COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Why do we need religion in this modern age?

Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
For me, there is no need to.

If you think religion should stay, what are your reasons?

Comments

• logitextlogitext PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kent_210 said:

as long as there are people in need there will always be religion. thats why the most religous countries are the poorest ones.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    logitext said:
    Kent_210 said:

as long as there are people in need there will always be religion. thats why the most religous countries are the poorest ones.

The way I look at it, they are poor because of religion. Remember, religion controls the government. There are progressive policies that could've lifted poor country from poverty but some policies just opposes their religious beliefs. 

And when they're poor, how exactly is religion can help them? By comforting them? (which is a good use for religion by the way).
    Kent_210 said:
    logitext said:
    Kent_210 said:

The way I look at it, they are poor because of religion. Remember, religion controls the government. There are progressive policies that could've lifted poor country from poverty but some policies just opposes their religious beliefs. 

And when they're poor, how exactly is religion can help them? By comforting them? (which is a good use for religion by the way).

There are many factors to poverty, you cant just blame it squarely on religion. 

Religion gives hope to the poor, so yes it does comfort them.
  • hsusonhsuson Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    logitext said:
    Kent_210 said:
    logitext said:
    Kent_210 said:

There are many factors to poverty, you cant just blame it squarely on religion. 

Religion gives hope to the poor, so yes it does comfort them.
     Opiate of the Masses.....
  • AgapitoAgapito Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    There are 2 reasons why Religion was invented by human beings:

1)  To bring comfort, when bad things and uncertainty happens;

and

2)  To influence and control the weak-minded

So do we still need Religion in this modern times? My answer = Absolutely.

Anything that gives COMFORT, is good. This is the reason why they invented the term "white lies".

What is a "white lie"? A white lie is a falsehood that is given mainly to provide comfort, either to boost a person's fighting spirit, or to avoid sending someone to a much worse emotional depression.

Example:

Girl 1: "I don't know if he will like me. I am so ugly!"

Girl 2: "No way, you look gorgeous!"

Girl 1: "Really?"

Girl 2: "Yes!!!"

Controlling the weak-minded, can be both beneficial or predatory. When enough weak-minded people dominate the population, they can wreak havoc and destroy society. It could result to chaos, which was exactly what it was during Ancient Times.

The central element of Religion, is its inherent REWARD & PUNISHMENT SYSTEM. Without it, there will be no Religion.

The story of God, will not exist if there was no element of Heaven & Hell.... Eternal Life & Eternal Damnation.

The way Religion controls the weak-minded, is through THREATS and REWARDS.

You will always see that this is a common feature in Iglesia Ni Cristo preachings everywhere, for example. They will always THREATEN people with harm or bad things, in order to scare them to submission or conversion.

It actually works, in a weak-minded society, like China or North Korea for example, where they have an Authoritarian government. You go against the government, you get screwed by the government. This is needed to keep the weak-minded peasants in their place.

As long as we have so many weak-minded lemmings in today's modern times, RELIGION is needed and will flourish! 

• TrollmeisterTrollmeister B?nned for trolling PEX PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

Aba,  kasi gusto niyo lang maghari-harian ang mga BAKLA!

edited May 2019

GROSSSS!     Ganito ang mangyayari sa mundo natin!   Sodom at Gomorrah!   Yuck!        

Kadiri talaga itong mga Atheistang BAKLA!    :rofl:  

Oo nga!  Sira talaga ang mga Atheista!    :rofl:  

• ElCidElCid Roman Catholic PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Religion is still required since it is intrinsically intertwined with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:  

The first sentence of the Preamble of the Universal Declaration states: “Whereas recognition of the and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.” 6 That is , the ground, the foundation, the substrate of human rights and freedoms is “the inherent dignity of the human person”. This dignity is perceived and understood first of all by reason. It is not found in the human will or in the reality of the State or in public powers. It is found in the human person himself and in God his Creator. The philosopher Jacques Maritain, who helped to draft the Universal Declaration, put this point succinctly when he wrote: the worth of the person, his liberty, his rights arise from the order of naturally sacred things which bear upon them the imprint of the Father of Being and which have in him the goal of their movement. A person possesses absolute dignity because he is in direct relationship with the Absolute, in which alone he can find his complete fulfilment.7 This is utterly radical. Your human rights and mine do not depend upon the will of other people. Human rights arise from our dignity as created in the image and likeness of God. Thus we should not be surprised that the Catholic Church regularly affirms the inherent dignity of the person as the foundation of human rights, and the right to life from conception to natural death as the first among all human rights and the condition for all other rights of the person.8 “The dignity of the human person and the common good rank higher than the comfort of those who refuse to renounce their privileges,” Pope Francis teaches. “When these values are threatened, a prophetic voice must be raised.” 9 Therefore the Church is a vigorous partner in efforts to make human rights a reality .

https://www.thetablet.co.uk/UserFiles/Files/2014.03.04_Catholic_Church__Human_Rights_Bratislava.PDF
    Religion is BIG BUSINESS.

Tax Free too :D 
    hsuson said:

Catholic Church has billions invested in BPI, Philex, San Miguel

The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Manila, for example, owns more than 300 million shares of BPI and is the bank’s 4th largest owner.

As of March 31, 2011, the Catholic Church is the 15th top shareholder of Philex Mining Corporation (PX), the country’s largest mining firm. It owns 3.2 million shares of PX currently worth more than P66 million.

See all the raket of the Catholic Church here:
    https://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/church-philippines-rich-wealth-stocks/

Bishop who got PCSO funds was a top Ayala stockholder

A bishop who sought and received Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) funds for his retirement home actually had millions invested in one of the country's biggest conglomerates, data from the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) show.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/226430/bishop-who-got-pcso-funds-was-a-top-ayala-stockholder/story/

With its P100-B wealth, Church can feed 1M poor Filipinos daily, but it doesn’t

https://www.manilatimes.net/with-its-p100-b-wealth-church-can-feed-1m-poor-filipinos-daily-but-it-doesnt/415044/

Agapito said:
    With its P100-B wealth, Church can feed 1M poor Filipinos daily, but it doesn’t
    https://www.manilatimes.net/with-its-p100-b-wealth-church-can-feed-1m-poor-filipinos-daily-but-it-doesnt/415044/
    My friend who used to work in BPI said the catholic church sends about P800,000,000 back to Rome every year, and that was 8 years ago.
    I have a friend who is a Jehovah's Witness believer. Whenever we meet, he always takes pride to tell me that his Religion never solicits money from any of its members. He says, they are just living off donations.

He was shocked to know, that the Watch Tower company that runs the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses, is actually earning about $1 BILLION US Dollars per year.
  • JuanTamad_JuanTamad_ Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ElCid said:
    Religion is still required since it is intrinsically intertwined with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:  

The first sentence of the Preamble of the Universal Declaration states: “Whereas recognition of the and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.” 6 That is , the ground, the foundation, the substrate of human rights and freedoms is “the inherent dignity of the human person”. This dignity is perceived and understood first of all by reason. It is not found in the human will or in the reality of the State or in public powers. It is found in the human person himself and in God his Creator. The philosopher Jacques Maritain, who helped to draft the Universal Declaration, put this point succinctly when he wrote: the worth of the person, his liberty, his rights arise from the order of naturally sacred things which bear upon them the imprint of the Father of Being and which have in him the goal of their movement. A person possesses absolute dignity because he is in direct relationship with the Absolute, in which alone he can find his complete fulfilment.7 This is utterly radical. Your human rights and mine do not depend upon the will of other people. Human rights arise from our dignity as created in the image and likeness of God. Thus we should not be surprised that the Catholic Church regularly affirms the inherent dignity of the person as the foundation of human rights, and the right to life from conception to natural death as the first among all human rights and the condition for all other rights of the person.8 “The dignity of the human person and the common good rank higher than the comfort of those who refuse to renounce their privileges,” Pope Francis teaches. “When these values are threatened, a prophetic voice must be raised.” 9 Therefore the Church is a vigorous partner in efforts to make human rights a reality .

https://www.thetablet.co.uk/UserFiles/Files/2014.03.04_Catholic_Church__Human_Rights_Bratislava.PDF

Pantay-pantay ang turing ng Islam at ng Lumang Tipan sa lalaki, sa babae at sa miyembro ng LBTQ?
  • ElCidElCid Roman Catholic PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited June 2019
    ^ B0b0. Bumanat ka na naman.  May development of doctrine na tinatawag ang mga Cristianong catolico.  Yang Universal Declaration of Human Rights ang pangunahing contribution ng iglesia catolica sa moralidad ng makabagong mundo.  Yung mga ateo na tulad mo walang silbi.  Ano contribution niyo? Nganga. Yung sadismo kayo nagpauso.

So bilang sagot sa paksa:  Oo kailangan pa ang relihiyon sa makabagong panahon - yang UDHR ang pangunahing ebidensiya b0b0.
    hsuson said:
    My friend who used to work in BPI said the catholic church sends about P800,000,000 back to Rome every year, and that was 8 years ago.

Bola!   Puros kasi ***** ang pinapanood mo kaya sumabog na ang utak mo!   :rofl:  
    hsuson said:

:rofl:     E yung mga Suso mo , Big Business di ba?   :rofl:   
    ElCid said:

May development of doctrine na tinatawag ang mga Cristianong catolico.

Indeed. It took the Catholic Church nearly 2000 years of "doctrine development" to realize the value of human rights.
  • Kent_210 said:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file