COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

How will my college school affect my chances at entering top medschools?

I made this account solely for this question so all replies are really appreciated. 

Right now, I am studying BS Nursing at Our Lady of Fatima University, top 1 of my batch, and if all goes well, I could graduate as Magna Cum Laude. I haven’t taken the NMAT because I am not yet a graduating student. Still, assuming I did have a high score, will I be accepted in a reputable medical school such as UPCM, PLM, etc.? I am not a manila resident if it matters. I was supposed to take my nursing degree in UST but I didn’t enroll because my family had financial issues at that time and could not afford letting me study there. Quite frankly, it really bothers me that a simple decision could possibly limit my education specially that my problem before no longer exists. I know that I am capable and hardworking but still how much does  prejudice about a medschool applicant’s college school affect his/her application? Again, all replies are appreciated.

Answers

• marblesmarbles Member ✭✭
    Your grades and extracurricular activities during college are more important than your school. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file