COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

Where Atheists get their Morals

Comments

• AgapitoAgapito Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It is really difficult to find rational religious scholars nowadays. Most of them are nut jobs, it's unbelievable.

It's amazing their congregation actually sends these types of people to serve as their preachers.

The past few months, some of the few rational religious scholars i've met were Muslims. And i had a grasp on where they are coming from with regards to various issues about Islam.

With Christianity, so many cults are sprouting around like mushrooms. Their manner of devotion to their doctrine, is almost bordering to that of autism. Which really makes Religion a very dangerous tool or instrument to be introduced to someone who is mentally unstable.
  • KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Agapito said:

I am not of this world so you won't understand me.

So you are not of this world. In "your" world where you came from, what language do you speak there? Wookie?

John 15:19
    New International Version
    If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Matthew 10:22
    You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

logitext said:
    logitext said:

Yes, I can quit my job but I wouldn't want to because I'm also a slave of mortgage, loans, financial commitments and household expenses.

Having a mortgage is your own choosing. If you don't like it anymore just sell your house and go rent an apartment. Or go back to the Philippines and squat. Stop comparing it to African slavery where black people had no rights. Its just plain stupid.

Where are you from? Planet Moron?

I'm from where it is proclaimed that unbelievers are fools and will be condemned :D
  • AgapitoAgapito Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It is true then, that Religion is the opium of the masses. It really is more powerful than marijuana.
  • twirkilaykdalinaytwirkilaykdalinay Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    logitext said:
    KidlatNgayon said:
    I'm from where it is proclaimed that unbelievers are fools and will be condemned :D
    Agapito said:
    It is true then, that Religion is the opium of the masses. It really is more powerful than marijuana.

• TrollmeisterTrollmeister B?nned for trolling PEX PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Agapito said:
    Puet  naman ang opium ng mga Bakla!   :rofl:   

logitext said:
    KidlatNgayon said:
    Agapito said:

What you said can be presumed about all false religions as there is ONLY ONE TRUE RELIGION which is going to be saved come Judgment Day. All of you are invited to join this religion! :)

www.incmedia.org
  • logitextlogitext PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    logitext said:
    logitext said:

Yes, I can quit my job but I wouldn't want to because I'm also a slave of mortgage, loans, financial commitments and household expenses.

Having a mortgage is your own choosing. If you don't like it anymore just sell your house and go rent an apartment. Or go back to the Philippines and squat. Stop comparing it to African slavery where black people had no rights. Its just plain stupid.

Only the bigot from Planet Moron would insist on such nonsense.
    logitext said:
    logitext said:
    logitext said:

That is God's proclamation. You don't believe in God so don't be mad! :lol:
    logitext said:
    logitext said:
    logitext said:

That is God's proclamation. You don't believe in God so don't be mad! :lol:

Good, you know atheists dont believe in God. So what are you doing in an atheist threat trying to insult us with that garbage? Stick with the topic.
    :lol: Why are you insulted if you do not care about what the bible says? And where exactly do you get your morals if you can't even answer POLITELY??? :D

So is this thread now only between you atheists to let each other know where you get your morals? 
    :lol: Why are you insulted if you do not care about what the bible says? And where exactly do you get your morals if you can't even answer POLITELY??? :D

So is this thread now only between you atheists to let each other know where you get your morals? 

Apologies, your claim of being from another world is just too funny. I cant resist coming up with a reply at your expense. ;)

And no, no insults taken. 
  • ElCidElCid Roman Catholic PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    They got it from us theist basically and then they tried to own it lol.
    ElCid said:
    They got it from us theist basically and then they tried to own it lol.

Care to show some examples of specifically theistic moral values that atheists adopted from you.
    edited March 5
    Where Christians would say "Dont steal because its against the 10 commandments of God", atheists would say "Dont steal because its unfair. How would you feel if someone steals from you?"

It would be infantile for Christians to take credit for this, since this value is fundamental to being human regardless of religious belief.

Values like respect, justice, and honesty. Was religion necessary to realize these? NO.  Quite the contrary. Christians and Muslims struggle with some of these values.
    logitext said:
    Where Christians would say "Dont steal because its against the 10 commandments of God", atheists would say "Dont steal because its unfair. How would you feel if someone steals from you?"

It would be infantile for Christians to take credit for this, since this value is fundamental to being human regardless of religious belief.

Values like respect, justice, and honesty. Was religion necessary to realize these? NO.  Quite the contrary. Christians and Muslims struggle with some of these values.
    And when did you atheist start thinking that "stealing is unfair", where and how did you realize that? Did the monkeys think about that before they became human? :lol:

How did we, believers, got to know that?

2 timothy 3:15 From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

When will you atheists ever learn that nothing comes from nothing? If your idea of "stealing is unfair" came from something - what is that something? :lol: 
    edited March 5
    logitext said:

And when did you atheist start thinking that "stealing is unfair", where and how did you realize that? Did the monkeys think about that before they became human? :lol:

How did we, believers, got to know that?

2 timothy 3:15 From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

When will you atheists ever learn that nothing comes from nothing? If your idea of "stealing is unfair" came from something - what is that something? :lol: 

It came from our feelings. Morality and values are mostly about human emotion. Rational thinking play a smaller role.

What about you, how do you know slavery is wrong even though your bible allows its?

If 5 people are about to die, but you have the option of saving 2 or 3 people, would you save 2 people or would you save 3 people? Why? Did the bible give you instruction on how to decide on this?
    So it came from your own opinion! You think so highly of yourself, you think you have wisdom when you don't. If all atheists are like you - this is the conclusion: Atheists think highly of themselves and they have wisdom based on their own opinion! :D 
    edited March 5
    So it came from your own opinion! You think so highly of yourself, you think you have wisdom when you don't. If all atheists are like you - this is the conclusion: Atheists think highly of themselves and they have wisdom based on their own opinion! :D 

Learn to listen, will you? I said feelings, emotion. Some studies suggest that morality is instinctive:

https://psychcentral.com/blog/is-morality-a-basic-instinct/

And would you please answer my questions?

What about you, how do you know slavery is wrong even though your bible allows its?

If 5 people are about to die, but you have the option of saving 2 or 3 people, would you save 2 people or would you save 3 people? Why? Did the bible give you instruction on how to decide on this?

Well, you're not a scientist, not a scholar and that reference you posted is not even remotely agreeing with what you said (your opinion)! :lol:

And again, God took His people away from slavery. Slavery came about because corrupt people who did not believe in God or who believe in false gods abuses good people. They will get their just desserts for that! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file