COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Bahay Ni Rizal At U.P. Diliman

jeganrrjeganrr Member ✭✭✭
Malaking kawalan ba sa isang Pinoy kung hindi manlang sya  nakapunta sa U.P.Diliman at sa Bahay ni Rizal sa Calamba Laguna?Kasi diba UP Diliman is considered as the best university in the Philippines? I mean kahit hindi ka mag-aral dun,basta makapunta ka manlang.Ganun rin sa bahay ni Rizal,kasi diba national hero natin yun.

Comments

• jeganrrjeganrr Member ✭✭✭
    jeganrr said:
    Malaking kawalan ba sa isang Pinoy kung hindi manlang sya  nakapunta sa U.P.Diliman at sa Bahay ni Rizal sa Calamba Laguna?Kasi diba UP Diliman is considered as the best university in the Philippines? I mean kahit hindi ka mag-aral dun,basta makapunta ka manlang.Ganun rin sa bahay ni Rizal,kasi diba national hero natin yun.
    I mean U.P. is best university in terms of academics.
    Sorry nagkamali ako ng tanong,this thread might be offensive to some people,you don't have to answer it.
  • KenClarkKenClark Member ✭✭✭
    Jose Rizal is NOT the national hero of the country.  Check your facts.
    UP is the National University. Correct! 

But it does not mean you're less of a person if you don't study there.
  • LJ_McKanasLJ_McKanas Member ✭✭
    I think UP is overrated, to be honest. I studied there for law and met the worst of the professors I could ever meet. Maybe the undergrad is better as my classmates tell me it's a whole lot of different. Guess, lawyers can twist rules after all.
  • pong_padourpong_padour Member ✭✭✭
    Marami akong kakilalang taga UP na bopols at di naging successful sa career nila. They can't even afford to go outside Philippines. With the exception of my elem classmate na matalino at achiever na talaga dati, di aktibista/KSP.
    She's now wealthy AF after she worked for an BPO Australian company in Philippines then started her own restaurant chains (Fiery Style).
    Marami rin mga isko na aktibista na nalilito na sa pinaglalaban nila. Mga kulang sa pansin ang ilang isko na akala mo naman sobrang inaapi.
    So a UP diploma is really not something to brag about IMHO. LOL
    KenClark said:
    UP is the National University. Correct! 

But it does not mean you're less of a person if you don't study there.
    No,it does not mean you're less of a person,kasi diba mas maraming mayayaman na nag-aaral sa Lasalle at Ateneo kaysa UP?I mean not saying porket mayaman ang isang tao superior sila in everything,but I mean superior sila financially.
  • donjuan0010donjuan0010 Member ✭✭✭
    Nakakahiya di pa rin ako nakakapunta sa bahay ni rizal. Ewan ko ba sa school namin bakit hindi kami nag field trip dun haha.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marami akong kakilalang taga UP na bopols at di naging successful sa career nila. They can't even afford to go outside Philippines. With the exception of my elem classmate na matalino at achiever na talaga dati, di aktibista/KSP.
    She's now wealthy AF after she worked for an BPO Australian company in Philippines then started her own restaurant chains (Fiery Style).
    Marami rin mga isko na aktibista na nalilito na sa pinaglalaban nila. Mga kulang sa pansin ang ilang isko na akala mo naman sobrang inaapi.
    Dapat talaga palitan ang screening process ng UP. Ang pondo nila ay galing sa buwis ng mga Filipino at nararapat lang na ang mga pumapasok diyan ay hindi lang matatalino kundi dapat may pagmamahal din sa bansa. What I mean may pagmamahal sa bansa, dapat ay (1) na-represent ang Pilipinas sa isang international competition at (2) regular volunteer sa kanilang local community. 

Sablay na UPCAT lang ang basehan.  
  • ameleensyameleensy Member ✭✭✭
    When I went to UP, I was "confused" because a third of my classmates were from exclusive high schools. The stereotype is definitely overwrought. I'm way too much of an overthinker to be swayed into serious activism, pero I grew conviction in UP. I saw the world as bigger than what I thought it was.

I don't get the animosity vs UP grads. Ganun din naman grads ng ibang univs. Marami din sablay, bopols, etc. But I'll say UP gives you training that you don't get in other univs. I say that based on my teaching experience (all private colleges/univs). Compared to when I was in UP, students in college now have it easy. 
  • LJ_McKanasLJ_McKanas Member ✭✭
    ^^Me too. I was so confused, shocked even, by the demographic profile of UP. 
    Kent_210 said:
    Dapat talaga palitan ang screening process ng UP. Ang pondo nila ay galing sa buwis ng mga Filipino at nararapat lang na ang mga pumapasok diyan ay hindi lang matatalino kundi dapat may pagmamahal din sa bansa. What I mean may pagmamahal sa bansa, dapat ay (1) na-represent ang Pilipinas sa isang international competition at (2) regular volunteer sa kanilang local community. 

Sablay na UPCAT lang ang basehan.  
    Lol! Bitter gourd. 

UP is designed to be as it is: the National University of the country. Being such, it is open to everyone regardless of financial status, political views, race/tribal affiliations, etc. UP should never discriminate. Therefore, its entrance exam should be need-blind. In short, the only basis to matriculate is someone's mental capacity, no more, no less. Hence, the UPCAT satisfies this.

Moreover, the fact that it is financed by the state is a sure argument for openness and INCLUSIVITY. It should be an area where the best of the best should converge in order to lessen the socio-economic divide that plague Filipino society. 
    ameleensy said:
    When I went to UP, I was "confused" because a third of my classmates were from exclusive high schools. The stereotype is definitely overwrought. I'm way too much of an overthinker to be swayed into serious activism, pero I grew conviction in UP. I saw the world as bigger than what I thought it was.

I don't get the animosity vs UP grads. Ganun din naman grads ng ibang univs. Marami din sablay, bopols, etc. But I'll say UP gives you training that you don't get in other univs. I say that based on my teaching experience (all private colleges/univs). Compared to when I was in UP, students in college now have it easy. 
    One word: BITTER    

:lol:   
    edited February 12
    kaya pala 500+ ang world ranking kasi purely academic lang ang basehan.

In top elite US universities, madaming criteria not only GPA and SAT but you also need to show your socio civic achievements. Then  may essay and panel interview.

Ganyan talaga sa Pinas, pababaan ng standards.
    Kent_210 said:

In top elite US universities, madaming criteria not only GPA and SAT but you also need to show your socio civic achievements. Then  may essay and panel interview.

Lol! Magbasa ka naman ng criteria ng THE. Kaya ka napagsasabihan na IGNORANT dahil hindi ka nag-iisip bago ka magpost. :lol:      

Ang pinag-uusapan dito ay admission criteria hindi criteria for university ranking. Magkaiba yun ID10T! :lol:      
    Hays, hindi makuha ang kontektso. Pre-school ba tong KenCLark na to? 

If your admission criteria is flawed, how can you employ a good system in a grand scheme?

As usual, pinatunayan mo lang naman na hindi ka talaga worth kausap dito. 

Infact nandidiri ako sa sarili ko just by responding to you LOL!
  • KenClark said:
    Kent_210 said:

Lol! Magbasa ka naman ng criteria ng THE. Kaya ka napagsasabihan na IGNORANT dahil hindi ka nag-iisip bago ka magpost. :lol:      

Ang pinag-uusapan dito ay admission criteria hindi criteria for university ranking. Magkaiba yun ID10T! :lol:      
    Kent_210 said:

If your admission criteria is flawed, how can you employ a good system in a grand scheme?

You're both wrong.
    edited February 12
    Kent_210 said:

Hindi daw ako makakuha ng CONTEXT? :lol:   Sino ba ang nag-brought up ng world ranking then connect sa admission ng UP? Of course, hindi ako. :lol: 

Isip-isip ka naman. Ay wala ka pala utak. :lol:        

Nakakadiri talaga IGNORANCE mo. Keep it up! :lol: 
    KenClark said:
    Kent_210 said:

Kent_210 said:

You're both wrong.
    Welcome back, alchem aka dickie aka @Bradd26.  Long time no post ah. :lol:   

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file