GMA Network: PRIMA DONNAS (Jillian Ward, Althea Ablan, Sofia Pablo)

kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited May 27 in Showbiz - TV
outburn07 said:
Its been a while. So many things changed since my last visit. I can't even remember my password from my previous account. Anyway, here's an idea on what to expect from GMA for 3Q 4Q and early 2020. They wanted to prepare early this time. And guess what, one of the execs finally had the guts to go against the HEAD. Note that most of these shows are still under development but already been approved for initial casting, budget planning and viewer temperature testing. Things might still change but at least, you will have an idea on what to expect. 

THE APPROVED 

Starstruck 7: Target judges are Heart Evangelista, Louie Ignacio and JLC if GMA can adjust with the demands of JLC's new management team.  HOSTS: Tom R and Megan Young. 

The Other Woman: Supposed to be a comeback series for Rhian and Glaiza. However, Lovi and Andrea Torress might get this with Derek Ramsey. 

UPCOMING SHOWS [under development]

Adonis: This is one of the rejected series for Alden. Very risky concept about a former Macho Dancer who will eventually become a Soldier. This time, management might give the role to RURU Madrid Instead. 

Milagrosa: ECG might give Rita Daniela her own TV series after MST. This is a rehash version of the series originally planned for Sheena Halili years ago. 

Captain Manila/Super Manila: Original superheroine serye. GMA wants to preempt the DARNA movie.  Role might go to WynWyn Marquez. Other choices: Kim Domingo and Sanya Lopez. Will still depend if Wynwyn decides to join a pageant this year. 

My Millennial Mom: Jean Garcia and Kate Valdez. Think Freaky Friday with body switch plot. 

Star Section: Kinda like First Time. School drama with Jillian Ward and Will Ashley. 

Gabbi Garcia-Derrick Monasterio Series:  The story will revolve around OFWs in London. Cast will stay in London for several weeks if plans pushes through. 

Series for Alden: Period drama about a movie actor from the 1950's who will fall in love with a woman from the future.  Leading lady role might go to Jasmine Curtis or a Kapamilya Actress. 

Bitoy Serye: GMA is trying to convince bitoy to finally star in a full pledged comedy teleserye. If bitoy won't accept the role, they are considering Jose Manalo to takeover. 

Tatlong Maria: GMA will still push for a sibling sister rivalry inspired series with Heart Evangelista, Arra San Agustin and a newbie. 

REMAKES 

DOTS: GMA is trying to get a BIG ACTRESS from the other network but they also have to extend the budget for the show because they need to buy the contract if they really push for HER. 

Wanted Perfect Mother: Carla and Zoren or A kapamilya actor. 

Majika: Not a direct remake but a story about SABINA's daughter. Mikee Quintos or launching soap for Pauline Mendoza 

Will post more updates soon... 

Comments

• kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

JILLIAN WARD, ALTHEA ABLAN, AND SOFIA PABLO JOIN FORCES IN A KAPUSO AFTERNOON DRAMA – ‘PRIMA DONNAS’

• Jillian Ward, Althea Ablan, and Sofia Pablo are the three Donnas of Kapuso Network
    • For the first time, the three homegrown actresses will be joining forces in an afternoon GMA Prime

Get ready for Jillian Ward, Althea Ablan, and Sofia Pablo as they join forces for the first time in the upcoming GMA Network afternoon prime.

The homegrown young actresses will play as triplets with different characters.

Jillian will play the role of Donna Marie, the eldest among the siblings. Donna Marie is a typical ‘ate’ entrusted by their mother to take good care of the younger siblings.

Althea plays the role of Donna Belle, an ambitious and princess-like sister. A daughter that is willing to do everything even if it’s wrong just to help her family.

Sofia, the youngest among the siblings will give life to the family. Despite being weak and sickly, she is brave enough to stand through with her family.

Together with the three young actresses are the veteran actors and actress of Kapuso Network, Katrina Halili, Wendell Ramos, ChandaRomero, and Benjie Paras.

Don’t miss the coming of the three Donnas as they make buzz in the GMA Afternoon Prime soon.

• Sharp85Sharp85 #LoveOverHate PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    edited June 6
    New teleserye on GMA Afternoon Prime ....❄❄❄

Jillian Ward
    Sophia Pablo
    Althea Ablan 

first taping day of Prima Donnas. 

Sophia, Jillian and Althea

Press Conference of Prima Donna

Casts of Prima Donna 

Jillian Ward 
    Sophia Pablo
    Althea Ablan
    Aiko Melendez
    Katrina Halili 
    Benjie Paras 
    Elijah Alejo

Gina Alajar

#PrimaDonnas

soon on GMA Afternoon Prime 💕

Aiko Melendez debuts look in first GMA-7 teleserye

by James Patrick Anarcon posted on June 10, 2019

IMAGE @aikomelendez on Instagram

Aiko Melendez starts taping for her first GMA-7 teleserye, Prima Donnas, where she plays Kendra.

Aiko Melendez is excited to start her first teleserye with GMA-7 titled Prima Donnas.

She stated this on her Facebook post earlier today, June 10.

Aiko, who will play Kendra in the series, said that she also looks forward to working with director Gina Alajar.

The 43-year-old actress wrote (published as is), "Today marks my first day of work for GMA. Excited with little sleep but, im delighted to be working with direk Gina Alajar. Im sure i will be learning so many acting tips from her.

"So today, I humbly embrace Kendra as this is my new role, for PRIMA DONNA.

"So me bago na kayo tatawagin sa akin. KENDRA! Ang aabangan nyo araw araw sa hapon. Expect a different Aiko Melendez. 

"Mabuhay mga kapuso !!!

"Salamat Po Lord Jesus kasi lagi magandang role napupunta po sa akin Im humbled!! Your love is amazing . All for your glory!"

On Instagram, Aiko posted photos of her look for the Kendra character.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW 

On her caption, Aiko wrote, "Meet #Kendra"

Prima Donnas is Aiko's first full-length teleserye with GMA-7, after being with ABS-CBN for nine years.

Her last teleserye with ABS-CBN was the fantasy series Bagani, aired in 2018.

Aiko was supposed to be part of the upcoming ABS-CBN drama series SanDugo, but she had to beg off because she wanted to focus on campaigning for her boyfriend, Jay Khonghun.

Prima Donnas will be top-billed by three GMA-7 up-and-coming teen actresses: Jillian Ward, Sofia Pablo, and Althea Ablan.

Also part of the upcoming afternoon series are Wendell Ramos, Katrina Halili, Chanda Romero, and Benjie Paras.

GMA-7 has yet to announce Prima Donna's airing date.

Read more at https://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/143814/aiko-melendez-debuts-look-in-first-gma-7-teleserye-a724-20190610#uzUTg0L47RTjHKZE.99
  • Outlander38Outlander38 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Prima Donnas: Tatlong Donnas

Makikilala niyo na ang tatlong Donnas! Abangan ang 'Prima Donnas' ngayong Agosto sa GMA Afternoon Prime.

May ANNA KARENINA feels. 
  • wolfkiddwolfkidd PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited August 7

It looks like Will Ashley is part of the cast. I wonder if si Bruce Roeland kaya ay pasok rin? Or even si JK Giducos na ka love team ni Jillian sa My Special Tatay
    If they're planning on adding a tween kontrabida for the three girls, I hope they go with Barbara Miguel nalang. She's a great actress, and for sure bagay siya dito sa Prima Donnas.
    Sa current roster ng GMA future programs, dito ako pinaka excited sa Prima Donnas. Iba talaga nararamdaman ko tuwing napapanood ko yung teasers (which did really welll on Facebook btw, with two of them reaching over a million views each). And siyempre, I'm really looking forward to seeing Aiko Melendez in a GMA teleserye, again! 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file