COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Metrobank Credit Card Users Thread IV

ehleesyanehleesyan PEx Moderator

Welcome to Metrobank Credit Card Users Thread IV

Credit Cards Line up as of January 2019

Previous Threads:
Metrobank Credit Card Users Thread III
Metrobank Credit Card Users Thread II
Metrobank Credit Card Users Thread

Comments

• ehleesyanehleesyan PEx Moderator
    edited February 1
    FAQs:

Credit Limit Increase (ICL / CLI)
    Q: How soon can I request for an ICL / CLI?
    A: Strictly, as per Metrobank CS, card MUST be at least 10 months old before requesting for a ICL/CLI.

Q: I just had an Auto ICL / CLI, can I request again for an increase?
    A: No. You must wait at least 6 months from the month/date of your recent increase.

Multiple Payment Fee
    A: Metrobank no longer charges multiple payment fee.

Consolidation of Credit Cards
    A: Metrobank does not consolidate credit cards. Consider it as cancellation.

Advancing of Payment for Cash2GO installment
    Sources: MBTC Cash2GO Terms and Condition
    A: Yes, accelerating or advancing your payment for Cash2GO is allowed. However, it is subject to a pre-termination fee of P550 or 5% of the installment principal balance, whichever is higher.

14. Should the cardholder accelerate the payment and cancels the installment contract with MCC, with or without advice, a pre-termination fee of P550 or 5% of the installment principal balance, whichever is higher, shall be billed to the cardholder. Any remaining balance (i.e. remaining principal amount based on Diminishing Balance computation and/or penalties, interest and other charges) shall be billed in the next statement cycle together with the applicable interest charge. 

(Feel free to contribute/correct FAQs to this thread by sending me a Private Message)
    edited January 28
    Help Links:

Use this official platforms of Metrobank for monitoring your Credit Cards.
    You may also pay your credit card and other cards using Metrobank Direct (if you have Savings account with them)

Metrobank Direct: https://personal.metrobankdirect.com/RetailInternetPortal/
    M Online: https://metrobankcard.com/
    Reserved slot 
    Reserved slot
    Reserved slot
  • Strong7PowerStrong7Power Member PEx Moderator
    Nagkaka-error po ba kayo sa M.ONLINE para sa Cash To Go?
    Nagkaka-error po ba kayo sa M.ONLINE para sa Cash To Go?
    Hi Master Strong

Kaka-avail ko lang ng CASH2GO kaninang 11:30 AM, wala naman problema at may approved agad pagka-submit ng OTP. Nasubukan mo na bang mag-clear CACHE? O di kaya'y gumamit ng ibang browser?
    MAG INGAT SA MGA KATULAD NA INVESTMENT SCAMS

LOOK: The SEC warns anew vs PAYSBOOK.

In a new advisory, regulators reveal "information" that members of the online investments scheme circulated photos of its officers appearing before the SEC "implying all of the company’s issues with the Commission have already been settled." #ConsumerNet

It reiterates that PAYSBOOK E-COMMERCE SYSTEM CO. LTD
    and/or PAYSBOOK E-COMMERCE SYSTEM CORPORATION never possess "nor have applied" for any license or authority to recruit or solicit investments from the public, despite an earlier warning last year.

Full advisory: SEC PAYSBOOK ADVISORY

For more information, call the SEC at (02)818-6337 or (02)818-6047

• newbie888newbie888
    edited January 29
    Good morning! I just want to share my insights on one of the credit cards in MCC’s current lineup -  the MCC Travel Visa Platinum. The bank recently issued me one a few weeks after reaching the World tier - i heard sobrang sulit daw yung triple rewards points nila when you go overseas. Every php 17 spent will be equivalent to 1 mile daw. Tapos unlike the World MC, the Travel Visa Plat has no limit sa pagredeem ng miles within a calendar year. 

Anyway, I wanted to have a firsthand experience of the triple rewards so I braced up for a quick winter trip.

Two weeks ago, I flew to Tokyo for a three-day break before going back to med school. Within my three-day adventure, I charged almost all of my expenses to my Travel Visa Plat  (i brought a 10,000 yen bill lang with me LOL, but i guess relatively sound naman yung reasoning behind this since very wide ang Visa/MC/JCB * not sure about AmEx* acceptance in Tokyo). Di ko namalayan umabot na sa Php 200k+ yung spend within my 3-day stay but happy naman, duly paid naman na po agad 🙏🏼 Paguwi ko, I expected only around 10,000 card points to reflect on my Travel Plat MSOA. Coz when I consulted the bank’s page re the card features, I got to know that the bonus rewards points from travels will be credited after two billing cycles from the travel dates pa. To my surprise, 33k+ na agad ang nagreflect! 

So ang nangyari:

(Php 226,000 net converted amount for overseas spend / 20) x 3 = 33,900 card points

tapos every 10,000 points, you get 4,000 airmiles. 

i requested for the conversion of 30,000 card points to 12,000 Kris Flyer miles last Friday lang, almost 11:50 pm pa yun .. today, nagpost na sha sa account :) 

ang nangyari, doon sa 200k spend, i got 12,000 miles and that’s approximately 1 mile for appx  every 17 pesos overseas spend. So ayun, gets ko na kung pano naging “every Php 17 gets you one mile for overseas, hotel, and airline spend.” 

this might be my main card for my future travels even if lower yung total foreign conversion fees/rates ng BPI visa signature (talo pa rin yung rates nila for mileage redemption compared to this card from MCC), not to mention na bumilis na ang metrobank magpost ng miles sa nominated account mo. It took three banking days lang. YES TO FREE FLIGHTS/FLIGHT UPGRADEs! 

.. anyway, sa may maganda pa pong diskarte on how to boost his Frequent Flier Membership Account, pa-share naman po! :) will be glad to follow suit po! :)
  • newbie888 said:
    Good morning! I just want to share my insights on one of the credit cards in MCC’s current lineup -  the MCC Travel Visa Platinum. The bank recently issued me one a few weeks after reaching the World tier - i heard sobrang sulit daw yung triple rewards points nila when you go overseas. Every php 17 spent will be equivalent to 1 mile daw. Tapos unlike the World MC, the Travel Visa Plat has no limit sa pagredeem ng miles within a calendar year. 

Anyway, I wanted to have a firsthand experience of the triple rewards so I braced up for a quick winter trip.

Two weeks ago, I flew to Tokyo for a three-day break before going back to med school. Within my three-day adventure, I charged almost all of my expenses to my Travel Visa Plat  (i brought a 10,000 yen bill lang with me LOL, but i guess relatively sound naman yung reasoning behind this since very wide ang Visa/MC/JCB * not sure about AmEx* acceptance in Tokyo). Di ko namalayan umabot na sa Php 200k+ yung spend within my 3-day stay but happy naman, duly paid naman na po agad 🙏🏼 Paguwi ko, I expected only around 10,000 card points to reflect on my Travel Plat MSOA. Coz when I consulted the bank’s page re the card features, I got to know that the bonus rewards points from travels will be credited after two billing cycles from the travel dates pa. To my surprise, 33k+ na agad ang nagreflect! 

So ang nangyari:

(Php 226,000 net converted amount for overseas spend / 20) x 3 = 33,900 card points

tapos every 10,000 points, you get 4,000 airmiles. 

i requested for the conversion of 30,000 card points to 12,000 Kris Flyer miles last Friday lang, almost 11:50 pm pa yun .. today, nagpost na sha sa account :) 

ang nangyari, doon sa 200k spend, i got 12,000 miles and that’s approximately 1 mile for appx  every 17 pesos overseas spend. So ayun, gets ko na kung pano naging “every Php 17 gets you one mile for overseas, hotel, and airline spend.” 

this might be my main card for my future travels even if lower yung total foreign conversion fees/rates ng BPI visa signature (talo pa rin yung rates nila for mileage redemption compared to this card from MCC), not to mention na bumilis na ang metrobank magpost ng miles sa nominated account mo. It took three banking days lang. YES TO FREE FLIGHTS/FLIGHT UPGRADEs! 

.. anyway, sa may maganda pa pong diskarte on how to boost his Frequent Flier Membership Account, pa-share naman po! :) will be glad to follow suit po! :)
    This sounds very interesting to me. Anyway, were you able to explore how much you spent in excess dahil sa higher foreign transaction fee ng MB? It would also be nice to factor this in, kasi baka yung higher miles ay parang binayaran mo lang din. Dun din sa question mo on how to boost FF miles, depende rin talaga yan sa program na habol mo. Hanggang GetGo at Mabuhay Miles pa lang kasi afford ko, pero nabo-boost ko by availing of various programs and promos na may bonus points during conversion.
  • newbie888newbie888
    edited January 30
    Hi @lanestolker ! :) for MCC, or at least for my recent spend, 2.5% yung total surcharge for forex (that includes the visa processing fee na po).

way better than citi’s or hsbc’s rates, but i heard EastWest has a really good rate din po altho hindi ganong enticing yung point earning rate nila. BPI din ok ang forex charges but ever since, i’ve been after the miles talaga. 

on my next visit to the Scandinavian countries, I will only bring my Travel Visa Plat and maybe my recently issued AmEx po..yung HSBC plat din has a really good point multiplier scheme but parang for some reason, mahal yung nagppost sa SOA na foreign transactions. i have yet to explore why this is so.
  • I called Metrobank today (around 8:20AM) and just to emphasize: it still took me a few minutes of waiting before I got connected to a CSR. A bit disappointed with the customer service (all banks get compared to how easy I get to talk to a CSR with BDO).

Second, I finally got my credit card approved yesterday. I applied around January 9, 2019 at the SM Supermarket booth at SM North EDSA. Now I just have to call back within 3-5 banking days since the bank still needs to prepare a physical card and the delivery. Overall it took 3 weeks to get a result.

Questions:

1. I applied for the Femme Visa card. Is it possible I'll get the card I had applied for or I get downgraded? Either way is okay with me actually.

2. Does Metrobank have standard cut-off dates across different cards/brands? (eg. all cards have either 14th and 22nd as cut-off lang)

3. If ever, can I request to have my cut-off date changed free of charge? (UnionBank does it for free, Security Bank charges PHP 2,000 for platinum)

• Clarification re Cash to Go: I compared the rate based on the Cash to Go calculator on the Metobank website and the rates posted by BDO.

It seems like mas malaki pa din ang patong ng Metrobank vs BDO?

via BDO factor rate per month total amt to be paid
                      20,000.00 0.092137              1,842.74                        22,112.88
     via Metrobank  factor rate per month total amt to be paid
                      20,000.00 0.093233              1,864.67                        22,376.00
    batdog said:
    Clarification re Cash to Go: I compared the rate based on the Cash to Go calculator on the Metobank website and the rates posted by BDO.

It seems like mas malaki pa din ang patong ng Metrobank vs BDO?

via BDO factor rate per month total amt to be paid
                      20,000.00 0.092137              1,842.74                        22,112.88
     via Metrobank  factor rate per month total amt to be paid
                      20,000.00 0.093233              1,864.67                        22,376.00
    Ilan % rate with BDO?
    Ilang months yan?

Here's a screenshot ng 20k in 12 months with Metrobank online (0.89%)

Yung nasa website is at 0.99% rate.

batdog said:
    I called Metrobank today (around 8:20AM) and just to emphasize: it still took me a few minutes of waiting before I got connected to a CSR. A bit disappointed with the customer service (all banks get compared to how easy I get to talk to a CSR with BDO).

Second, I finally got my credit card approved yesterday. I applied around January 9, 2019 at the SM Supermarket booth at SM North EDSA. Now I just have to call back within 3-5 banking days since the bank still needs to prepare a physical card and the delivery. Overall it took 3 weeks to get a result.

Questions:

1. I applied for the Femme Visa card. Is it possible I'll get the card I had applied for or I get downgraded? Either way is okay with me actually.

2. Does Metrobank have standard cut-off dates across different cards/brands? (eg. all cards have either 14th and 22nd as cut-off lang)

3. If ever, can I request to have my cut-off date changed free of charge? (UnionBank does it for free, Security Bank charges PHP 2,000 for platinum)

1. Depends if you allowed Metrobank to issue you a different card in case you are not qualified for the card you applied for.
  • Ele0203Ele0203 Member ✭✭✭
    newbie888 said:
    Hi @lanestolker ! :) for MCC, or at least for my recent spend, 2.5% yung total surcharge for forex (that includes the visa processing fee na po).

way better than citi’s or hsbc’s rates, but i heard EastWest has a really good rate din po altho hindi ganong enticing yung point earning rate nila. BPI din ok ang forex charges but ever since, i’ve been after the miles talaga. 

on my next visit to the Scandinavian countries, I will only bring my Travel Visa Plat and maybe my recently issued AmEx po..yung HSBC plat din has a really good point multiplier scheme but parang for some reason, mahal yung nagppost sa SOA na foreign transactions. i have yet to explore why this is so.
    Nice! Yung pasalubong namin ha. 😁 Ingat palagi sa pag biyahe.
  • discotechdiscotech Member ✭✭
    Has anyone tried converting their MCC secured card to regular? How was the process/timeline and what was your card tenure?
  • I'm back reading the previous Metrobank thread and mayroon isa nag kwento na inabot ng 5 months yung embossing and delivery of the card.

Ganoon pa din ba situation kay Metrobank? Pasay City lang naman ang office address ko na indicated for delivery. 
    batdog said:
    I'm back reading the previous Metrobank thread and mayroon isa nag kwento na inabot ng 5 months yung embossing and delivery of the card.

Ganoon pa din ba situation kay Metrobank? Pasay City lang naman ang office address ko na indicated for delivery. 
    What year/month yun?
  • ehleesyan said:
    batdog said:
    I'm back reading the previous Metrobank thread and mayroon isa nag kwento na inabot ng 5 months yung embossing and delivery of the card.

What year/month yun?
    January 2018. Although wala na ako makita similar concerns from the date of approval to sched ng delivery. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file