Los Angeles Lakers Thread: Lakers Nation 2019 and Beyond

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
edited March 21 in NBA

Welcome to the new home of Lakers Nation

The circus 2018/19 pig of season without lipstick ain't over yet but Lakers nation is moving on to a new thread and another era. Who will survive the offseason purge/retooling?

facts from https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/03/18/los-angeles-lakers-2019-best-case-worst-case-offseason-scenarios/:

• The Lakers are estimated to have just over $38 million to spend this offseason.
  • The Lakers will have eight players under contract going into the summer.
  1. LeBron James
  2. Lonzo Ball
  3. Brandon Ingram
  4. Moritz Wagner
  5. Kyle Kuzma
  6. Josh Hart
  7. Isaac Bonga
  8. 2019 1st round draft pick
  • According to www.espn.com’s trade machine the Lakers cannot make a 2-team trade for Anthony Davis over the summer unless they offer LeBron James to the Pelicans, because the combined money of Ball, Ingram, Wagner, Kuzma, Hart, Bonga, and a 1st round pick between 8-13 isn’t enough to match AD’s salary. That means it will be very hard for the Lakers to trade for AD unless they make a 3-team deal or they get really creative.
  • The same is true for Bradley Beal or any other player making $25 million or more next season.

most likely to end up banking on hope that a top free agent + other back-ups will come to help

worst case you end up with DeAndre Jordan + KCP/Bullock + meme team vets
decent case, Boogie Cousins or Jimmy Butler + 3/D players
best case, elite free agents, no need to mention who they are #tampering

where will the Lakers lottery pick end up?

also, who will be the coach? will changes be made in the front office too? will the circus continue to get worse or get better? so many questions moving forward

Comments

• contrariancontrarian carpe diem! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    new thread yes. wala na yung labron sa title. :lol:

that block by hezonja was epic. kabit na kabit. :lol:

saw jimmy butler's clutch shot vs celtics. epic pose lol. ganun dapat, hindi natataranta pag winning time. he knows what to do. mamba mentality. wala akong pinapatamaan ah. 

on the other hand, celtics are going downhill.  

• gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    LaBron Lakers Thread started on 2014 and ended on 2019. how pages were done in 2019 all because of the invasion of LeBronTards?

https://www.pinoyexchange.com/discussion/705032/labron-lakers-thread-gotta-believe-in-miracles-playoffmodeactivated

2019 cap space: +66.1M

it is not enough to get 2 max players and 5 vets to fill up the 15 man roster. they need to trade (LOSERBall + BIngram +1st round draftpick) package. but no team is too dumb to bite that bait especially, Ball and Ingram are now injured.

pasok LeBronTards ... :look_at_the_time:
  • XanaxXanax Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^ namo, malabo na yun hanggang hindi nadi-demote ang mod dito na maka kobe. Alam mo na kung sino ang pinaka mareklamong mod ng pex, paging Caramba! I-valuate mo ang performance ng mod dito, di yata bagay dito, masyadong biased ang loko
  • balthierbalthier Your idol is a has been PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Go lebrontards! Exposed na exposed and idol ninyo dito sa West! :lol:

Keep on being in denial.

I will have patience with this team and then I will trade everyone for AD. :rofl:

Greatest Overrated Athlete Trash!
    edited March 22
    Xanax said:
    ^^ namo, malabo na yun hanggang hindi nadi-demote ang mod dito na maka kobe. Alam mo na kung sino ang pinaka mareklamong mod ng pex, paging Caramba! I-valuate mo ang performance ng mod dito, di yata bagay dito, masyadong biased ang loko
    uy uy ..... ang bilis kumagat sa bait.

kaya bang mag-5K comment itong bagong thread sa 365days?

psst ..... i was rooting for the Lakers since the start of the old thread but i never cheered for LOSERBall. i cheered for BIngram and KKuzma. does that make me bias too?

balthier said:
    Go lebrontards! Exposed na exposed and idol ninyo dito sa West! :lol:

Keep on being in denial.

I will have patience with this team and then I will trade everyone for AD. :rofl:

Greatest Overrated Athlete Trash!
    feeling ko .... maghahanap uli ng trade bait si GMEJohnson para kay AnthonyDIVAs.

trade value:
    LeGOAT = 200%
    KKuzma = +80% (cheap, long contract and healthy)
    1st round draft pick = +60% (if it is 9th or 10th)
    JHart = +40% (cheap, long contract buth bad knees)
    LOSERBall = ZERO (expensive, long contract and injured)
    BIngram = -25% (possible career ending blood clot illness)

GMEJohnson does not have too many assets except for LeBest Player in DaWorld. no wonder, KLeonard is mum about the postgame comment from LeCHOKE.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator

One Shining Moment: LA Lakers 2018-19 version :lol: 
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wooooh go D'Lo!

Dapat i-re-title nila yung nba 2k19 ng "LOAD MANAGEMENT" the game!
    It's another sad sad, day for the dedicated brontards, espn, yahoo, abs-cbn and the rest of the media world.

It's going to be even sadder if during the playoffs and the finals, the media brontards will still talk about their loser idol kahit tanggal na siya. It's going to be very hard for the biased media brontards not to talk about him as it will be mission impossible for them. :loser:
    The Lakers have been officially eliminated from playoff contention

lie low muna dito. tapusin natin yun season sa LaBron Lakers Thread.

para may konsuwelo naman yun mga LeBronTards sa bagong thread na ito.

the LaLaLand fireworks will start at the draft.

lie low muna dito. tapusin natin yun season sa LaBron Lakers Thread.

para may konsuwelo naman yun mga LeBronTards sa bagong thread na ito.

the LaLaLand fireworks will start at the draft.
    problem is puno na yung previous thread :lol: paconsuelo na nga di na sinama yung idol nila sa thread title, baka sakaling makatanggal malas at maging team yung Lakers na hindi puro me me me, stats, drama, cry for help, excuses, etc :lol: 
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    I'm surprised we are only officially eliminated today. :lol:
    Jess24 said:
    I'm surprised we are only officially eliminated today. :lol:
    officially eliminated today but quit from competing a long time ago :lol: 
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    I dont have a very positive outlook in the summer of this season in terms of signing people who will really help this team forward. Let's be honest, the Lakers are a sh*th0le right now, and even if they have a decent amount of money to throw around, it's that constant toxic environment reminiscent of the weeks and days leading to the trade deadline this year which will be a huge turn-off for free agents.

Magic and Rob need to rethink their strategies. They were not only eliminated from the 2019 Playoffs, they are also still on course to finish the season with an even worse record than LAST YEAR. Yeah, think about that. This team is currently no better than last year's team that featured only 2 has-been All Stars (Luol Deng and Brook Lopez) and only 2 bench guys with championship experience (Andrew Bogut and Channing Frye). Shocking :lol:

I know that the realistic expectations were not really very high from the get-go, but not being any better than the 35-47 team last year with only 10 games left to play this season is just utter disaster. 
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Crazy to think that the Clippers might still be the better LA team for the foreseeable future.
  • AverahamAveraham Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Kaya wala ako bilib talaga jan kay lebron eh, kita niyo naman galawan niya ngayon season, haaayyyss... gsw talaga consistent na magaling..... lebron still loser..... btw dallas fan pala ako since 2006 at hindi tulad jan sa ibang nba fan na tsaka lang fan twing finals

edited March 24
    Crazy to think that the Clippers might still be the better LA team for the foreseeable future.
    LAClipper GMMWinger >>> better >>> LALakers GMEJohnson.

List of transactions by LAClippers:
    020719 - traded for MMuscala for IZubac
    020719 - waived MGortat
    020719 - waived MTeodosic
    020719 - traded ABradley for GTemple/JMGreen
    020719 - traded MBealsey for MMuscala
    020619 - traded THarris/BMarjanovic/MScott for MMuscala/LShampet/WChandler
    101518 - waived AAJinca
    101518 - traded WJohnson for AAjinca
    101518 - waived JEvans
    101518 - waived DRodriguez

List of transactions by LALakers:
    032119 - signed SMachado 10-day contract
    031119 - signed AIngram 10-day contract
    020719 - traded MMuscala for IZubac/MBeasley
    020619 - traded SMykhailiuk for RBullock
    012819 - botched contract tampering for AnthonyDIVAs
    110718 - signed TChandler
    101918 - waived TWear
    101918 - signed JWilliams
    101518 - signed and waived SMachado
    100818 - waived JBerryII
    100818 - waived JCarroll
  • jazzperjazzper In Your Mind PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Very disappointing season for this team. Lakers fans thought upon signing lebron at least they will compete in the playoffs. 
    in the 2017-18 season, the Lakers were 8(W)-12(L) on their first 20 games.
    they were only 11(W)-9(L) on their first 20 games in the 2018-19 season.

adding LeBest Player in DaWorld was a slight improvement. it is a sign that they need to form a BIG3 because LeGOAT cant or wont carry this team.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file