UAAP S81 Post-season Evaluation and Best Moments

work_placework_place Member PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Any ang overal rating nyo this season?
Ano ang best at worst moment ng season para sa inyo?
Ano ang results ng year-long prediction games nyo?

Comments

• work_placework_place Member PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    For me:
    1. Overall rating - 7/10.
        Not the most exciting.

2. Best Moment - Sisi's heart bringing UST to the Finals; The Super Rookies. The best season with great rookies after S76.
        Worst Moment- injuries. Lahat ng time na may na-injured, esp. during live games.

3. Prediction Results (di ko naman ito pinublish pero eto sa akin)
       Ateneo - Meet expectation. Sila ang most probably Champions ko, with at least a Finals appearance.
       UST - Meet expectation. Finals din ang ineexpect ko sa kanila, and most probable competitor ng Ateneo (saka UP yung isa pang contender for me)
       DLSU - Meet expectation. I don't see them entering F4, pero sabi nga in CRDJ we trust. So for me nung December, F4 material pa rin sila. It just so happen, nag 3-0 sila, beating Ateneo pa sa first game, so bigalng everyone said Finals contender na sila or 4-peat na.
       FEU - exceeded expectations. Di ko talaga sila ineexpect sa F4.
       UP - WAAAYYY below expectation. Finals contender sila for me. Was expecting a UP-Ateneo Finals parang Basketball e.
       NU - exceeded expectations. Puro Rookie, and no Senior Risa Sato. 8th or 7th sila for me. Bongga ng rookies nila.
       UE - meet expectations. Pero exceeded expectations ako kay Bendong. Galing lang.
       Adamson - below expectation. 5th or 6th expectation ko sa kanila.

• flyhighmercuryflyhighmercury Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    edited May 25
    For me:
    1. Overall rating - 7/10.
        Not the most exciting.

2. Best Moment - Sisi's heart bringing UST to the Finals; The Super Rookies. The best season with great rookies after S76.
        Worst Moment- injuries. Lahat ng time na may na-injured, esp. during live games.

3. Prediction Results (di ko naman ito pinublish pero eto sa akin)
       Ateneo - Meet expectation. Sila ang most probably Champions ko, with at least a Finals appearance.
       UST - Meet expectation. Finals din ang ineexpect ko sa kanila, and most probable competitor ng Ateneo (saka UP yung isa pang contender for me)
       DLSU - Meet expectation. I don't see them entering F4, pero sabi nga in CRDJ we trust. So for me nung December, F4 material pa rin sila. It just so happen, nag 3-0 sila, beating Ateneo pa sa first game, so bigalng everyone said Finals contender na sila or 4-peat na.
       FEU - exceeded expectations. Di ko talaga sila ineexpect sa F4.
       UP - WAAAYYY below expectation. Finals contender sila for me. Was expecting a UP-Ateneo Finals parang Basketball e.
       NU - exceeded expectations. Puro Rookie, and no Senior Risa Sato. 8th or 7th sila for me. Bongga ng rookies nila.
       UE - meet expectations. Pero exceeded expectations ako kay Bendong. Galing lang.
       Adamson - below expectation. 5th or 6th expectation ko sa kanila.

Ateneo - meet expectation. With Kat, BDL and Maddie, kaya naman talaga nila mag-champion. Si Ponggay yung naka-exceed sa expectation ko. Her fd was so pivotal (along with Wong's and Jules's) sa campaign nila, since hindi naman known good floor defenders ang ALE team ngayon.

UST - exceeds expectation. I expect Sisi to play the way she did, pero hindi ko inakala na kaya ng UST mag-survive with wing-centric offense given na tumaas blocking and fd game ng ibang teams. Their fd and the supporting cast, especially the rookies led by Eya, surprised me so much.

DLSU - meets expectation. Ang hirap mawalan ng Majoy, KKD at Macandilli sa team (nang sabay sabay). At least naka-podium finish pa rin sila. Swerte nila kay Jolina. 

FEU - exceeds expection. Like La Salle, mahirap mawalan ng key players (Pons, Basas and Atienza) pero nagawa pa rin nilang makapasok sa F4. Thanks to everyone in the team who stepped up at the times when it mattered.

UP - Below expectation. I feel so bad for this team. They have everything they need (even some in their team B are good) kaso kinulang sa fighting spirit at mental fortitude.

NU - exceeds expectation. Ang gagaling ng rookies + Doria, Chaves and Paran stepped up. They got what they needed: experience for their very promising rookies.

UE - meets expectation. They were able to challenge other teams. 

Adamson - Below expectation. I did not expect much from this team since marami ring seniors at key players ang nawala, pero kahit papano sana e makita mo man lang silang lumaban. Buti na lang they won in their last game, ending the season on a good note. 
  • RhophiRhophi 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Anong point sa thread na to? Pang-pacify sa mga lumots? Hahaha
    Well, remembrance na naging Champion ang expected champion na from the start na team mo. But everyone agrees, boring season with boring winner, except for UST's run, and heartbreaking season for the tons of injuries.
  • RhophiRhophi 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Well, remembrance na naging Champion ang expected champion na from the start na team mo. But everyone agrees, boring season with boring winner, except for UST's run, and heartbreaking season for the tons of injuries.
    Only the lumots can say that it was a boring season. Haha
    Ganyan ba kayo magcope sa loss? I can only wish you can recover soon. Haha

• immortal_badmikeimmortal_badmike Bаnned by Admіn 🥇 Eagle Captain
    wala ng ibang worst para sa akin kundi yung injuries

Sana sa S82 Wala ng mainjure na player kahit isa
  • immortal_badmikeimmortal_badmike Bаnned by Admіn 🥇 Eagle Captain
    Pati sa off season din 

No fücking injuries please
  • king_of_heartsking_of_hearts Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I feel na this season is one of the most "balanced" for quite some time. Imagine, the team that swept the new champs in the elims got swept by a team that didn't even make it to the finals. Not to mention their last 3 games were losses against a team which was not even projected to be in the F4 by some, and a team na mostly rookies and may injured pa sa line up.

At the start of the season I saw 6 teams vying for an F4 slot, with 2 teams making a strong case for a finals appearance. Well, nagkamali ako. I thought it was going to be a UP-UST finals, but Ateneo proved they still had a little heartstrong despite Coach Tai leaving the eagles' nest.

Ito yung season that any team could have beaten another team. Kahit UE palaban eh. Even rookie-laden NU had a chance of barging into the F4. Of course there was AdU and UP, who performed below expectations. But that just added more unpredictability into sa the season.

I really don't get how this season was boring. Pero kanya-kanya naman tayo ng opinyon. It was exciting for me.
  • konjaqueskonjaques Member 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    nakakamiss yung katuwaan awards ng pex sa volleyball... dati meron ganun hahaha
  • pagedownpagedown Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Overall, exciting ang season 81 kasi rollercoaster of emotions as a dlsu fan. hahahahaha

Sobrang daming ganap sa lahat ng teams. Ang ayaw ko lang ay yung mga injuries, ang dami rin :(

Nung unang laro ng ateneo, halos isumpa sila ng fans nung natalo sila ng dlsu. pero they still prevailed (pre-season prediction/hype is real!) in the end. They deserve the championsip. I would have loved it more if Sisi graduated as a champion pero it was the Ateneo team that played better.

Lastly, maraming bagong mga pangalan ang nag-emerge para abangan sa mga susunod na taon.
  • robert_nestarobert_nesta Come As You Are Volleyball Vanguard
    Parang Survivor ang dating, every season iba iba ang review hehehe
  • robert_nestarobert_nesta Come As You Are Volleyball Vanguard
    Well in the spirit of discussion, for me one of the best season to in terms of unpredictability.

DLSU beating ADMU in round 2
    FEU beating DLSU in round 2
    UST beating DLSU in playoffs
    UST beating DLSU in semis
    FEU beating ADMU in semis game 1
    UST beating ADMU in finals game 1
    S80 finalists not in the S81 finals

Best Game: ADMU versus UST round 2
    Sisi Rondina with 35 points
    Maddie Madayag with 11 blocks
  • LeeRoLeeRo Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    edited May 27
    For me, most exciting season for the past 10 seasons is the Cinderella run in season 76. The season next to it, season 77, is the most boring season for me because of how dominant Ateneo team that was. 

2nd most exciting season for me is season 78, where the volleyball superstars provided us with so much heart and passion in winning their last UAAP season together. 2nd most boring finals season is season 80. People were not ready for a different team in the finals and also, La Salle is a powerhouse during that time. It also doesn't help the 14,000+ attendance in the finals making it the least gate attendance of UAAP since season 75.
  • georgecarlogeorgecarlo Member Volleyball Vanguard
    Wow, glad to find another Survivor fan!
    Ay oo nga... we can not forget the A beats B, B beats C, C beats D, D beats A chorvahan nung Elims.

Pero at least di na pure Sebo-Lumot rivalry ang nangyayari this past 2 seasons.

At dahil malakas ang UST at NU... di kaya sila ang maging new rivals come S82? Hmmmmm 
    konjaques said:
    nakakamiss yung katuwaan awards ng pex sa volleyball... dati meron ganun hahaha
    Yep, kaso bina-block/kino-close na yung mga ganong threads ngayon... lalo na't may mga balat sibuyas na tards at Mods
  • katsu karekatsu kare Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Personally it was a good season, definitely not a boring one.
    Ang gagaling ng mga rookies, performing even way better than some veterans.

It would have been more exciting for me kung madaming nag sustare down/trash talk, na may karapatan naman.

Woohoo! Stare down pa more : Eya, Maddie

Last na lang tsitsinelasin na kita : Wong

• kikini_kiannakikini_kianna Member 🐃 Tamaraw Squad
    Wow, glad to find another Survivor fan!
    me too survivor fan
  • kikini_kiannakikini_kianna Member 🐃 Tamaraw Squad
    Balikatan 101: justine dorog 
    The need for the Challenge System is just too high

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file