Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Do you take food reviews seriously? Why? Why not?

magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    a big NO.

just look at the long list of flopped restaurants featured at Pop Talk, Taste Buddies and Kris TV. there are also those Magazine and Online reviews.

the problem here is nobody is keeping tab on the hyped restaurants that have closed their kitchens.

yun mga opismates ko mahilig dyan sa mga hyped restaurants. in 2016, i remember them quacking about the latest Japanese BGC resto only to keep mum after eating there because it only ripped their wallets dry. only one talked about it after they submitted their resignation papers in 2018.
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    as concensus, i would comsider, like Yelp or Tripadvisor's,

but blogs or single reviews, im skeptic. 
  • gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    edited March 2019 #4
    I do not but I'm happy for those food bloggers and reviews for getting the word out. 

It is subjective. Their taste is not my taste. I tend to look at pictures more. 

I value their food source, business' sustainability (Something that is definitely lacking in the establishments in Metro Manila so it's hard to pick a decent restaurant there) and ambiance (almost everything is superficial and cheap looking).  
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited March 2019 #5
    that is the only good thing about blogs and reviews. it is a heads up in a mine field that there is a new restaurant in town.

the only problem is most are red flags.

but have you seen the KL Foodie blogs or FB page. they dont only feature new Malaysia, Thai, Singaporean and Viet restaurants but the long running Mom & Pop establishment and hawkers specializing on traditional foods. most of these M&P are like our carenderias. you wont see that in most and if not all of the Filipino food reviews.

i wish these Filipino food reviewers would feature the long running carenderias offering specialties like were to go to find the best fried duck, kaldertang kambing, bopis or dinuguan at puto.

most Filipino food reviewers are paid hack or social media LIKE magnets.
  • yellowumbrella03yellowumbrella03 PEx Rookie ⭐
    magnabash said:
    i like to get ideas from several food review posts then see for myself kung tama nga yung review or not. minsan kse subjective din sila e
  • coccomomoacoccomomoa PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Not really until I experience it myself. 
  • NalaGidaNalaGida PEx Rookie ⭐
    I do consider these as a factor however, I am more inclined towards reviews and recommendations from friends and family as I would trust them more. Also, the presence of sponsored partnerships plays a significant factor as to why I'm quite hesitant when it comes to blog reviews and the like 
    nikkilove said:
    as concensus, i would comsider, like Yelp or Tripadvisor's,

but blogs or single reviews, im skeptic. 
    Right :) I do read Tripadvisor's also.
    a big NO.

just look at the long list of flopped restaurants featured at Pop Talk, Taste Buddies and Kris TV. there are also those Magazine and Online reviews.

the problem here is nobody is keeping tab on the hyped restaurants that have closed their kitchens.

yun mga opismates ko mahilig dyan sa mga hyped restaurants. in 2016, i remember them quacking about the latest Japanese BGC resto only to keep mum after eating there because it only ripped their wallets dry. only one talked about it after they submitted their resignation papers in 2018.
    Totally right.  :) Yung iba di na masarap mahal pa :(