COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

FIBA Basketball World Cup China 2019

Comments

• Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    tremble wrote: »
    bakit wala si CS? hindi ba siya eligible?

Anjan na kasi si Blatche...
  • boybaldogboybaldog Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    For Me
    C - Blatche, Fajardo
    PF - Aguilar, Almazan
    SF - Rosario, Maliksi, Norwood
    SG - Wright, Pogoy
    PG - Castro, Romeo, Ravena
  • cb36cb36 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My Gilas Final 12 line up:
    C-Blatche,Fajardo
    PF-Aguilar,Almazan
    SF-Norwood,Abueva,Rosario
    SG-Wright,Pogoy
    PG-Castro,Romeo,Ravena

Sorry pero di ko pa rin maintindihan kung bakit natin ipinipilit si Maliksi sa line up.Nothing against him pero di sya pupwede sa international competion.He lacks team play and he is a volume shooter plus his defense and hustle are questionable specially against taller opponents.I rather see Calvin Abueva take his spot.We need the physicality,grit and hustle of Abueva.Plus the fact that he can play rugged defense and getting into the skin of the opponents.We have enough shooters naman to compliment the game of Blatche and Fajardo.
  • darknight10darknight10 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Castro - 1
    Romeo - 1/2
    Ravena - 1/2
    Wright - 2/3
    Pogoy - 2/3
    Norwood - 3
    CBC - 3/4
    Rosario - 4/3
    Almazan - 4
    Aguilar - 4/5
    Fajardo - 5/4
    Blatche - 5
    --
    Romeo plays best when he comes off the bench. Will be the focal point of our offense when Castro and Blatche sits down.

I'd rather see Fajardo playing 5 than forcing him to play with Blatche. Run plays for him similar to SMB's. Hopefully the opponents' backup bigs would be easier for our 4-time MVP.

Aguilar has vastly improved in everything after his 2013 Gilas stint. I hope Chot feels the same way. I'd hate to see him being the 11th man for the team again. He's a legit starter by now.

I'd favor CBC over Abueva because CBC is a threat from the outside. I know Abueva is all about puso and all that but I don't think we can tolerate his bad side - given the talents available. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it in the lineup though. Maliksi is another option. It doesn't hurt to have too many shooters.

With Jalalon injured, I think this should be Ravena's time to join the big boys. Rosario is the first graduate from cadets, followed by CBC, Pogoy, and Wright. It's time for Ravena to join the list. Also shows the Cadets program to be successful.
  • Castro - 1
    Romeo - 1/2
    Ravena - 1/2
    Wright - 2/3
    Pogoy - 2/3
    Norwood - 3
    CBC - 3/4
    Rosario - 4/3
    Almazan - 4
    Aguilar - 4/5
    Fajardo - 5/4
    Blatche - 5

Good choice. I would love to see this line up and how they would compete with AUS. Not excited with JMF though, as I have already lowered my expectation towards him playing in international scene. Almazan would probably surprise a lot of people here. He'll be one of those surprises together with CBC. Also, its interesting to know that teams are allowed to change its 12 man line up giving us the privilege to tap either Blatche or CSTAN. Any updates with Austin's naturalization process?
  • IshmaelMIshmaelM Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    If JF is healthy and doing well in practice I will not include Almazan anymore. Almazan is limited offensively now so he is strictly a 5 now. Besides we have Troy, who should be tall and athletic enough to play PF vs JP.
  • IshmaelM wrote: »
    If JF is healthy and doing well in practice I will not include Almazan anymore. Almazan is limited offensively now so he is strictly a 5 now. Besides we have Troy, who should be tall and athletic enough to play PF vs JP.

Sorry to disagree. I think, its the other way around. JMF is limited at the post, while Almazan can certainly knock it down from way out aside from his ability to put the ball on the floor. You can go big with Blatche, Almazan, Troy/Norwood, Wright/Pogoy, Castro/Ravena. This line up can give you a lot of things. They can run, shoot from the outside and play defense. Fits well for chot's dribble drive offense. JMF even if he's healthy is way too slow for international competition. The dimensions of his game sits well in the paint where you can have the likes of Davis, Takeuchi, and the likes of Humphries, Hodgson and Andersen going against him.
  • Anjan na kasi si Blatche...

Sir, aren't we allowed to change line up? How often can we do it? Maybe we can use CSTAN and Blatche depending on the situation?
  • BestintheworldWJBestintheworldWJ best Pexer ever! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sorry to disagree. I think, its the other way around. JMF is limited at the post, while Almazan can certainly knock it down from way out aside from his ability to put the ball on the floor. You can go big with Blatche, Almazan, Troy/Norwood, Wright/Pogoy, Castro/Ravena. This line up can give you a lot of things. They can run, shoot from the outside and play defense. Fits well for chot's dribble drive offense. JMF even if he's healthy is way too slow for international competition. The dimensions of his game sits well in the paint where you can have the likes of Davis, Takeuchi, and the likes of Humphries, Hodgson and Andersen going against him.

I want Junmar para makasabay tayo sa Australia lalamunin lang ng boomers si Almazan inside and out.

Junemar should be the center tapos 4 spot si Andrei then 3 spot si Troy 2 si gabe and 1 si Jayson. Lage natin tignan yung team to beat kasi sa World fiba, yan team to beat ng Asia e kakainin lang sa world so dapat yung team to beat ang sasabayan natin sa Line up - IMO
  • I want Junmar para makasabay tayo sa Australia lalamunin lang ng boomers si Almazan inside and out.

Junemar should be the center tapos 4 spot si Andrei then 3 spot si Troy 2 si gabe and 1 si Jayson. Lage natin tignan yung team to beat kasi sa World fiba, yan team to beat ng Asia e kakainin lang sa world so dapat yung team to beat ang sasabayan natin sa Line up - IMO

I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think na makakasabay si JMF sa bigs ng boomers. Those guys are as tall as him and more agile. JMF can't operate offensively as he is in the PBA neither do I think he can defend those guys with their speed and agility. I'm not saying na magiging halimaw si Almazan playing against them. But, I see him doing well than JMF. Not only against the AUS but with the other team as well. But we'll see, mahaba pa naman *** group stage.
  • RamonAngRamonAng Member PExer

JF is ineffective not in international Game but is ineffective in Chot's style of Play. I really hope Chot wont Pick Junmar kawawa yung tao siya na lang palagi tagasalo ng sisi kapag natatalo ang Gilas keso he is ineffective in international tournament. Do you honestly think Junmar will be ineffective if its Leo Ausrtia doing the coaching? Or Even Tim Cone who knows how to use bigs? Well sasabihin naman ng iba Autria's style wont work in International Tournamaent! my honest answer is yah maybe or maybe not who knows but one thing im sure, after the world cup where Junmar Give us our one and only win Chot's game is on a down hill. Madaling makalimot ang mga fans what did JF do in Senegal game when Blache fouled JF carry the team he took over Blache spot in a world CUP must win game! do you think Almazan can do that? Daming mga ingrato! you forgot na sa lahat ng Gilas player si JF ang pinaka bogbog? he played lang naman 2 finals game sa PBA meaning he played from start to Finsh in two freaking conf! sinong Gilas player ba who played more PBA games than JF? tapos nag Gilas pa!

I really wish Chot will drop JF so that his coaching style will finally be exposed! and when that time come wala na kayong JF na masisisi.
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 PEx Expert 🎖️
    Ang tanong in shape kaya si Dray. I dunno if you guys caught a glimpse of Dray in the recent Champions Cup. The guy pigged out again :lol:
  • IshmaelMIshmaelM Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Defensively I have no problem with Almazan internationally but did you see him on offense? He had dunks but did you see him make layups or jumpers? An injured JF had more moves than him. If Almazan does not expand his offensive repertoire he is no PF. Id rather have Troy, or if possible Erram, than him.
    I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think na makakasabay si JMF sa bigs ng boomers. Those guys are as tall as him and more agile. JMF can't operate offensively as he is in the PBA neither do I think he can defend those guys with their speed and agility. I'm not saying na magiging halimaw si Almazan playing against them. But, I see him doing well than JMF. Not only against the AUS but with the other team as well. But we'll see, mahaba pa naman *** group stage.

A healthy and not tired Junmar Fajardo did well in Senegal's more agile more athletic and more strong Bigs. When Andre fouled out JF basically took over and get the job done! Do you think Almazan will do a much better job if it was him taking over and not JF? tsk tsk...
  • RamonAng wrote: »
    JF is ineffective not in international Game but is ineffective in Chot's style of Play. I really hope Chot wont Pick Junmar kawawa yung tao siya na lang palagi tagasalo ng sisi kapag natatalo ang Gilas keso he is ineffective in international tournament. Do you honestly think Junmar will be ineffective if its Leo Ausrtia doing the coaching? Or Even Tim Cone who knows how to use bigs? Well sasabihin naman ng iba Autria's style wont work in International Tournamaent! my honest answer is yah maybe or maybe not who knows but one thing im sure, after the world cup where Junmar Give us our one and only win Chot's game is on a down hill. Madaling makalimot ang mga fans what did JF do in Senegal game when Blache fouled JF carry the team he took over Blache spot in a world CUP must win game! do you think Almazan can do that? Daming mga ingrato! you forgot na sa lahat ng Gilas player si JF ang pinaka bogbog? he played lang naman 2 finals game sa PBA meaning he played from start to Finsh in two freaking conf! sinong Gilas player ba who played more PBA games than JF? tapos nag Gilas pa!

I really wish Chot will drop JF so that his coaching style will finally be exposed! and when that time come wala na kayong JF na masisisi.

Haha! what an argument you have there. No one is taking out any credit from JMF with that win against Senegal. To be fair, but it's not only him. Jimmy played great during that game. And, in terms of playing twice in the finals. As far as my memory is concerned, it was SMCM who was playing in straight finals appearance and not SMB. (Baka 42nd Season sinasabi mo?). LoL! By the way, please have a constructive arguments. Masyado kang nagpapahalata na wala kang pinag aralan. peace!
  • BestintheworldWJBestintheworldWJ best Pexer ever! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wala sa NBL KBL and CBA si blatche wala din sa Euro, Germany at sa boomers wala din so wag na natin asahan to malamang wala nanaman sa condition to, iba yung in game talaga yun conditioning mo e.
    Haha! what an argument you have there. No one is taking out any credit from JMF with that win against Senegal. To be fair, but it's not only him. Jimmy played great during that game. And, in terms of playing twice in the finals. As far as my memory is concerned, it was SMCM who was playing in straight finals appearance and not SMB. (Baka 42nd Season sinasabi mo?). LoL! By the way, please have a constructive arguments. Masyado kang nagpapahalata na wala kang pinag aralan. peace!

LOL simple lang naman argument ko. Sinabi mo di kakayanin ni JF ang more agile more athletic More Strong International Bigs sabi mo Almazan can do a much better job. Kaya tanong ko di ba kinaya ni JF ang the Best African Bigs? They are more agile more athletic di ba nya kinaya? Sa tingin mo kung si Alamazan yun vs. Senegal mas maganada pa maipapakita nya sa ipinakita ni JF? sino kaya ngayun ang walang pinag aralan?

after world cup yung ibang game ni JF di na maganda injured po kasi yung mama at pagod as i said he played more games than any other Gilas member 4 straight MVP nga eh! several Finals along the way.
  • McQueen_95McQueen_95 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    allowed ba to tweak your lineup on a per game basis as long as kasama sa pool or yung final 12 na yung lalaro sa buong qualifiers para kung sino yung player na mas fit on a certain opponent siya yung lalaro
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 PEx Expert 🎖️
    McQueen_95 wrote: »
    allowed ba to tweak your lineup on a per game basis as long as kasama sa pool or yung final 12 na yung lalaro sa buong qualifiers para kung sino yung player na mas fit on a certain opponent siya yung lalaro

yan din ang gusto ko i-clarify kase may mga nababasa ako na iba ibang lineups at naturalized players ang sina-suggest depende kung home or away. Although logically dapat lang naman na 12 players + 2 to 3 alternates lang ang nasa final roster.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Ang alam ko, the 12 players to be selected would be good for one window. That means since we're not playing Australia yet this November, we can afford to go "small" by having an Abueva instead of an Almazan. But in the next window, when we have Australia in the mix, then we can change the composition of the team provided they're part of the 24-man pool originally submitted.

But I may be mistaken. The one thing going on in my mind is that while Blatche may be available this November, he may not be around on February or June. Would CS or Isaac Austin be necessary by then? If so, shouldn't they be included in the 24-man list as well?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file