Salvation by Faith Alone!

Ephesians 2:8-9 

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Pananampalataya lang po ang kailangan para maligtas! Ang taong sumampalataya sa panginoon ay ipinanganak nang muli at may bago nang pagiisip, siya ay hindi na alipin ng kasalanan!

Romans 6 

6 What should we say then? Should we continue to sin so that God’s kindness[a] will increase? 2 That’s unthinkable! As far as sin is concerned, we have died. So how can we still live under sin’s influence?

Unthinkable na po sa isang born again christian ang sadyain na magkasala pa dahil sya ay ligtas dahil sa kanyang pananampalataya! At ang kaligtasasan na ito ay gift of god na hindi na maaring mawala! 

Romans 6

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a]Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 10

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 

Image result for praise the lord

Comments

• ElCidElCid Roman Catholic PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Formal debate ang hamon.  Kaya mo bang tindigan sa isang formal debate ang faith alone? Oo o hindi lang naman.
  • lordlapulapulordlapulapu PEx Rookie ⭐
    ElCid said:
    Formal debate ang hamon.  Kaya mo bang tindigan sa isang formal debate ang faith alone? Oo o hindi lang naman.

teka tanong ko lang muna, paano ang formal debate?
    ElCid said:

kakasindak naman yan! di yata ako ganyan ka galing mag-english! kung pwede magtaglish sa awa ng Dios kakayanin ko ito! kayat kung ok lang iyan eh pwede mo nang simulan!
  • alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited March 26
    implied ang talata ni saint paul na hindi works alone. it is by faith. and what do you do to strengthen this faith? through displaying it bodily and spiritually. so you need works and faith. not works alone.

which is echoed by saint james.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..
    implied ang talata ni saint paul na hindi works alone. it is by faith. and what do you do to strengthen this faith? through displaying it bodily and spiritually. so you need works and faith. not works alone.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..

faith in God produces good works. 

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..

what i meant by displaying is that you have to reinforce your faith spiritually by believing fervently and bodily by doing what is needed accordingly.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..

what i meant by displaying is that you have to reinforce your faith spiritually by believing fervently and bodily by doing what is needed accordingly.

pwedeng ireinforce ang faith by good works? what do you mean? so kung mahina faith mo, kelangan ng good works para pumasa? ganun ba?
    edited March 27
    the soul is composed of body and spirit. for the soul to manifest complete faith, it has to be in accordance bodily and spiritually.

if one is missing, it's not complete faith. it's close to hypocrisy.

thus faith alone doctrine of saint paul, when interpreted properly, does not conflict the teachings of saint james the just.

thus fides in animus per ora (spiritually) et labora (bodily).

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..
  • KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    NOT BY FAITH ALONE

FAITH IS TRULY important, and without it one cannot attain salvation. This is what the Bible says:

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” (Mark 16:15-16, NKJV)

The Bible said, “he who does not believe will be condemned.” However, nothing in the verse that says “faith alone,” “believe only,” or “enough to have faith,” instead the verse said, “He who BELIEVES AND IS BAPTIZED will be saved.”

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself explicitly tells us that it is not enough to call Him “Lord” (to believe in Him) in order to be saved or to enter the Kingdom of God:

“NOT EVERYONE who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21, NKJV, emphasis mine)

Even the Apostles clearly said and wrote that man is justified not by faith only:

“You see then that a MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, AND NOT BY FAITH ONLY.

“What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

“But do you want to know, O foolish man, that FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD?” (James 2:24,14-18,20, NKJV,emphasis mine)

The “works” referred to by the Apostles are the one mentioned by the Lord Jesus Christ, “Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but HE WHO DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER in heaven.” Thus, even a person believes in God and in Jesus, but he does not obey the will of the Father, Jesus explicitly said that he shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Therefore, it is not enough to believe in God and Christ Jesus in order to be saved. Faith is important for one cannot be caved without it, but faith is not enough. We must also follow the commandments of God written in the Holy Scriptures or the Bible in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven or to be saved. 

Following is a list of verses that show that salvation/justification is by faith. Bold references are particularly pointed.

1. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
    2. Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."
    3. Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"
    4. Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."
    5. Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."
    6. Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
    7. Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"
    8. Rom. 4:11, "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,"
    9. Rom. 4:16, "Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."
    10. Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"
    11. Rom. 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."
    12. Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then?  That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."
    13. Rom. 9:33, "just as it is written, “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
    14. Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."
    15. Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;  10for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
    16. Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."
    17. Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."
    18. Gal. 2:21, “I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”
    19. Gal.3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
    20. Gal. 3:8, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "All the nations shall be blessed in you."
    21. Gal. 3:14, "in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."
    22. Gal. 3:22, "But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe."
    23. Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."
    24. Eph. 1:13, "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise."
    25. Eph. 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."
    26. Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."
    27. 1 Tim. 1:16, "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life."

James 2:24, not by faith alone

The Scriptures clearly teach that we are saved (justified) by faith in Christ and what He has done on the cross.  This faith alone saves us.  However, we cannot stop here without addressing what James says in James 2:24, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone."

There is no contradiction.  All you need to do is look at the context.  James chapter 2 has 26 verses: Verses 1-7 instruct us to not show favoritism. Verses 8-13 are comments on the Law.  Verses 14-26 are about the relationship between faith and works.

James begins this section by using the example of someone who says he has faith but has no works, "What use is it, my brethren, if a man says he has faith, but he has no works?  Can that faith save him?"  (James 2:14).  In other words, James is addressing the issue of a dead faith; that is nothing more than a verbal pronouncement.  It is empty of life and action.  He begins with the negative and demonstrates what an empty faith is (verses 15-17, words without actions). Then he shows that that type of faith isn't much different from the faith of demons (verse 19).  Finally, he gives examples of living faith that is words followed by actions.  He writes of Abraham and Rahab as examples of people who demonstrated their faith by their deeds.

In brief, James is examining two kinds of faith: one that leads to godly works and one that does not.  One is true, and the other is false.  One is dead, the other alive; hence, "Faith without works is dead," (James 2:20).

Also, notice that James actually quotes the same verse that Paul uses to support the teaching of justification by faith in Rom. 4:3.  James 2:23 says, "and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, ‘and Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.'"  If James was trying to teach a contradictory doctrine of faith and works than the other New Testament writers, then he would not have used Abraham as an example.

https://carm.org/verses-showing-justification-by-faith

edited March 28

Even the Apostles clearly said and wrote that man is justified not by faith only:

“You see then that a MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, AND NOT BY FAITH ONLY.

“What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

“But do you want to know, O foolish man, that FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD?” (James 2:24,14-18,20, NKJV,emphasis mine)

As i said before, "faith in God produces good works". so james was correct, without good works it means your faith is dead. dead faith means you really have no faith!

The BEST EXAMPLE OF FAITH ALONE:

Luke 23:39-43 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was [a]hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the [b]Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving [c]what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come [d]in Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

Did the thief in there show good works? of course not! but he was justified by his faith, ALONE!

First of all, how do you define the word ALONE? How can you distinguish a "dead faith" from faith if faith is alone?

IF FAITH ALONE IS ENOUGH TO BE SAVED, WHAT ABOUT LOVE?

IF FAITH ALONE IS ENOUGH TO BE SAVED, WHAT ABOUT LOVE?

PROTESTANTS PROCLAIM that faith alone is enough to be saved, but is this teaching really biblical?  If they would only truly examine the Scriptures, they would learn that though faith is extremely important and absolutely necessary, love is greater.

The importance of love
    Love is greater than faith:
    “And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.” (I Cor. 13:13, New International Version)

If love is greater than faith, then how can anyone believe that salvation is by faith alone?  Loving God, moreover, is not merely an emotion, but is shown by following God’s commands:

“This is love for God:  to obey his commands.  And his commands are not burdensome.” (I John 5:3, Ibid.)

This is why our Lord Jesus Christ taught that the greatest command is to love God (Matt. 22:36-39) and only those who love God will receive the crown of life:

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” (James 1:12, NIV)

If loving God, as our Lord Jesus Christ taught, is the greatest command, and only those who love God will receive the crown of life, then how could Protestants say faith alone is enough to be saved?  Does that mean then that a person does not have to love God?  And that all he has to do is believe in God to be saved? 

Faith by itself is Dead and barren
    Further proof that faith alone is not enough to be saved is the biblical teaching that faith without works is dead:

“So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.” (James 2:17, New Revised Standard Version)

It is also barren (James 2:20).  If something is both dead and barren, then how could anyone expect that this would lead to salvation?  How could anyone be of value to God?  God expects us to do good things or works:

“My brothers and sisters, what good does it do if someone claims to have faith but doesn’t do any good things?  Can this kind of faith save him?” (James 2:14,God’s Word)

This rhetorical questions shows that faith without works can not save.  A person can not be justified before God by faith only:

“You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.” (James 2:24, New King James Version)

In this verse, the words “by faith only” are preceded by the word “not.”  In other words, the doctrine that a person is saved by just believing in God or in Jesus as Lord and personal Savior and not by obeying the commands of Christ and God contradicts the Bible.

No one will expect demons to be saved, yet they believe (James 2:19).  So those who profess this kind of faith are not wise, but fools whose faith is useless (James 2:20)

The good required For Salvation
    What about if man does something good?  Doing good does not mean just anything that people regard as good.  The law or command of God is what is good (Rom. 7:12).  God’s commands are found in the Bible (II Tim. 3:15-17).  The Bible, therefore, is the source of the true teachings which equip God’s people to do good works.  Even though God wants people to be saved, but they have to know the truth:

“This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.” (I Tim. 2:3-4, New Living Translation)

The truth is the word of God (John 17:17).

The truth that Christ taught
    Christ did not teach that faith alone is needed for man to be saved.  He even criticized those who called Him Lord but did not obey Him and did not really believe in Him:

“What good is it to mouth the words, ‘Lord! Lord! If you don’t live by My teachings?” (Luke 6:46, The Voice)

If someone really accepts Jesus as his Lord, then he ought to obey the teachings or commands of Christ.  Christ commanded those who want to be saved not just to believe in Him but to enter Him:

“I am the door.  If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved.” (John 10:9, NKJV)

Those who entered are found in the one flock (John 10:16).  The flock is the Church Of Christ:

“Take heed therefore to yourselves and to all the flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you overseers, to feed the church of Christ which he has purchased with his blood.” (Acts 20:28, LamsaTranslation)

Therefore, the command to enter the Church Of Christ is from Christ.

Not enough to be in the True Church
    When Christ was asked the question:  “What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”  he answered, “If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments” (Matt. 19:16-17, NKJV).  The apostles also reiterated the importance of obedience:

“My friends, I want you to remember the message that I preached and that you believed and trusted.  You will be saved by this message, if you hold firmly to it.  But if you don’t, your faith was all for nothing.”  (I Cor. 15:1-2, Contemporary English Version)

By obeying Christ’s commandments, members of the  true Church remain in His love:

“I have loved you even as the Father has loved me.  Remain in my love.  When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.”  (John 15:9-10, NLT)

Choose life
    Why would God inspire His words to be written in the Bible, send our Lord Jesus to preach His words, and teach people about salvation, and yet not expect people to obey?  From the very beginning God gave a choice:

“I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.” (Deut. 30:19-20, NKJV, emphasis ours)

God gave mankind a choice between life and death, between blessing and cursing, but told them to choose life by loving Him through obedience and clinging or trusting in Him.  If they did that, then they would dwell in the land.  It is mankind’s hope that one day they will live forever with God and Christ.  Without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb.11:6).  Faith is absolutely necessary to be saved.  But just like what Apostle Paul declared:

“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”(I Cor. 13:2, NIV) *

By ROMMEL V. SAN PEDRO
    Copied from PASUGO GOD’S MESSAGE/October 2014/Pages 33-35/Volume 66/Number 10/ISSN 0116-1636
    After you are saved by true faith in the Lord Jesus christ, you are born again and becomes the temple of the holy spirit. The spirit in you produces a fruit:

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

notice that there is love in there!
    But my point is - love is greater than faith, as it is written in the bible; to love God is to follow His commandments - following God's commandments entail many works - so salvation is definitely NOT by faith alone! :D  

And what is your definition of ALONE for "Faith alone"?

Can Faith Alone, without Works Save?

Protestants upholds the  doctrine that man "can be saved only by faith in Christ, not by good works" (20 Centuries of Christianity, p. 32). This has led them to reject the necessity of joining a particular church to attain salvation.  They are convinced that there is a biblical basis for the faith-alone concept, one of which is Ephesians 2:8-9.   According to the Protestant book Witnessing to the Cults: A Practical Study Course For Christian Workers:

"... Perhaps you have not read Eph. 2:8-9, 'For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith ... not of works'." (p. 123)

Here is Ephesians 2:8-9 quoted in full:

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." (New International Version)

They also cite Romans 3:20 and 28 to prove that the sola fide or faith-alone doctrine is biblically valid:

"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

"For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law." (Ibid)

We will analyze these verses in this writing.

Not by man's own works

That salvation is by grace of God is a biblical truth.  It is a grave mistake, however, to think that in Ephesians 2:8-9, Apostle Paul is advancing the idea that man can be saved by faith alone without good works.  In the same passages, he makes his meaning clear. "this [salvation] is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Hence, man by himself alone - by his own righteous works and apart from the mercy of God - will not be saved.  In Titus 3:5, the apostle explicitly states:

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit." (New King James Version)

There are acts that can be considered as righteous, but by themselves cannot save man.  For instance, helping the needy and the oppressed and taking up such other humane causes, as well as leading a well-disciplined, vice-free life are not only perfectly all right but are also virtuous.  But doing these, even if wholeheartedly and with noble intent, does not ensure salvation without God's mercy.

Being subject to divine mercy, however, does not amount to being automatically saved  without doing anything other than having faith.  On the contrary, God's statutes are the works that give man the basis for receiving the true life.  Indeed, Apostle Paul's instruction to Timothy concerning the Christians was to:

"Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold eternal life." (I Tim. 6:18-19, Ibid.)

Being subject to divine mercy, however, does not amount to being automatically saved without doing anything other than having faith.

He commands man to "come into the fold" or join the Church of Christ, which is God's kingdom on earth.
    Some of the works the Lord seeks in man are the giving of voluntary offerings and sharing the true faith.  However, good works lead to salvation only if done within the bounds of grace and in accord with God's commands.  Needless to say, religious works that transgress the Lord's ordinances surely lead to eternal perdition, not to salvation.

If it were true that the Bible teaches that faith without good works is enough, Apostle Paul would not have admonished believers to do good or to do God's commands (Rom. 7:12)

Why then did he say in Romans 3:28 that man is justified by faith apart from the law?  By what law can man not be justified even if he strictly complies with it? To the Jews, "the law" or Torah means the law of Moses.  This is exactly what Apostle Paul means as proven by his sermon to the Jews at Antioch in Pisidia where, in part he said:

"And by Him everyone who believes is justified by the law of Moses." (Acts 13:39, NKJV)

What Apostle Paul was pointing out in Romans 3:28 is that in the Christian era, man cannot be justified by observing the Mosaic Law.  Our Lord Jesus Christ has declared that the law of Moses was "... in effect up to the time of John the Baptist since then the Good News about the Kingdom of God is being told, and everyone forces his way in". (Lk. 16:16, Today's English Version).

The kingdom where all must enter to be saved is "... the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins" (Col. 1:13-14, NIV).  The Church of Christ is the one purchased or redeemed by Christ with his blood (Acts 20:28, Lamsa Translation) - the kingdom where all must enter to be saved.

The law of Christ

The veracity of the verses we are discussing is not in question, but rather the Protestant understanding and interpretation of the verses, which cause some verses to contradict other biblical passages.  For instance, Apostle James said:

"Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

"Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

"And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness'. And he was called the friend of God." (Js. 2:21-23, NKJV)

Abraham's obedience proved his faith in God.  The apostles testify that he was justified by works and not by having faith only.

In the Christian era, it is not enough to merely have faith in God and in Christ, for the Savior commands:

"I am the door; anyone who comes into the fold through me will be safe." (Jn. 10:9, Revised English Bible)

The fold or flock is the Church of Christ (Acts 20:28, Lamsa Translation). The Lord does not say that faith in Him is enough for man to be saved.  He commands man to "come into the fold" or join the Church of Christ, which is God's kingdom on earth.  Thus, the belief that man is neither justified by becoming a member of the Church nor by following God's commandments is unbiblical.

True believers are expected to "Bear one another's burden, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Gal. 6:2, NKJV). If faith without good works were enough, the Bible would not mention the law of Christ everyone should fulfill. Man is justified by faith apart from the law of Moses but not apart from the law of Christ.
    That man needs to join the Church of Christ to be saved is embodied in the law of Christ.  Also called the law of faith (Rom. 3:27), the law of Christ requires those who believe in Him to fulfill His command, one of which is to enter His true Church.

If Protestants would put into practice their idea that good works are the outgrowth of faith, the result of their belief in Christ, granting that it is based on the true knowledge (Rom. 10:2-3), would be their membership in the Church of Christ. However, this is not to say that merely believing in Christ automatically makes one a member of His Church, because joining the true Church requires diligent effort on the part of the believer (II Pt. 3:14; Col. 3:15; 1:18).

But unfortunately, Protestant efforts are wasted on their insistence that faith is enough - that they have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior - meaning that they refuse to do the things Christ says. Christ questions their faith:
    True believers are expected to bear one another's burden, and so, fulfill the law of Christ.

"But why do you call Me "Lord, Lord', and do not do the things which I say?" (Lk. 6:46, NKJV)

Christ's true disciples

Jesus Christ seeks more than just faith in Him:

"Jesus told the people who had faith in him, 'If you keep on obeying what I have said, you truly are my disciples'." (Jn. 8:31, Contemporary English Version)

Clearly, the Lord expects people who believe in Him to obey His words.  Obedience is the quintessence of any discipleship, but most especially when it comes to following Christ.  Nobody can claim to be a disciple while giving no importance to Christ's commands concerning salvation.  The apostles find it foolish for one to say that he believes but does not have works.  Take note of Apostle James' teaching on faith:

"In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

"You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?" (Js. 2:17, 20, NIV)

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?" (Js. 2:14, NKJV)

Although necessary for salvation, faith, if without deeds, is dead and useless - it cannot save man.  Membership in the true Church of Christ is necessary for man to be justified.

God sent His Son that whoever believes in Him will be saved having been justified by His precious blood.  To believe is to obey Christ's command to enter the Church of Christ, the one He redeemed with His blood.  This is one of the works that must go with one's faith in order to receive God's gift of salvation and to enter the kingdom of heaven, for it is the will of God (Mt. 7:21; Eph. 1:9-10, 22-23).  Man must join this Church not because it saves, but  because it is the one Christ will save.  The grace of salvation then is received only through and in the Church of Christ.  This is what the grace of salvation through Christ is all about.

But just as faith without works is incomplete, so is merely joining the true Church of Christ. Apostle Paul advises Church of Christ members to obey, now more than ever, and instructs them to keep on working to complete their salvation (Phil. 2:12).

The door is open to our Protestant friends - and to everyone - to join the  one true Church of Christ and to experience what Christian living truly means.

http://iglesianicristobyconverttoinc.blogspot.com/2012/09/can-faith-alone-without-works-save.html
    But my point is - love is greater than faith, as it is written in the bible; to love God is to follow His commandments - following God's commandments entail many works - so salvation is definitely NOT by faith alone! :D  

greatest talaga ang love. but love is love. its not even a form of work in any sense!

again, real faith produces good works. so a man of good faith will follow the commandments of god whom he loves!

but it is faith that saves, not the act of working, otherwise paano mo ipapaliwanag iyung magnanakaw na naglitas eh wala namang ginawang mabuti yun!

greatest talaga ang love. but love is love. its not even a form of work in any sense!

again, real faith produces good works. so a man of good faith will follow the commandments of god whom he loves!

but it is faith that saves, not the act of working, otherwise paano mo ipapaliwanag iyung magnanakaw na naglitas eh wala namang ginawang mabuti yun!
    Hindi mo pa rin nasasagot ang tanong ko kung ano ang depinisyon mo ng ALONE sa "Faith alone".

So nag-a-agree ka na ang love ay greater than faith. Paano mo naman naipapakita ang LOVE? Hindi ba nabanggit ko na sa yo na ang LOVE for God is to follow all His commandments?

1 John 5:3
    English Standard Version
    For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

In the next two verses, Jesus named "love your neighbor as yourself" as the second greatest commandment after loving God:

Matthew 22:37–39

Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' (NKJV)

How do you love your neighbor?

16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

At ang pinaka-importante sa lahat ay maakay mo ang mga taong walang pananampalataya sa Diyos at nasa maling pananampalataya upang sila man ay magkamit ng gantimpalang buhay na walang hanggan!

Mark 16:
    15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.…

Tungkol sa magnanakaw na pinangakuan ng kaligtasan ni Cristo, wala nang pagkakataon pang makagawa sya dahil pinapatay na siya sa mga sandaling iyon, pero ang paglapit niya kay Cristo at pagpapahayag ng pananampalataya, yan ang kanyang ginawa upang maligtas siya. Hindi maaaring maniwala LANG ang tao sa katotohanan ng Diyos na ipinahayag sa pamamagitan ni Cristo KUNDI dapat ay GAWIN niya ang mga kautusan ng Diyos na itinuro rin ni Cristo at mga apostol. DAPAT AY MAY GAWA kasama ng pananampalataya! 

Hindi mo pa rin nasasagot ang tanong ko kung ano ang depinisyon mo ng ALONE sa "Faith alone".

So nag-a-agree ka na ang love ay greater than faith. Paano mo naman naipapakita ang LOVE? Hindi ba nabanggit ko na sa yo na ang LOVE for God is to follow all His commandments?

English Standard Version
    For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

In the next two verses, Jesus named "love your neighbor as yourself" as the second greatest commandment after loving God:

Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' (NKJV)

16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

At ang pinaka-importante sa lahat ay maakay mo ang mga taong walang pananampalataya sa Diyos at nasa maling pananampalataya upang sila man ay magkamit ng gantimpalang buhay na walang hanggan!

Mark 16:
    15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.…

Tungkol sa magnanakaw na pinangakuan ng kaligtasan ni Cristo, wala nang pagkakataon pang makagawa sya dahil pinapatay na siya sa mga sandaling iyon, pero ang paglapit niya kay Cristo at pagpapahayag ng pananampalataya, yan ang kanyang ginawa upang maligtas siya. Hindi maaaring maniwala LANG ang tao sa katotohanan ng Diyos na ipinahayag sa pamamagitan ni Cristo KUNDI dapat ay GAWIN niya ang mga kautusan ng Diyos na itinuro rin ni Cristo at mga apostol. DAPAT AY MAY GAWA kasama ng pananampalataya! 

following the commandments is just an EXPRESSION OF LOVE, diba?  di ibig sabihin nun na di mo na mahal si lord kapag nakatunganga ka lang!

alone ibig sabihin 'yun lang'. faith lang kelangan para maligtas, at syempre kasama dun  ang expression of faith, sabi ng banal na kasulatan:

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

At iyun lang ginawa ng magnanakaw, nagpahayag lang ng faith niya. Ligtas na! Example sya na ginawa sa biblia para patunayan na FAITH ALONE!

Image result for thief cross faith alone

English Standard Version

Mark 16:

following the commandments EXPRESSION OF LOVE yun, diba? doesnt mean na di mo na mahal si lord every time na nakatunganga ka lang!

'alone' ibig sabihin yun lang. faith lang kelangan para maligtas, at syempre kasa dun expression of faith, sabi sa banal na kasulatan:

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

at iyun ang ginawa ng magnanakaw! nagexpress lang ng faith ligtas na! example sya na ginamit ng Panginoon para patunayan na FAITH ALONE!

Image result for thief cross faith alone

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file