Midsommar (2019) from the director of Hereditary

pabziclespabzicles Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited July 10 in International Movies

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF HEREDITARY comes the "Shock-of-your-Life" horror movie unlike any you have ever seen. It will linger in your mind long after you've seen it.

Plot: With their relationship in trouble, a young American couple travel to a fabled Swedish midsummer festival where a seemingly pastoral paradise transforms into a sinister, dread-soaked nightmare as the locals reveal their terrifying agenda.

Coming really soon to PH theaters this July.
Distributed locally by Pioneer Films. 

Comments

• pabzicles said:
    Coming really soon to PH theaters this July.
    Distributed locally by Pioneer Films. 
    Hi, is this confirmed? 
  • pabziclespabzicles Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited July 10
    @boornik yes of course. the film poster comes from the distributor fb page
  • Thought I lost all my hope of seeing it on the big screen. LOL. That's good news then. Apparently, Reality Entertainment didn't want to pick it up. I just hope that it will be screened UNCUT here in the Philippines 'cause I read that it was supposed to be rated NC-17 but they fought for R-rating in the US. Anyway, looking forward for more updates on it.
    edited July 10
    Let us hope. 

Edit: Release date will be on July 31.
    Update: Release date July 24 
  • boornikboornik PExer
    Oh no, censorship strikes again. But I'm also seeing the R-18 classification on the MTRCB website. Does that mean it will be shown in two different versions here? Sucks that they're trying to butcher the film. I hope we still get the uncut / as is version. Can someone confirm with the distributors or post updates regarding the ratings. Thanks. Haay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file