2019 NBA Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semifinals (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (4) Boston Celtics

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
Both teams swept their inferior 1st round opponents. Can the Bucks continue to show they're for real? Are the Celtics really back in playoff mode? The real East playoffs starts with this one

2019 NBA Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semifinals (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (4) Boston Celtics

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• bigboy0101bigboy0101 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Celtics in 7
    Celtics in 7!! Deep talent vs solid system.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Celtics in 7
    I have doubts with the solid system of the Bucks cause they haven't been tested with adversity in the playoffs, now is the time to know if they're for real or just another Toronto

key here is how Boston would play defense, they need/hope to limit Giannis' impact

are the Bucks getting their injured players back? 
  • gelodudegelodude Member PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Bucks in 5
    Bucks in 5. Yes i am a Giannis homer. i dont doubt bucks system. they did demolish their first round opponents unlike raptors before that struggled against lower seeds. Bud >>> Casey. Bud finally has a superstar player to build around (sorry horford, millsap and jeff teague). Celtics have talent but Bucks also have guns beyond Giannis. Middleton who had ridiculous shooting percentages in last series vs Celtics. Lopez, Mirotic, Bledsoe, Brogdon who is returning, Ilyasova's shooting. Celtics may miss Smart the whole series. Also, Kyrie needs to play on D. Bucks can just force a switch of Giannis on Kyrie in the post and bring hell for Celtics defense. While Bucks seem to have competent defenders all over the roster.

Celtics should have demolished with wider margins the Pacers without their star. Also, we have seen how inconsistent Celtics are throughout regular season despite their talent. A greater adversity may trigger supposed "chemistry" issues within the team in the middle of a tough series.

• polevshchikovpolevshchikov Relentless PEx Legend ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    gelodude said:
    Bucks in 5. Yes i am a Giannis homer. i dont doubt bucks system. they did demolish their first round opponents unlike raptors before that struggled against lower seeds. Bud >>> Casey. Bud finally has a superstar player to build around (sorry horford, millsap and jeff teague). Celtics have talent but Bucks also have guns beyond Giannis. Middleton who had ridiculous shooting percentages in last series vs Celtics. Lopez, Mirotic, Bledsoe, Brogdon who is returning, Ilyasova's shooting. Celtics may miss Smart the whole series. Also, Kyrie needs to play on D. Bucks can just force a switch of Giannis on Kyrie in the post and bring hell for Celtics defense. While Bucks seem to have competent defenders all over the roster.

Celtics should have demolished with wider margins the Pacers without their star. Also, we have seen how inconsistent Celtics are throughout regular season despite their talent. A greater adversity may trigger supposed "chemistry" issues within the team in the middle of a tough series.

Did we watch the same ECR1, especially Game 4?

https://stats.nba.com/players/defense/?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Playoffs
  • japzkeejapzkee PEx Legend ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Bucks in 6
    Celtics fan here since Pierce Era, pero the way the bucks are playing mukhang sila pa dn mananaig sa seryeng ito. 
  • contrariancontrarian carpe diem! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bucks in 5
    giannis ready to take it to the next level. bucks in 5.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited April 24
    Bucks in 5
    Bucks in 5 close games. The Celtics have a shot, just keep it slow, keep it ugly and keep it physical.
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Celtics in 7
    Boston in 7. They nearly took Lebron out last year without their best player. With a year's experience and a healthy Kyrie, they can take this. 
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited April 24
    BOS in 7

not unless it will be 5 on 8 game with the REFs playing to the tune of Greek Freak and give him JHarden like freethrow quota.

FYI merge threads na. meron na una dito.

2019 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (4) Boston Celtics
    https://www.pinoyexchange.com/discussion/949572/2019-nba-playoffs-east-semifinals-1-milwaukee-bucks-vs-4-boston-celtics#latest
  • samtrust04samtrust04 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited April 25
    Bucks in 7
    Bucks in 7, Middleton and Eric B. will play huge part in winning this series. You know B. Stevens, he's a genius when it comes to playoffs. I think Giannis will do his thing, and BOS will let him do that, but it can't be all done by Giannis, he needs support. Still I believe, Bucks coach will do his thing and they will win in 7
  • ValorianValorian Do no harm PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Celtics in 7
    Celtics in 7

Giannis is like Lebron, he will get his points no matter what

problemahin na lang nila si Bledsoe at Middleton
    Bucks in 5
    I have doubts with the solid system of the Bucks cause they haven't been tested with adversity in the playoffs, now is the time to know if they're for real or just another Toronto

key here is how Boston would play defense, they need/hope to limit Giannis' impact

are the Bucks getting their injured players back? 
    I think the key is limiting the shooters, Bled, KMid, Lopez, Brown, Brogdon if he returns. Giannis will get his, just make sure the others aren't hurting you.

Yeah I see now that picking the Bucks in 5 is a gamble but I'm sticking with it.
  • burburburbur ...raot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Celtics in 7
    Let's go Celtics hehe.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Valorian said:
    Celtics in 7

Giannis is like Lebron, he will get his points no matter what

problemahin na lang nila si Bledsoe at Middleton
    correction: GAtetokounmpo is a better free throw shooter than LeBest Player in DaWorld. and, that is how MIL escaped DET in game 4.

dehado ang BOS kasi meron mismatch: Atetokounmpo vs AHorford.
  • JameauxJameaux Half-man half-magician PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Celtics in 6
    Hayward will be the x-factor here esp on offense. If he becomes even better than the previous round, I'll say it's Celtics in 6.
  • drei221drei221 Headbang PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I don't mind seeing Giannis in the ECF, but Boston is too ripe and ready to take the East (and the Raptors maybe). Mahihirapan lang sila how to contain the offensive firepower ng Bucks. Masaya ito panoorin.
    edited April 28
    Bucks in 5
    26-17 Boston after 1Q. Celtics looking good. Kyrie is on fire and the Bucks other than KMid aren't hitting their shots. Celtics are swarming the paint whenever Giannis has the ball.
    edited April 28
    Bucks in 5
    Mirotic and Middleton anchoring a comeback in the 2nd. Bucks go from down 15 now up 2. Their 3s are starting to fall.
    Bucks in 5
    Boston up 52-50 after the half. Ganda ng depensa kay Giannis, dalawa agad usually nakaabang paghawak nya ng bola but at least the rest of the team is hitting their shots now.
    edited April 28
    Bucks in 5
    Tambak na. That Kyrie-Horford pick and pop is deadly. Horford's defense has been solid. Sa lapad nya nahirapan si Giannis magdrive. He was able to block Giannis a few times. Dahil sa pangit na shooting ng Bucks, nakapagfocus kay Giannis talaga yung depensa. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file