Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Do you like reading comics kahit inferior literature compared to books?

jeganrrjeganrr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I don't read comics,pero diba  maraming mga Pinoy mahilig sa comics kaya popular ang mga movies like Avengers which is based on comics  sa mga Pilipino and other countries?

Comments

• nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the only comics i read were comic strips,in news papers.

compared to? in terms of what ba, literature appreciation?

id admit I didnt/dont read shakespeare, hugo and other classical writings.

the closest i got to was allan poe's in h.s. because his were short stories, and the iliad/ odyssey in elem.

as well as the Filipino novels, ibong adarna, Florante and laura, noli and el Fili, being mandatory readings in filipino. :lol:  and those selected stories in Gems. our literature textbooks.

i dont think reading comics is comparable/ at par, even with contemporary novels/ stories like Dan Browns, Sidney Sheldon, GG Martin, even JK Rowling's Harry Potter.

iba pa rin.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nobody is claiming Graphic Novels are the HIGHEST form of Literature.

it is a hybrid similar to a Movie Storyboard with a HOTTER Art Form.

Image result for naked rogue marvel comics post

wow look at those long legs ... something you wont find with Peenays
  • alchemistofophiralchemistofophir PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    it takes a stroke of a pen to create a female with the ideal body that represents the current sexiness standards while in real life, it takes presentable genes, gym, diet, self love that is almost vain to do the same.

while the prior is way easier than the latter, the latter's advantage is that they got the extra dimensions..

B)B)B)
    .V.. ..I..
    well, thats what he's asking, to me i dont even consider it inferior, its just two different things.

which is why i asked in terms of what? since HE already called it inferior.

is it like watching the movie version of Lion King and its theatrical production?

kung in terms of artistic value and sosyal meter :lol: , syempre iba pa rin ang stage play.

i think anyone can watch and appreciate movies. 
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nikkilove said:
    well, thats what he's asking, to me i dont even consider it inferior, its just two different things.

which is why i asked in terms of what? since HE already called it inferior.

is it like watching the movie version of Lion King and its theatrical production?

kung in terms of artistic value and sosyal meter :lol: , syempre iba pa rin ang stage play.

i think anyone can watch and appreciate movies. 
    hindi ko na appreciate and stage play ng LionKing kasi i cant relate to human actors with animals head dress doing dance moves.

in fairness, a novel can convine more emotions than real life action because the medium comprehension is slower than the real thing. comics are emotionless. but graphic novels like movies convines a greater level of art appreciation.
  • jeganrrjeganrr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nikkilove said:
    the only comics i read were comic strips,in news papers.

compared to? in terms of what ba, literature appreciation?

id admit I didnt/dont read shakespeare, hugo and other classical writings.

the closest i got to was allan poe's in h.s. because his were short stories, and the iliad/ odyssey in elem.

as well as the Filipino novels, ibong adarna, Florante and laura, noli and el Fili, being mandatory readings in filipino. :lol:  and those selected stories in Gems. our literature textbooks.

i dont think reading comics is comparable/ at par, even with contemporary novels/ stories like Dan Browns, Sidney Sheldon, GG Martin, even JK Rowling's Harry Potter.

iba pa rin.
    In terms of detailed narrative,elegant language,characterization and greatness of story.There are some specialized comics that are better than mass distribution comics,but they are exceptions to the rule.
    reading books does require depth and more comprehension, some writers have certain style which some people appreciate, when others dont. 

I cry and get inspired by Danielle Steel's writings, feel the suspense of Sidney Sheldon and Dan Brown's stories, get amused and entertained by Harry Potter books and would be fully immersed in a different world when reading Game of Thrones.

You should be able to genuinely laugh at their subtle jokes and be amazed by hidden trivial details, otherwise it would be a waste of time.

but like all things, its not for everyone. i dont like or appreciate football or golf, it doesnt mean im not a sports fan. i just prefer tennis.

if its reading comics which makes you happy, just go ahead. its your time and money. you dont need to please anybody or someone's approval with your personal leisure time. so long you dont hurt anybody or yourself, just do what makes your life worth living.