COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The Addams Family (2019)

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator

NEW POSTER UP FOR THE ADDAMS FAMILY

The Addams Family’s lives are turned upside down when they realize the town next door is suddenly full of uptight suburbanites led by an over-the-top TV host who is trying to build the perfect world- her way! – and who will stop at nothing to get rid of a freaky family like the Addams. If that’s not bad enough, Wednesday has to go to public school for the first time, and Pugsley has to prepare for a big performance that the extended Addams family from across the globe will be coming to judge. What could possibly go wrong?”

Directed by Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan, the film features a voice cast led by Oscar Issac as George Gomez Addams, Charlize Theron as Morticia Addams, Chloe Grace Montez as Wednesday Addams, Finn Wolfhard as Pugsley Addams, Nick Kroll as Uncle Fester, Allison Janney (I, Tonya) as the Addams’ arch nemesis Margaux Needler, Elsie Fisher (Eighth Grade) as Parker Needler and Bette Midler as Grandma.

Watch The Addams Family in Philippine cinemas on October 23

The Addams Family is distributed by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.  Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uipmoviesph/ ; Twitter at https://twitter.com/uipmoviesph and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/uipmoviesph/. Use the hashtag #TheAddamsFamily.   

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator

MEET “THE ADDAMS FAMILY” IN THE ANIMATED COMEDY’S FIRST TRAILER

They’re creepy and they’re kooky! Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ (MGM) has just unveiled the first trailer for its upcoming animated feature The Addams Family with a voice cast led by Oscar Issac, Charlize Theron and Chloe Grace Moretz.

Check out the trailer below and watch The Addams Family in Philippine cinemas October 23.

“THE ADDAMS FAMILY” CHARACTERS ARE READY FOR THEIR CLOSE-UP

Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ (MGM) has just released nine brand new character posters for its upcoming comedy adventure The Addams Family.

Getting their own character posters are Gomez Addams (Golden Globe winner Oscar Isaac), Morticia Addams (Academy Award winner Charlize Theron), Wednesday Addams (Chloë Grace Moretz), Pugsley Addams (Finn Wolfhard), Uncle Fester (Nick Kroll), Grandma (Bette Midler), Cousing and Thing.

Check out the posters below and watch The Addams Family in Philippine cinemas October 23.

The Addams Family is distributed in the Philippines by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.  Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uipmoviesph/ ; Twitter at https://twitter.com/uipmoviesph and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/uipmoviesph/. Use the hashtag #MeetTheAddams.   

About The Addams Family

The Addams Family’s lives are turned upside down when they realize the town next door is suddenly full of uptight suburbanites led by an over-the-top TV host who is trying to build the perfect world- her way! – and who will stop at nothing to get rid of a freaky family like the Addams. If that’s not bad enough, Wednesday has to go to public school for the first time, and Pugsley has to prepare for a big performance that the extended Addams family from across the globe will be coming to judge. What could possibly go wrong?”

Directed by Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan, the film features a voice cast led by Oscar Issac as George Gomez Addams, Charlize Theron as Morticia Addams, Chloe Grace Montez as Wednesday Addams, Finn Wolfhard as Pugsley Addams, Nick Kroll as Uncle Fester, Allison Janney (I, Tonya) as the Addams’ arch nemesis Margaux Needler, Elsie Fisher (Eighth Grade) as Parker Needler and Bette Midler as Grandma.

• QT IIQT II Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's from the same fellas responsible for SAUSAGE PARTY, so I am keeping my hopes high on their take on the IP

“THE ADDAMS FAMILY” CELEBRATES THE CREEPY IN NEW TRAILER

Weird is wonderful! Watch the brand new international trailer for Universal Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ comedy adventure The Addams Family.

Get ready to snap your fingers! The Addams Family is back on the big screen in the first animated comedy about this creepy and kooky clan.  You may think your family is weird but the outlandish, bizarre, and completely iconic Addams Family, will have you thinking again.

In the film, The Addams Family’s lives are turned upside down when they realize the town next door is suddenly full of uptight suburbanites led by an over-the-top TV host who is trying to build the perfect world - her way! – and who will stop at nothing to get rid of a freaky family like the Addams. If that’s not bad enough, Wednesday has to go to public school for the first time, and Pugsley has to prepare for a big performance that the extended Addams family from across the globe will be coming to judge. What could possibly go wrong?”

In Philippine cinemas October 30, The Addams Family is distributed in the Philippines by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.

“THE ADDAMS FAMILY” TO FEATURE ORIGINAL MUSIC 

FROMCHRISTINA AGUILERA, MIGOS, KAROL G, ROCK MAFIA & SNOOP DOGG

Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) announced recently that its upcoming animated comedy The Addams Family will feature original songs from global music superstars Christina Aguilera, Migos, Karol G, Rock Mafia and Snoop Dogg, among others.

Based on the famous New Yorker creations of Charles Addams, the kookiest family on the block is back on the big screen with an all-star voice cast led by Oscar Isaac, Charlize Theron, Chloë Grace Moretz, Finn Wolfhard, Nick Kroll, Bette Midler, Allison Janney, Elsie Fisher and Snoop Dogg playing IT.  Directed by Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens) and Greg Tiernan (Thomas & Friends, Day of the Diesels), The Addams Family will be released in Philippine cinemas on October 30.

"Christina Aguilera, Migos, Karol G, Rock Mafia and Snoop Dogg are all powerhouse talents. We could not have asked for a better lineup of global superstars to help audiences embrace the weird and celebrate the absurd with two brand-new songs that perfectly compliment this fresh fun take on MGM's beloved franchise, just in time for Halloween," said MGM's Motion Picture Group President, Jonathan Glickman.

The first Addams Family track to be released "My Family," is performed by Migos, Karol G, Rock Mafia and Snoop Dogg. The song was written by Antonina Armato, Quavious Keyate Marshall, Carolina Giraldo, Danny Parra, Tim James, Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. and Vic Mizzy and was produced by Rock Mafia. The track is being released by MGM Records and distributed by 12 Tone Music. "Haunted Heart," performed by Christina Aguilera, was written by Antonina Armato, Aguilera and Tim James and was also produced by Rock Mafia. "Haunted Heart" will be released later this month by RCA Records ahead of the film's debut. Both songs will be available for streaming and or download at all major music retail digital platforms.

The Addams Family is distributed in the Philippines by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.  Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uipmoviesph/ ; Twitter at https://twitter.com/uipmoviesph and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/uipmoviesph/

“STAR WARS” HERO OSCAR ISAAC SPOOKS AS GOMEZ IN

“THE ADDAMS FAMILY”

Popularly known as the Resistance pilot ‘Poe Dameron’ in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Oscar Isaac now provides the voice of Gomez, the patriarch of The Addams Family, first animated comedy about the kookiest family on the block.

Debonair, charismatic and mischievous, Gomez Addams is dedicated to his children, madly in love with his wife Morticia – and also just plain mad. His favorite ways to relax are a tightened clamp set on his temple, and a vigorous round of ninja-level swordplay.

Like most people, Isaac was familiar with the classic “Family Addams” TV shows and films, but had a more personal connection. “Raul Julia was one of my favorite actors, and to see him play Gomez with such relish definitely made an impression on me when I was young,” says Isaac. “To get to play that role as an homage to him has been really special.”

With so many Addams Family projects, directors Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan strove to differentiate their characters from previous iterations, from their voices to their storylines. “We wanted everyone to try to come up with their own version of these characters,” says Vernon.

Gomez got the strongest revamp, thanks to the original cartoons. “In all the other iterations, Gomez was a fit, thin, kind of dashing, handsome man and in the cartoons, he was never portrayed that way,” says Tiernan. “We’re not portraying him as a schlub — he dresses well, he has panache and style, but he’s shorter than Morticia. He’s got that plastic-comb moustache and the strange hair. So, he is a little stranger looking in our version, because that’s the way he was in the cartoons.”

“What I loved about the original drawings is that there was always this funny way of throwing the family man on his head, you know?” says Isaac. “Gomez is a very passionate, romantic character filled with a lot of bombast and big declarations, so it’s really fun to just attack that kind of energy. But ultimately, he's a real family man and that's just been really fun to embody. I love also portraying a man that large that is also so nimble.”

A father himself, Isaac counts his young son amongst the new Addams Family audience. “I’m excited to get to share this with him,” says Isaac. “I think it's just going to not only bring in the fans of the original but also make a lot of new ones.”

In Philippine cinemas October 30, The Addams Family is distributed in the Philippines by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.  

CHARLIZE THERON, DELICIOUSLY MORBID AS MORTICIA IN “THE ADDAMS FAMILY”

Gomez Addams’ dream ghoul, Morticia is devoted to her family and runs the Addams household. While always calm, she does not suffer fools gladly, if at all and she’s been rocking a Goth-look since way before it was cool.

Charlize Theron (Mad Max: Fury Road) lends her voice to Morticia in Universal Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ new comedy adventure The Addams Family.

Theron was drawn to the enduring legacy of this quirky clan that, in a subversively delightful way, represents what family really means. “I think at the core, why people really respond to the Addams family, is because ultimately they will always be Addams and they take pride in that and never try to change themselves for anybody,” she says. “We all want to believe that we live our lives authentically, especially within our family circle. And this is a family that lives to the extreme. But there is something that is very grounded, because even though they're trying to kill each other, they love each other, and you really see that.”

Everyone involved in the movie also found the Addams Family’s struggle incredibly topical and important. “This film reminds us that whatever we think is normal is something very different for each individual,” adds Theron. “Of course, it’s a really fun film to go see, but there is an underlying message: being different is not a bad thing and we need to celebrate that a little bit more. And I love that I'm a part of something that carries that message.”

In contrast to the suave goofiness of her husband Gomez, Morticia Addams is positively frosty. Chic, sultry, and severe, Morticia has always been a bit of a classic character, says Theron. For Morticia’s voice, they initially played around with a Romanian accent, but settled on something more distinct for this new iteration of Morticia, a mid-Atlantic accent. Then Theron listened to a lot of Katherine Hepburn recordings and made it her own.

“She is stoic and has good posture and is very articulate — and I think she's the mother hen in the family. Those were things I wanted to hang on to,” says Theron. “Since this was an origin story, I wanted to find a way to suddenly bring her in when she was younger, when she fell in love with Gomez, and then slowly once they've moved in and had this family that she really kind of takes ownership of her leading role in this house.”

Morticia is usually portrayed as a steely matriarch, feared and respected by everyone and rarely challenged. In this film, that changes. A surly teen, Wednesday does everything she can to get a rise out of her mother, who is still being interrogated by various extended family members for leaving them behind to start this new life.

“Morticia and Wednesday have a great, complicated relationship in this film,” says Theron. “I don't have teenagers yet, but I think we're all kind of hyper aware of what it feels like to have a teenager in the house. I love the relationship between the two of them, because at the core, it's a story about a mother just fearing that she's losing her relationship with her daughter and Wednesday is growing up.”

WONDERFULLY WEIRD: CHLOE GRACE MORETZ IS WEDNESDAY IN “THE ADDAMS FAMILY”

Wednesday Addams, Morticia’s and Gomez’s little storm cloud, is the teen queen of shock whose special skills includes lurking, nightcrawling, and tormenting her beloved younger brother, Pugsley. Now, Wednesday is about to face her most horrific challenge yet: middle school.

Chloe Grace Moretz (If I Stay, The 5th Wave) provides the voice of Wednesday in Universal Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ new animated comedy The Addams Family.

“Morticia and Wednesday have a great, complicated relationship in this film,” says co-star Charlize Theron who plays Morticia. “I don't have teenagers yet, but I think we're all kind of hyper aware of what it feels like to have a teenager in the house. I love the relationship between the two of them, because at the core, it's a story about a mother just fearing that she's losing her relationship with her daughter and Wednesday is growing up.”

For as macabre as she is, Wednesday is tortured — and not just by Pugsley’s daily attempts on her life. She’s on a fairly typical teen journey/rite of passage herself: pushing boundaries and buttons.

“She knows she's a little bit strange and she likes being off-putting to people, and she finds it funny to watch people squirm. Which is fun to play,” says Moretz. “But deep down she’s just a teenager: she wants to make her mom mad and find her own sense of freedom. She feels really confined inside the house and she really wants to get out there.”

Theron is a fan. "I'm like a stalker when it comes to Chloë Moretz,” says Theron, laughing. “I’ve basically have tried to put her in every single film that I've either produced or acted in, and I've been fortunate enough to work with her a couple of times and she's a good friend of mine. I’ve always felt motherly towards her, so it's kind of perfect that we got to do this.

Moretz was only six-years old when Addams Family Values came out, but she vividly remembers watching it and was stoked to land the part of Wednesday and find her voice. Moretz is excited to bring this wholly original version of this crazy family to a younger generation. “I think kids will really enjoy their first taste of The Addams Family,” she says. “Because it is unlike any other story. And it's incredibly authentic, raucous, and wild. It's silly but it's also got a lot of heart, because it ultimately is about supporting one another's differences.”

FINN WOLFHARD IS BROTHER-FROM-HELL PUGSLEY IN “THE ADDAMS FAMILY”

A relentless innovator of devilish schemes and a menacing ten-year-old on over-drive, Pugsley enjoys setting unsuccessful booby traps for his sister Wednesday and bemused father, Gomez.

Stranger Things and IT sensation Finn Wolfhard breathes life to Pugsley in Universal Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ new animated comedy The Addams Family.

While everyone in the movie is struggling to accept things that are foreign to them and playing with boundaries, Pugsley gets a more physically active storyline, one in which he has to take a break from his pyrotechnic hobby to learn the “Sabre Mazurka,” a rite of passage ceremony to prove he is indeed ready to become an Addams Family man. Taking a break from — literally torturing his sister Wednesday — Pugsley can’t seem to grasp the frenzied routine, disappointing Gomez. Ultimately Gomez realizes that Pugsley has to march to the beat of his own demented drum.

“Finn is this super talented young actor who everybody knows from Stranger Things and IT,” says co-star Nick Kroll, who plays Uncle Fester. “He was perfect to be this kind of rascally kid.”

“I just kind of went for it. Pure commitment and tried to embody complete chaos,” says Finn Wolfhard on throwing himself into the role of Pugsley. “He loves destruction and pyro and scary things. I mean, the whole Addams Family does. But I think he just loves the chaos of it.”

Pugsley and Wednesday have the natural sibling rivalries—except with an Addams twist, of course. “It’s a loving competition of trying to murder each other,” says Wolfhard. “A complete exaggeration of what a real family is to the fullest degree. You know when people say, ‘Oh, they’re brother and sister, and sometimes they want to kill each other but other times they love each other.’ In the Addams Family world it’s true: they really want to kill each other but in the most loving way possible. Pugsley’s just falling flat on his face every time. And Wednesday’s the big sister and knows more and so I think that’s a really interesting dynamic.”

In Philippine cinemas October 30, The Addams Family is distributed in the Philippines by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file