COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.
Los Angeles Lakers Thread: Lakers Nation #RIPMamba
Welcome to the new home of Lakers Nation
The circus 2018/19 pig of season without lipstick ain't over yet but Lakers nation is moving on to a new thread and another era. Who will survive the offseason purge/retooling?
- The Lakers are estimated to have just over $38 million to spend this offseason.
- The Lakers will have eight players under contract going into the summer.
- LeBron James
- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Moritz Wagner
- Kyle Kuzma
- Josh Hart
- Isaac Bonga
- 2019 1st round draft pick
- According to www.espn.com’s trade machine the Lakers cannot make a 2-team trade for Anthony Davis over the summer unless they offer LeBron James to the Pelicans, because the combined money of Ball, Ingram, Wagner, Kuzma, Hart, Bonga, and a 1st round pick between 8-13 isn’t enough to match AD’s salary. That means it will be very hard for the Lakers to trade for AD unless they make a 3-team deal or they get really creative.
- The same is true for Bradley Beal or any other player making $25 million or more next season.
most likely to end up banking on hope that a top free agent + other back-ups will come to help
worst case you end up with DeAndre Jordan + KCP/Bullock + meme team vets
decent case, Boogie Cousins or Jimmy Butler + 3/D players
best case, elite free agents, no need to mention who they are #tampering
where will the Lakers lottery pick end up?
also, who will be the coach? will changes be made in the front office too? will the circus continue to get worse or get better? so many questions moving forward
-1 · Share on Twitter