grasshoppers getting jealous with other grasshoppers.
    But crows (which are very intelligent birds) do take revenge on specifically chosen targets: https://www.livescience.com/23090-crows-grudges-brains.html

So there is a divergence on how exactly EMOTIONS came about in this planet, based on Science. Compared to how EMOTIONS were acquired by Man, according to Bible Stories authored by Man.
  • hsusonhsuson Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Man put Human-like traits in the biblical God.  Period.
    edited July 30
    Agapito said:
    logitext said:

Well, Believers could quote the Scripture saying ".... Let us make man in our image, and our likeness".

They could try. But then they would still need to explain why their so called "God" has a social nature all the weaknesses associated with it. 

Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God made Jesus, a man, who is the only Mediator between Man and God (1 Timothy 2:5)

Hebrews 2:10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12

“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;

in the assembly I will sing your praises.” 

13 And again,

“I will put my trust in him.” 

And again he says,

“Here am I, and the children God has given me.” 

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

God gave Jesus to humanity because Jesus, being a true man, will be more fitting as a Savior since He is humane. If God thought like a man, there would be no need for our Lord Jesus Christ to exist.

Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

# (5) Changing minds.

Exodus 32:14
    So the LORD changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people.

Amos 7:3
    The LORD changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.

Jeremiah 26:13
    "Now therefore amend your ways and your deeds and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will change His mind about the misfortune which He has pronounced against you.

So the bible "God" changes his mind. He thinks like a man.

# (6) Lying

Numbers 23:19 proclaims that God does not change his mind. Yet it has been proven that he does. 
    God is a liar, just like humans. He thinks like a man.

*Special thanks to Kidlat Ngayon for these 2 new items. :)

logitext said:

They could try. But then they would still need to explain why their so called "God" has a social nature all the weaknesses associated with it. 

Because you are referring to the Bible God, then it is imperative to identify first which AUTHOR of the Bible you are taking to task to explain.

There are 2 camps of Bible Authors who wrote about the Bible God:

1)  Bible Authors who were INSPIRED by the Holy Spirit

or

2)  Bible Authors who DESIGNED the narratives in order to impart messages to a target audience

For the "inspired" Bible authors camp, i don't think they can explain why a perfect God could get angry or jealous. After all, they were just God's private secretaries. God would have told a Prophet: "This is God speaking! I am angry at these stubborn savages! I will kill their families, including all first-born children! All of them i will kill! Write that down! "

For the Bible Author "designers" camp, the explanation to God's social nature would be easy. They have to paint God as having emotions that people can relate to. There should be a connection, to give the notion of having a "personal relationship" with your Deity who supposedly controls your life.

----------------------

In one analysis i have read on other websites, how the Bible was written points to it being "designed" by authors, rather than being "inspired" by some interaction with a supernatural phenomena.

For example: Elijah being swept into Heaven in a chariot. Apparently, the author was only aware of the chariot as the only mode of transportation typical of his time.

Even Jesus "ascension" to Heaven was a "designed" theme of the author referring to Heaven as someplace "up there". We know now, that "up there" is nothing but empty space that could reach light years far. Otherwise, today's authors would have it that Jesus simply dissolved in thin air when going to Heaven, rather than ascending to outer space (which would appear ridiculous). 
    logitext:

So the LORD changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people.

This is the New Living Translation version which uses the phrase "the Lord changed His mind" but if you will read other translations, the phrase is "the LORD relented", "the Lord was prevailed", or "the Lord was appeased" which are better phrases to translate these verses in English so there will be no contradiction with other verses.

If you will read verses from 30-35 from the same NLT bible version, the Lord still prevailed:

30 The next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a terrible sin, but I will go back up to the LORD on the mountain. Perhaps I will be able to obtain forgiveness for your sin.”

31 So Moses returned to the LORD and said, “Oh, what a terrible sin these people have committed. They have made gods of gold for themselves. 32 But now, if you will only forgive their sin—but if not, erase my name from the record you have written!”

33 But the LORD replied to Moses, “No, I will erase the name of everyone who has sinned against me. 34 Now go, lead the people to the place I told you about. Look! My angel will lead the way before you. And when I come to call the people to account, I will certainly hold them responsible for their sins.”

35 Then the LORD sent a great plague upon the people because they had worshiped the calf Aaron had made.

https://biblehub.com/nlt/exodus/32.htm

He let Moses appease Him and Moses, realizing after the Lord was right to be angry after all, obeyed God and placed upon God's hands the fate of the sinning Israelites. God just WITHHELD His anger and decision BUT DID NOT CHANGE HIS MIND. :D

logitext:

In Amos, it's the same, the phrase "changed His mind" is written as "the Lord relented" in other bible versions. It's the better phrase because, bottomline, the Lord did punish the wicked people but heard the mediation of the prophet:

Amos 7:4 This is what the Lord GOD showed me: The Lord GOD was calling for judgment by fire. It consumed the great deep and devoured the land. 5 Then I said, “Lord GOD, please stop! How will Jacob survive, since he is so small?”

6 So the LORD relented from this plan. “It will not happen either,” said the Lord GOD.

7 This is what He showed me: Behold, the Lord was standing by a wall true to plumb, with a plumb line in His hand. 8 “Amos, what do you see?” asked the LORD.

“A plumb line,” I replied.

“Behold,” said the Lord, “I am setting a plumb line among My people Israel; I will no longer spare them:

9 The high places of Isaac will be deserted,

and the sanctuaries of Israel will be laid waste;

and I will rise up against the house of Jeroboam

with My sword.”

"Now therefore amend your ways and your deeds and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will change His mind about the misfortune which He has pronounced against you.

New International Version
    Now reform your ways and your actions and obey the LORD your God. Then the LORD will relent and not bring the disaster he has pronounced against you.

In this verse, Jeremiah was just giving God's WARNING to the people, so it is not to be misconstrued as changing His mind.

# (6) Lying

Numbers 23:19 proclaims that God does not change his mind. Yet it has been proven that he does. 

You did not prove it because God just showed the prophets that He hears them and He is slow to anger:

Psalm 145:8
    The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.

edited July 30
    logitext said:

# (5) Changing minds.

# (6) Lying

*Special thanks to Kidlat Ngayon for these 2 new items. :)

Pareho ba ang Lord sa God?

bakit sa Latin, Dominus ang Lord at Deus ay God?

character length pa lang, di na pareho.

tapos pag parallel comparison pa, di magkapareho talaga..

kulang ka pa sa mastery ng Dictionary, b. o. i.

at ano ang diperensya ng "lying" sa "doing what you say"?

pag sinabi mo, "iinom ako ng coke" at nagbago nga ang desisyon mo na uminom na lang ng pepsi, nagsinungaling ka ba?

nakaisip ka ng gagawin, nagbago ang desisyon at ginawa mo yung bago mong desisyon, kasinungalingan ba yun?

alam mo ba ang "upgrading", "amending" etc?

so paano mo pa mapapatunayan na di nga nagbabago ang desisyon mo?

nakaisip ka ng gagawin, gusto mong uminom ng coke pero mastrip mo ngayong araw ang pepsi..

so uminom ka ng pepsi.

mula unang titik tungo sa tuldok, ginawa mo lahat.

so paano yan? may loophole ba ang Panginoong Diyos?

kasi lahat nun ay ginawa nya freely. Ang "pagbabago ng desisyon" ay freely nyang ginagawa.

so nagbabago ba yung MGA gusto nyang gawin?

kung gusto nyang gawin ang unang desisyon at ginawa nya, ganun pa rin

kung gusto nyang gawin ang ikalawang desisyon at naisipan nyang may gagagwin sya sa unang desisyon, ganun pa rin.

ano ba ang kasinungalingan?

deny ka kahit nakita na ng ULTIMATE cctv na ginawa mo talaga.

pag ULTIMATE cctv, alam mo na siguro kung sinu-sino mga yun.

yeah?

aral pa.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..
    God Thinks Like A Man, because God Created Man in His Likeness

(A Continuation)

If we are to assume that the Bible is a narrative of actual events, and not just a collection of fictitious metaphorical symbolism, we could see that God was already capable of exhibiting human-like emotions, even before Adam & Eve were created.

In Genesis, a Serpent (a.k.a. Satan/Lucifer) deceived Eve into eating the Forbidden Fruit, and this made God very angry. It appears this was the first time God exhibited an emotion of ANGER in the history of the Earth. But was this really God's first time to be ANGRY?

Apparently not.

In the Garden of Eden, Satan was already a fallen angel kicked out from Heaven, that's why he was stalking the naked Eve.

Why was Satan thrown out by God? We know the story since kindergarten. Satan was supposed to be the most beautiful and near-perfect non-human creation that God ever made. But Satan rebelled from God, because of PRIDE.

So here, we see a supernatural being (that's Satan) who was capable of PRIDE. Therefore, PRIDE already existed even before humans came along.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of emotion God exhibited, when He felt intimidated by Satan who wants to usurp God himself.

It appears EMOTIONS WERE RUNNING HIGH while God was confronting Satan, ending with Satan's Fall from Heaven.

So God, and all the other supernatural beings, were already expressing EMOTIONS long before the first humans got created on Earth.

Therefore, if God created Man out of its LIKENESS, it would appear that human beings INHERITED these emotional traits from God.

God thinks like a Man, because God designed Man to be a copy of himself. 
    Agapito:
    I'm not exactly sure what kind of emotion God exhibited, when He felt intimidated by Satan who wants to usurp God himself.
    It appears EMOTIONS WERE RUNNING HIGH while God was confronting Satan, ending with Satan's Fall from Heaven.
    So God, and all the other supernatural beings, were already expressing EMOTIONS long before the first humans got created on Earth.
    Therefore, if God created Man out of its LIKENESS, it would appear that human beings INHERITED these emotional traits from God.
    OPINIONS! :lol:     

God made man upright but because man has free will, he looked for a downward path:

Ecclesiastes 7:29

This only have I found: God created mankind upright, but they have gone in search of many schemes."

New Living Translation
    But I did find this: God created people to be virtuous, but they have each turned to follow their own downward path.”

With regards to Satan, it is the same free will that God gave the angels:

GOD DID NOT create evil. He did not create the devil. What He created was a guardian cherub included among His holy angels:

“You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.” (Ezek. 28:14-15, NIV)

The “anointed cherub” was created as blameless and perfect, until wickedness was found in him. Seeing his perfection, the “anointed cherub” turned against God and aspired to be like the Most High. The Almighty, seeing the arrogance and pride of the cherub, cast him down to earth:

“ How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart,’I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High’.” (Is 14:12-14, NIV)

The once “anointed cherub” was cast down to earth and became “Satan” – God’s adversary:

“So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” (Revelation 12:9 NKJV)

Thus, what was once the “anointed guardian cherub” – a perfect creation – is now the devil or Satan. The Bible also refers to Satan as the “great dragon” or “serpent” who deceives the whole world (cf. Rev. 12:9). He is the father of lies who “walks about like a roaring lion” seeking for victims to devour (cf. Jn.8:44; I Pt. 5:8-9).

Therefore, God did not create Satan.  Rather,  it was the cherub that consequently became Satan after going against the Almighty God. 

It is also God's intent to make His children HOLY. This is the "likeness" from God that man was created, not emotions, not character traits as what you are guessing. :D

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4 For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love

Hebrews 10:9 Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.
    logitext:

This is the New Living Translation version which uses the phrase "the Lord changed His mind" but if you will read other translations, the phrase is "the LORD relented", "the Lord was prevailed", or "the Lord was appeased" which are better phrases to translate these verses in English so there will be no contradiction with other verses.

If you will read verses from 30-35 from the same NLT bible version, the Lord still prevailed:

30 The next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a terrible sin, but I will go back up to the LORD on the mountain. Perhaps I will be able to obtain forgiveness for your sin.”

31 So Moses returned to the LORD and said, “Oh, what a terrible sin these people have committed. They have made gods of gold for themselves. 32 But now, if you will only forgive their sin—but if not, erase my name from the record you have written!”

33 But the LORD replied to Moses, “No, I will erase the name of everyone who has sinned against me. 34 Now go, lead the people to the place I told you about. Look! My angel will lead the way before you. And when I come to call the people to account, I will certainly hold them responsible for their sins.”

35 Then the LORD sent a great plague upon the people because they had worshiped the calf Aaron had made.

https://biblehub.com/nlt/exodus/32.htm

He let Moses appease Him and Moses, realizing after the Lord was right to be angry after all, obeyed God and placed upon God's hands the fate of the sinning Israelites. God just WITHHELD His anger and decision BUT DID NOT CHANGE HIS MIND. :D

logitext:

In Amos, it's the same, the phrase "changed His mind" is written as "the Lord relented" in other bible versions. It's the better phrase because, bottomline, the Lord did punish the wicked people but heard the mediation of the prophet:

Amos 7:4 This is what the Lord GOD showed me: The Lord GOD was calling for judgment by fire. It consumed the great deep and devoured the land. 5 Then I said, “Lord GOD, please stop! How will Jacob survive, since he is so small?”

6 So the LORD relented from this plan. “It will not happen either,” said the Lord GOD.

7 This is what He showed me: Behold, the Lord was standing by a wall true to plumb, with a plumb line in His hand. 8 “Amos, what do you see?” asked the LORD.

“A plumb line,” I replied.

“Behold,” said the Lord, “I am setting a plumb line among My people Israel; I will no longer spare them:

9 The high places of Isaac will be deserted,

and the sanctuaries of Israel will be laid waste;

and I will rise up against the house of Jeroboam

with My sword.”

Now reform your ways and your actions and obey the LORD your God. Then the LORD will relent and not bring the disaster he has pronounced against you.

In this verse, Jeremiah was just giving God's WARNING to the people, so it is not to be misconstrued as changing His mind.

# (6) Lying

You did not prove it because God just showed the prophets that He hears them and He is slow to anger:

Psalm 145:8
    The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.

Exodus 32:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Exodus 32:14 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

14 And the Lord was appeased from doing the evil which he had spoken against his people.

Those are the two top bibles among catholics and protestants. They both say the same thing, that your so called "God" reconsidered from doing what he planned to do. Thats the same as changing your mind.

Sorry but the bible lied to you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file