GMA Network: THE BETTER WOMAN

kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter ✭✭✭

The Better Woman.      

Comments

• kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter ✭✭✭
    outburn07 said:
    Its been a while. So many things changed since my last visit. I can't even remember my password from my previous account. Anyway, here's an idea on what to expect from GMA for 3Q 4Q and early 2020. They wanted to prepare early this time. And guess what, one of the execs finally had the guts to go against the HEAD. Note that most of these shows are still under development but already been approved for initial casting, budget planning and viewer temperature testing. Things might still change but at least, you will have an idea on what to expect. 

THE APPROVED 

Starstruck 7: Target judges are Heart Evangelista, Louie Ignacio and JLC if GMA can adjust with the demands of JLC's new management team.  HOSTS: Tom R and Megan Young. 

The Other Woman: Supposed to be a comeback series for Rhian and Glaiza. However, Lovi and Andrea Torress might get this with Derek Ramsey. 

UPCOMING SHOWS [under development]

Adonis: This is one of the rejected series for Alden. Very risky concept about a former Macho Dancer who will eventually become a Soldier. This time, management might give the role to RURU Madrid Instead. 

Milagrosa: ECG might give Rita Daniela her own TV series after MST. This is a rehash version of the series originally planned for Sheena Halili years ago. 

Captain Manila/Super Manila: Original superheroine serye. GMA wants to preempt the DARNA movie.  Role might go to WynWyn Marquez. Other choices: Kim Domingo and Sanya Lopez. Will still depend if Wynwyn decides to join a pageant this year. 

My Millennial Mom: Jean Garcia and Kate Valdez. Think Freaky Friday with body switch plot. 

Star Section: Kinda like First Time. School drama with Jillian Ward and Will Ashley. 

Gabbi Garcia-Derrick Monasterio Series:  The story will revolve around OFWs in London. Cast will stay in London for several weeks if plans pushes through. 

Series for Alden: Period drama about a movie actor from the 1950's who will fall in love with a woman from the future.  Leading lady role might go to Jasmine Curtis or a Kapamilya Actress. 

Bitoy Serye: GMA is trying to convince bitoy to finally star in a full pledged comedy teleserye. If bitoy won't accept the role, they are considering Jose Manalo to takeover. 

Tatlong Maria: GMA will still push for a sibling sister rivalry inspired series with Heart Evangelista, Arra San Agustin and a newbie. 

REMAKES 

DOTS: GMA is trying to get a BIG ACTRESS from the other network but they also have to extend the budget for the show because they need to buy the contract if they really push for HER. 

Wanted Perfect Mother: Carla and Zoren or A kapamilya actor. 

Majika: Not a direct remake but a story about SABINA's daughter. Mikee Quintos or launching soap for Pauline Mendoza 

Will post more updates soon... 

DEREK RAMSAY TO BE PARTNERED WITH ANDREA TORRES IN HIS FIRST KAPUSO SERIES

SHARES
    • Does this project prove that Derek Ramsay is officially transferring to the GMA Network?
    • Derek Ramsay is speculated to have a TV series together with the Kapuso Network actress Andrea Torres
    • Andrea Torres and Derek Ramsay will work together in a Kapuso Network upcoming television series

Derek Ramsay and Andre Torres, two artists that are known for their daring roles and sexy features, are said to star in an upcoming GMA Network television series.

Though Derek has not yet officially signed a contract with the Kapuso Network, he is already enjoined in a project together with Kapuso star Andrea Torres.

Joe Barrameda on his column in Abante said, “Hindi pa man pormal na nagkakapirmahan ng kontrata ay mag-uumpisa na agad ang taping ng isang teleserye na pagbibidahan nina Andrea Torres at Derek Ramsey. Kaya tuloy na tuloy ang paglipat ni Derek sa Kapuso Network.”

Derek was already anticipated to transfer networks when he revealed that he has campaign projects lined up. Although he assured that he would be seen on TV, he never confirmed or denied his rumored Network transfer to GMA Network.

This was in his previous press conference where he said, “Basta makikita niyo na lang ako sa TV. Bawal pa po ako magsalita. But soon you’ll see me on TV and I’m really excited about that. Sabi ko nga earlier, my plan for 2019, I was really focused to go pro and golf, I wanted to give that a go. But plans change and another blessing was given to me and, uh, I’m really excited about what’s gonna happen in 2019.”

Derek’s last television series was ‘Amo,’ a crime drama series, where he starred together with Vince Rillon, Allen Dizon, and Felix Roco. It was a story about a person involved in a drug operation, who runs behind the law and will have his family to cover his tracks. The series premiered on April 21, 2018 and ended on July 14, 2018 having only at least 13 episodes.

His transfer will surely make him one of the much anticipated new actors on the Kapuso Network and his speculated upcoming project will be a much-awaited series.

• iRebirthiRebirth **** ✭✭✭
    Great another Filipino show that extols the virtues of being a woman while condoning the weakness of man and refusing to hold him in the same standard. 
  • rayantambongrayantambong Member
    sinu bayang kate valdez nayan nung isang taon pa yan di pa mapasikat  =)
  • masyadong binibigyan ng importansya si derek. laos na naman at gurang na.

The Better Woman: Andrea Torres, bibinyagan si Derek Ramsay sa pagiging Kapuso!

Derek Ramsay

USAP-USAPAN na sa showbiz world ang napipintong pagpirma ni Derek Ramsay ng exclusive contract sa GMA-7. Ito bale ang magiging comeback ng aktor sa Kapuso network na once upon a time ay naging part ng Sunday noontime show na SOP. Iba pa ang screen name na gamit niya noon at sa hosting ito unang nakilala. Sa katunayan, may drama actress pa nga ito na nakarelasyon na lumalabas ngayon sa panghapong programa.

Hindi maipagkakaila na magiging dagdag na asset sa Kapuso network si Derek dahil hanggang ngayon ay marami pa rin itong endorsements at iba rin talaga kapag siya ang leading man sa mga proyekto. Dahil forte naman ni Derek ang mga sexy roles, dapat lang din naman na sexy din ang aktres na una niyang makakasama.

Last year ay may tsikang si Marian Rivera raw ang magiging leading lady niya sa kanyang first project. Ang kaso, Marian got pregnant with her second baby and she is due to give birth anytime soon.

Si Jennylyn Mercado naman na nakasama ni Derek sa dalawang pelikula ang hinulaan din ng mga fans. The thing is Jennylyn is set to star in a romance-comedy show with Gabby Concepcion na “Two Love You” na mapapanood na rin sa GMA Telebabad by April.

May tsika din na si Kim Domingo ang napipisil na unang bibinyag kay Derek bilang Kapuso. Ang latest chika ay si Andrea Torres na ang final na makakasama ni Derek sa upcoming sexy-drama na ‘The Better Woman’.

Andrea Torres

Yes, si Andrea Torres na maganda, walang kiyeme sa pagpapaseksi at paggawa ng kahit anong eksena.

Good choice for us si Andrea dahil sa totoo lang, we’re wondering why up to now ay wala pa rin itong launching movie lalo pa’t bentang-benta ang mga teleserye niya sa ibang bansa at iba rin ang hatak niya sa male fans. Nakapareha na rin niya sina Dingdong Dantes at Alden Richards sa TV shows at napagdaanan na rin niya ang mga bashings ng fandoms.

We hope that with The Better Woman ay ma-elevate lalo ang status ni Andrea Torres as a lead actress at maging bonggang TV comeback ito for Derek Ramsay. Excited na kami!

GUIDE

Derek Ramsay returns to GMA-7; gives credit to ABS-CBN, TV5

by Rachelle Siazon posted on April 3, 2019

IMAGE Noel Orsal / Screen Grab from Eat Bulaga!

Derek Ramsay vividly recalls how his showbiz career started in GMA-7's noontime show Eat Bulaga: "I got the confidence to be who I am now because of starting here in Eat Bulaga! and all those people in Eat Bulaga! sharing with me their talents to become a better host at the time."

Derek Ramsay is back to being a Kapuso.

The 42-year-old actor waxed nostalgic about how his showbiz career was first launched stint in the GMA-7 noontime show Eat Bulaga!

“It was weird kasi 2002 or 2003, first time ko pumasok sa building na ‘to. And every time, after that, I’ll be driving past.

“But now, I’m here. This is where I started.

"I got the confidence to be who I am now because of starting here in Eat Bulaga!, and all those people in Eat Bulaga! sharing with me their talents to become a better host at the time.

“Yung importante dun was they gave me confidence. Kasi nahihiya talaga ako sa harap ng camera."

Seen below is a screenshot of an Eat Bulaga! episode where Derek did spiels with Allan K and Dingdong Dantes at a remote location in Tagaytay. 

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW 

Here's another screenshot of Derek co-hosting with Phoemela Barranda for Eat Bulaga! back in the day: 

ABS-CBN AND TV5 DAYS

After his short hosting stint in Eat Bulaga!, Derek transferred to ABS-CBN and was honed as an actor from 2005 to 2010.

In 2012, he signed up with TV5 to host the sports-oriented show The Amazing Race Philippines. He stayed as an exclusive Kapatid star until his network contract expired early in 2018.

Derek, for his part, gave credit to ABS-CBN and TV5 for bringing out the best in him during his tenure with the respective TV stations.

“ABS-CBN gave me so much to better my skill as an actor. I honed my acting skills sa ABS-CBN with the projects they gave me—not just on TV but for the big screen.

“TV5 supported me. They gave me projects that were from who I am. I have so much respect for that.

“And all of that put together is who I am now.”

DEREK GETS WARM WELCOME IN GMA-7

With GMA-7, Derek assured the network bosses that he will give his “200 percent” in all the TV projects and films that will be entrusted to him.

“With all of that, I want to give GMA the best of Derek Ramsay.

“Because all that knowledge, all that experience, I wanna share that with the network where I started.”  

Derek had a solo presscon at the 17th Floor of GMA Network Center in Quezon City earlier today, April 3.

He went on to say that his initial talks with GMA bosses last year went so smoothly that he already knew from their very first meeting that he’d be signing up with the Kapuso Network.

“We had a great meeting. No negativity, walang siraan. It was just all positive conversations about who I am, what the plans are.

“I was honest enough with them. Siguro mga six or seven months na hindi ako nagtatrabaho, kasi hinahabol ko yung dream ko na maging professional golfer.

“My mind, my heart, everything was focused on that.

“And during those initial talks, they were patient enough to give me time to prepare mentally.”

GO SIGNAL FROM PARENTS

While he admittedly made “konting pakipot” during the negotiations, Derek recalled that his parents were convinced that he should accept GMA-7’s offer.

“When we left, ang gaan ng pakiramdam ko. Tapos yung una nagsalita, parents ko, na never happened before, usually ako lumalapit to ask for advice.

“The advice came right away. ‘You should do it, anak,’ sabi ng mommy ko.

“I learned with the mistakes in my past: always listen to my mom. Hahaha!”

Derek added, “Kidding aside, I told them, ‘Really? You guys think I should do this?’

“They’re like, ‘Yes. You most definitely should do this. It’s a perfect fit for you.’”

After receiving a warm welcome from the bosses and some of the biggest Kapuso stars who greeted him through a special AVP, Derek feels that this is the best time for him to be a Kapuso.

“Right now, I’m so happy with the decision I made. I feel like I made the right decision.”

Derek is slated to co-headline GMA-7's upcoming soap The Better Woman opposite Andrea Torres. They are scheduled to start taping on April 10. 

Read more at https://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/142268/derek-ramsay-returns-to-gma-7-gives-credit-to-abs-cbn-tv5-a716-20190403#R566HFOXgqpdIdKW.99
  • Sharp85Sharp85 #LoveOverHate ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10

Pagbibidahan nina Andrea Torres at Derek Ramsay ang bagong teleserye sa GMA Network na " The Better Woman ". Ito ang first teleserye na gagawin ni Derek Ramsay bilang isang bagong kapuso actor. Pumirma na ng exclusive contract si Derek Ramsay sa GMA Network. 

Soon !!!

Andrea Torres and Derek Ramsay 
    "The Better Woman "
     soon on GMA Network ❤

Derek Ramsay 

Welcome to GMA Network!
               Derek Ramsay!

Malapit na!!

• Sharp85Sharp85 #LoveOverHate ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    The Better Woman starring Andrea Torres and Derek Ramsay soon on GMA.

Andrea Torres and 
    Derek Ramsay 

Ang lakas ng onscreen chemistry nina Andrea Torres at Derek Ramsay. Right descision na pagtambalin silang dalawa. Magselos kaya ang girlfriend ni Derek dahil magiging madalas na ang pagkikita nina Andrea at Derek para sa taping ng The Better Woman.

Correct talagang itawag na Universal Leading Man kay Derek Ramsay.

Andrea Torres and Derek Ramsay at "The Better Woman" Story Conference 

Andrea Torres #TheBetterWoman

Andrea Torres 

Andrea Torres 
    #TheBetterWoman 
    #Soon on GMA 

Sharp85 said:
    The Better Woman starring Andrea Torres and Derek Ramsay soon on GMA.

Andrea Torres and 
    Derek Ramsay 

Ang lakas ng onscreen chemistry nina Andrea Torres at Derek Ramsay. Right descision na pagtambalin silang dalawa. Magselos kaya ang girlfriend ni Derek dahil magiging madalas na ang pagkikita nina Andrea at Derek para sa taping ng The Better Woman.

Correct talagang itawag na Universal Leading Man kay Derek Ramsay.

Andrea Torres and Derek Ramsay at "The Better Woman" Story Conference 

Andrea Torres #TheBetterWoman

Andrea Torres 

Andrea Torres 
    #TheBetterWoman 
    #Soon on GMA 

Hot tandem!!  

Derek Ramsay starts taping for his first GMA-7 series

by James Patrick Anarcon posted on May 15, 2019

IMAGE @ramsayderek07 on Instagram

Derek Ramsay starts taping for his first GMA-7 drama series, The Better Woman, with Andrea Torres as his leading lady.

Derek Ramsay has started taping for his first GMA-7 series, The Better Woman.

Last May 13, Derek posted on Instagram a behind-the-scenes photo of him with his leading lady, Andrea Torres.

It can be noticed that Andrea has bangs in her new hairstyle for the Kapuso series.

In Derek's caption, he thanked the teleserye's director, Mark Sicat dela Cruz.

Derek wrote, "Tnx for the photo @marksdelacruz Im so happy to be working with you again. #thebetterwoman #sisterneggy"

Prior to being a Kapuso director, Direk Mark used to be an assistant director in ABS-CBN TV shows.

Derek and Direk Mark worked together in the movie Trophy Wife (2014) and in ABS-CBN TV shows Magkaribal (2010) and The Wedding (2009).

Before starting their taping for the series, Andrea had her hair cut short.

According to Andrea in her April 12 Instagram post, this cut is her "shortest hair ever."

In another photo posted on April 25, Derek posed with Andrea and a baby who might be seen in the series.

He captioned the post, "Sorry guys but looks like @andreaetorres has a new leading man. I have been replaced #thebetterwoman"

The Better Woman is Derek's first project with GMA-7 after he signed an exclusive contract as a Kapuso last April 2019.

In this project, they will be joined by Ina Feleo, Frances Makil Ignacio, and Jaclyn Jose.

More details, including the airing date for The Better Woman, are yet to be announced.

The Better Woman is Derek's first teleserye after six years. His last teleserye was TV5's weekly drama show, For Love Or Money, starring Ritz Azul and Alice Dixson, shown in 2013.

Derek was also part of Brillante Mendoza's eight-part series, Amo, which was shown in Netflix and in TV5.

STORIES WE ARE TRACKING

Read more at https://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/143266/derek-ramsay-starts-taping-for-his-first-gma-7-series-a724-20190515#fmIiRCz3X4BTTAMz.99

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file