Exclusive Debate: "There is evidence that God exists" (Elcid vs JuanTamad)
Topic: "There is evidence that God exists"
Answering in the Affirmative: ElCid
Answering in the Negative: JuanTamad
Moderator/s: N/A This is a self-moderated debate among the participants
Affirmative Introduction - (500)
Negative Introduction - (500)
Affirmative Constructive - (2000)
Negative Constructive - (2000)
III. First Rebuttals
Affirmative First Rebuttal - (1500)
Negative First Rebuttal - (1500)
Affirmative's Cross-Examination - (5 questions)(500)
Negative's Replies - (500 each)
Negative's Cross-Examination - (5 questions)(500)
Affirmative's Replies - (500 each)
V. Second Rebuttals
Affirmative's Second Rebuttal - (1000)
Negative's Second Rebuttal - (1000)
Affirmative's Conclusion - (750)
Negative's Conclusion - (750)
These rules prevail over any other informal understandings so carefully review them to make sure that they are clear and understood. Where the rules are explicit, both parties shall abide by the rules. Where the rules are silent or implicit, the parties shall behave in the interest of fairness and standard debate practice pursuant to Robert's Rules and Debate Decorum.
1. Agreed start-date: This debate starts at the moment that the AFFIRMATIVE has posted his Introduction. The affirmative side is given two (2) weeks to make the first post from the date of posting of this thread. In the event that the AFFIRMATIVE fails to post his Introduction within the time period given, the NEGATIVE shall be declared the winner by default.
2. The cross-examination questions must focus only on what has been covered by the corresponding constructive of the other side.
3. Even more importantly, the debater being cross-examined is expected to answer the questions directly.
4. Maximum word count: as stated in the format.
5. Time limit is within 7 days (168 hours) from the last post by the opponent. Posting shall be made on Saturdays and Sundays only. Any of the participants may waive this rule and post on a weekday within the 7 day time limit. However, it shall be treated as a post at 11:59 PM on the coming Sunday nearest to the weekday. The participant who fails to post within his allotted time limit shall be declared the loser.
6. Tagalog may be used for posting however, no further editing is allowed after posting.
7. All standard forum rules on online behavior and debate courtesies are enforced. This includes the prohibition against plagiarism and the requirement to cite sources.
8. During the duration of the debate, debaters should not extend their debate in the peanut gallery or anywhere else in the forum. They are not allowed to post in the gallery that will further support their argument, rally their supporters, or criticize the opponent. This does not prevent the debaters from posting things in the gallery, such as social greetings, etc, that does not violate the earlier stated rule.
9. No profanity shall be used throughout the debate and proper decorum shall at all times be observed.
10. Only the AFFIRMATIVE AND NEGATIVE are allowed to post in this thread. However, comments and reactions by other PEXers may be posted in the PEANUT GALLERY. PEXERS may also VOTE UP in favor of the AFFIRMATIVE (ElCid) and may also VOTE DOWN in favor of the NEGATIVE (JuanTamad) at and for any posts made by the participants in this debate.