Pamumuhunan | REAL ESTATE

Is real estate worth it? Some financial experts said that renting is cheaper than buying a house while others said otherwise.  Since we still have other things to pay when owning a house. Any opinion about this?

Comments

• ehleesyanehleesyan PEx Moderator
    I somehow agree.
    How? By getting passive income out of it. By renting out some of the rooms (assuming the property has available rooms to be rented)

But it won't be cheap. We're talking of millions for this kind of investment.
  • IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    brinell said:
    Is real estate worth it? Some financial experts said that renting is cheaper than buying a house while others said otherwise.  Since we still have other things to pay when owning a house. Any opinion about this?
    It is better to rent until you are rich enough to buy the investment property (not residential) you really want.

I always remind myself not to be pressured kasi ako mismo nararamdaman ko siya as someone on his late 20s. Ang hirap kasi na may 3M ka kunwari, then you bought a property worth 2M, eh di 1M nalang ang pera mo. Di pa kasali ang pang furnish sa unit and hindi mo pa siguradong may titira talaga.

Malaking risk siya. So dapat pag bumili ka nito, siguro not more than 20-30% siya ng buong net worth mo. 

Marami na akong kilala may sariling bahay (albeit mortgaged in Pag Ibig), pero house poor naman. Kaya dapat planuhin mo talaga siya ng maayos.
  • aeonfenriraeonfenrir Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    If for personal use, then definitely it's worth it. Iba pa rin ung security na mafe-feel mo knowing that you have a place of your own - you don't have to worry about your lease contract expiring or suddenly needing to move to a different place, etc.

As for investments, medyo mahirap na ngayon. In the Metro, Chinese buyers have jacked up the prices of hot spots (Makati, BGC, MOA, Ortigas, Vertis North) too much. If you're planning to lease out a unit, might be better to go for 2nd hand ones instead of new ones. You can also consider buying properties outside of the metro na madalas puntahan for staycations or AirBnb such as Tagaytay, Batangas maybe?

• dzjesdzjes Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hi! if you are looking for property to invest in like condotel (under Double Dragon), let me know! we have units available in BGC. no need to worry about managing tenants and association dues as your unit will run as hotel room. there will be units in boracay, palawan, cebu and davao too! you can get to stay in these areas for free anytime you want when you purchase a unit. 
  • 0wstalaga0wstalaga Wonder girl PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    edited May 31
    It's worth it if you have the money already. Build your finances first then saka ka mag-invest sa real estate. Your salary/gross income will determine how much you can loan sa bank and if you will get approved or not. Otherwise you need a co-buyer para makabili ng property. Unless you have a good financial mentor like Robert Kiyosaki and his Rich "Dad" wag muna sumabak agad. Learn about it first before investing in real estate or any kind of investment.

There are many things to invest in, we just have to know our goals first and ano ang mga bagay na hilig natin and risk tolerance. Pang-long term ba hanap mo or short term? Personal or for family? Masyado maraming options out there. For real estate investing, you have to look into the market and location and all that. Tingnan mo muna saan ba may possibility of marami magre-rent, or price appreciation ng property, city planning (e.g. saan magkakaroon ng subway stations in Metro Manila soon, new bridges, etc.) if you want to flip condos. Most of the time mas marami ang naghahanap ng mare-rentahan kesa mabibili na condo from condo owners. You have to have a game plan in order to be successful in real estate or any form of investment.  

I also wrote a blog on newbie condo buying here in the Philippines. Feel free to read if you would like to know more. Correct me if I'm wrong na lang sa mga experts diyan. Hehe.

Anyway, let's say you already have the money. This means may plan ka na on what to do with your money for investment. Do you go for reputable developers or yung mura ang properties and starting out pa lang? Same thing, you have to be aware of the market trends and always check the news. Ano na ba ang status sa location you plan to invest in and all that. Do you buy before mag-pre-selling, pre-selling or ready for occupancy units, resale units or foreclosed units? Handa ka ba to handle the consequences of owning one or more properties? Can you pay cash or pay monthly amortization? Marami ka pa rin ico-consider. Siyempre I'm not super knowledgable in this subject, I'm only sharing what I know.

If you think you're ready and need assistance in acquiring properties at more than P3M, let me know. I'll see what I can do to help.  :D 

Of course nobody will learn if nobody tries and does anything. The best teacher pa rin is experience unless you have an experienced mentor. Good luck and I hope you find the best real estate investment for you.  :)
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    here in QC, people are buying idle lots, old houses and repossessed properties and building buy & sell new houses.
  • DandymileDandymile Member PExer
    I like the idea of really estate a lot, I have to say. And I would like to try it soon
  • EngrFalconEngrFalcon PEx Rookie ⭐
    real estate is really a good investment here in the Philippines.
    Sobrang bilis mag appreciate ng value...
    imagine few years ago 1M lang ang value ng mga condo, now 4M pre selling palang...
    how i wish i bought one before...
    now, i bought a pre selling house and lot in Tarlac...
    it is now being developed to be the next BGC...
  • RetzRetz Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I have shore 2 moa condo for sale anyone interested?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file