COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Charlie's Angels (2019)

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
edited April 13 in International Movies
pitch-perfect-2-image-elizabeth-banks

Director: Elizabeth Banks
Cast: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska 

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Image may contain 3 people outdoor

Image may contain 2 people people standing and indoor

Image may contain 8 people people standing and outdoor

Image may contain 2 people people smiling people standing and indoor

Image may contain 1 person sitting and closeup

In PH Cinemas Nov 13

edited June 27

“CHARLIE’S ANGELS” TRAILER REVEALS 

EMPOWERED WOMEN SECRET AGENTS

Join the secret sisterhood of agents. Watch the official trailer of Columbia Pictures’ new action-adventure Charlie’s Angels from director Elizabeth Banks and starring Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska.

In Banks’ bold vision, Stewart, Scott, and Balinska are working for the mysterious Charles Townsend, whose security and investigative agency has expanded internationally. With the world’s smartest, bravest, and most highly trained women all over the globe, there are now teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs everywhere. The screenplay is by Elizabeth Banks from a story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn.

The film also stars Elizabeth Banks as Bosley, Djimon Hounsou, Noah Centineo, Sam Claflin and Patrick Stewart.

In Philippine cinemas, November 13, Charlie’s Angels is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.  Use the hashtag #CharliesAngels

GET INSIDE THE SHOOT FOR CHARLIE’S ANGELS POSTERS

Columbia Pictures has just unveiled a Behind The Scenes video from the poster shoot of the upcoming action-adventure Charlie’s Angels.

Check out the video below and watch Charlie’s Angels in Philippine cinemas November 13.

Elizabeth Banks directs the next generation of Angels – Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska – working for the mysterious Charles Townsend. Charlie’s Angels have always provided security and investigative skills to private clients, and now the Townsend Agency has expanded internationally, with the smartest, most fearless, most highly trained women all over the globe – multiple teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs across the world.  When a young systems engineer blows the whistle on a dangerous technology, these Angels are called into action, putting their lives on the line to protect us all.

The screenplay is by Elizabeth Banks from a story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn.

The film also stars Elizabeth Banks as Bosley, Djimon Hounsou, Noah Centineo, Sam Claflin and Patrick Stewart.

Charlie’s Angels is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.  Use the hashtag #CharliesAngels

edited September 14

REPUBLIC RECORDS & SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT RELEASE “DON’T CALL ME ANGEL (CHARLIE’S ANGELS)” BY ARIANA GRANDE, MILEY CYRUS, & LANA DEL REY

OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR “DON’T CALL ME ANGEL (CHARLIE’S ANGELS)” OUT NOW

CHARLIE’S ANGELS (ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON NOVEMBER 1, 2019

When Charlie’s Angels hits theaters this November – for the first time in the entire history of the franchise, films and television, directed by a woman, Elizabeth Banks – the new Angels will move to the beat of Ariana GrandeMiley Cyrus, and Lana Del Rey as Republic Records and Sony Pictures Entertainment release their song “Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angels)” and the song’s official music video. The track, which features co-writing credits from all three of the artists, was recently featured in the film’s trailer and is the lead single from the upcoming Charlie’s Angels (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). The soundtrack is co-executive produced by Ariana Grande, Savan Kotecha, and Scooter Braun and will be available November 1, 2019 via Republic Records, two weeks prior to the films November 14, 2019 release.

Check out the official video of “Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angels)” 

Director Elizabeth Banks stated, “It was important to me to kick off Charlie’s Angels with a huge female-powered anthem driven by a big voice – but to get three of the biggest voices out there? It’s a dream come true! What Ariana, Miley and Lana have delivered surpasses even my high expectations. Their song is resonant and meaningful, and it kicks major @ss.”

“Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angels)” features three of the best voices in music who have joined forces to deliver this undeniably empowering, female-focused collaboration. “Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angels)” is written by Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Ilya Salmanzadeh, and Alma-Sofia Miettinen. Producers are Max Martin & ILYA for Max Martin Productions. The song was first teased in the movie’s official worldwide trailer earlier this year to a flood of speculation and excitement amongst media and fans. 

In Philippine cinemas November 13, Charlie’s Angels is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.  Use the hashtag #CharliesAngels

ABOUT CHARLIE’S ANGELS

Director Elizabeth Banks takes the helm as the next generation of fearless Charlie’s Angels take flight. In Banks’ bold vision, Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska are working for the mysterious Charles Townsend, whose security and investigative agency has expanded internationally. With the world’s smartest, bravest, and most highly trained women all over the globe, there are now teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs everywhere. The screenplay is by Elizabeth Banks from a story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn.

Directed by Elizabeth Banks. Screenplay by Elizabeth Banks. Story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn. Produced by Doug Belgrad, Elizabeth Cantillon, Max Handelman and Elizabeth Banks. Executive Producers are Matthew Hirsch, Leonard Goldberg, Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen. The film stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Elizabeth Banks, Djimon Hounsou, Sam Claflin, Noah Centineo and Patrick Stewart.

edited October 14
    NEXT GEN OF “CHARLIE’S ANGELS” KICK-A SS IN NEW TRAILER

Sworn to secrecy, bound by sisterhood. Check out the brand new trailer of Columbia Pictures’ new action adventure Charlie’s Angels and watch the film in Philippine cinemas November 13.  

Director Elizabeth Banks takes the helm as the next generation of fearless Charlie’s Angels take flight. In Banks’ bold vision, Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska are working for the mysterious Charles Townsend, whose security and investigative agency has expanded internationally. With the world’s smartest, bravest, and most highly trained women all over the globe, there are now teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs everywhere. The screenplay is by Elizabeth Banks from a story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn.

Executive Producers are Matthew Hirsch, Leonard Goldberg, Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen. The film stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Elizabeth Banks, Djimon Hounsou, Sam Claflin, Noah Centineo and Patrick Stewart.

Meanwhile, Republic Records and Sony Pictures Entertainment unlock October 11 the pre-order for the year’s biggest and most-anticipated soundtrack album, Charlie’s Angels (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). The star-studded tracklisting to the soundtrack has been revealed and includes four new songs from co-executive producer and Grammy-winner Ariana Grande. New Grande songs include another triple threat anthem “Bad To You” featuring Normani and Nicki Minaj, “Nobody” with the legendary Chaka Khan, “Got Her Own” with Victoria Monét as well as Grande’s own solo song “How I Look On You.” The soundtrack also includes tracks from Anitta and Danielle Bradbery as well as the infamous Donna Summer.

Upon pre-order of the soundtrack not only do fans receive an immediate download of the smash single “Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angels)” by Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, and Lana Del Rey, they also obtain an instant download of the brand-new track “How It’s Done” - Kash Doll, Kim Petras, ALMA, and Stefflon Don.

“Don’t Call Me Angel” exploded right out of the gate. It cranked out 70 million-plus Spotify streams and 90 million YouTube/VEVO views on the music video. In addition, it incited widespread critical acclaim with People describing it as “here to slay,” Entertainment Weekly proclaiming it “kick as s,” and New York Times positing it as “a feminine renunciation of the very conceit of women as angels.” It also soundtracks the latest film trailer today.

Charlie’s Angels is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International. 

REPUBLIC RECORDS & SONY PICTURES RELEASE CHARLIE’S ANGELS (ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK) TODAY

ALBUM FEATURES FIVE NEW SONGS FROM ARIANA GRANDE

CHARLIE’S ANGELS FILM OUT NOVEMBER 13th

Today, Republic Records and Sony Pictures Entertainment release the year’s biggest and most-anticipated album, Charlie’s Angels (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack).

Check out Charlie’s Angels (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) here

The blockbuster record features the runaway smash “Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angel)” by Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, and Lana Del Rey, “Pantera” by Anitta, and “How It’s Done” by Kash Doll, Kim Petras, ALMA, and Stefflon Don. Additionally, it boasts a total of five new songs from co-executive producer and Grammy®-winner Ariana Grande. These include another triple threat anthem “Bad To You” featuring Normani and Nicki Minaj, “Nobody” with the legendary Chaka Khan, and “Got Her Own” with Victoria Monét as well as Grande’s own solo song “How I Look On You.” The soundtrack also spans tracks from Danielle Bradbery, M-22, Arlissa, and Kiana Ledé as well as the unparalleled Donna Summer. See the full tracklisting below!

Charlie’s Angels (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    1. How It's Done – Kash Doll, Kim Petras, ALMA, Stefflon Don
    2. Bad To You – Ariana Grande, Normani, Nicki Minaj
    3. Don't Call Me Angel (Charlie's Angels) – Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey
    4. Eyes Off You – M-22, Arlissa, Kiana Ledé
    5. Bad Girls (Gigamesh Remix) - Donna Summer
    6. Nobody – Ariana Grande, Chaka Khan
    7. Pantera – Anitta
    8. How I Look On You - Ariana Grande
    9. Blackout – Danielle Bradbery
    10. Got Her Own - Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét
    11. Charlie's Angels Theme (Black Caviar Remix) – Jack Elliott, Allyn Ferguson

Co-executive produced by GrandeSavan Kotecha, and Scooter Braun the soundtrack leads up to the film’s November 15, 2019 release two weeks from today.

“Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angel)” exploded right out of the gate. It cranked out 104 million-plus Spotify streams and 98 million YouTube/VEVO views on the music video. In addition, it incited widespread critical acclaim with People describing it as “here to slay, Entertainment Weekly proclaiming it “kick *****, and New York Times positing it as “a feminine renunciation of the very conceit of women as angels.” It also soundtracks the latest film trailer today.

ABOUT CHARLIE’S ANGELS

Directed by Elizabeth Banks. Screenplay by Elizabeth Banks. Story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn. Produced by Doug Belgrad, Elizabeth Cantillon, Max Handelman and Elizabeth Banks. Executive Producers are Matthew Hirsch, Leonard Goldberg, Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen. The film stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Elizabeth Banks, Djimon Hounsou, Sam Claflin, Noah Centineo and Patrick Stewart.
    edited November 7

“CHARLIE’S ANGELS” TAKE FLIGHT,  SOLVE MISSIONS IN A NEW WORLD 

Kristen Stewart (the Twilight saga), Naomi Scott (Aladdin), and Ella Balinska (The Athena) star in the titular roles of Charlie’s Angels in the new action adventure film from director Elizabeth Banks.  

In the film, the security and investigative agency of the mysterious Charles Townsend has expanded internationally. With the world’s smartest, bravest, and most highly trained women all over the globe, there are now teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs everywhere.

As the Angels have evolved, so too have their missions. In this movie, we meet Elena Houghlin (Naomi Scott), a brilliant scientist and engineer who has created Calisto, a sustainable energy source designed to revolutionize the way we power things. When her bosses rush her invention to market, she warns them there is a flaw in the system: in the wrong hands, it can be used as a deadly weapon. Unfortunately, her bosses turn out to be The Wrong Hands, so Elena turns to The Townsend Agency for help. A contemporary whistleblower story worthy of the 21st Century Angels, Elena’s fight for justice ignites a globe-trotting adventure to get the device back before something terrible happens.

But espionage is espionage, so when we first meet our Angels, they’re naturally in the midst of a mission on a glamorous roof-top terrace in Rio de Janeiro. Sabina (Kristen Stewart), going Full Angel in a sultry disguise, is making sure that her mark is wrapped up in her ruse—and ultimately in the curtains in a very Cirque du Soleil moment.

As the free-wheeling, free-spirited hot shot of the team, Sabina is a total wild card. “I feel like if Sabina was a dog, she would be the mutt at the shelter that was definitely going to take a bullet for you, and I wanted to bring this levity to the character. In the beginning of the movie, Sabina seems the most social, outgoing… like she has all the friends in the world,” says Stewart. “But really, she’s just trying to find her team. She would do anything to have friends, and she just wants her family.”

As Sabina continues enjoying her life by keeping her villainous dining companion tied up, the doors open to reveal Jane Kano (Ella Balinska), an Angel with the heart of a soldier. And we watch as the two of them destroy a room full of criminals.

A former MI-6 Agent, Jane is everything Sabina is not: “Straight-laced, determined, focused,” says Balinska of her breakout role. “She finds her strength in physical activity, she’s very disciplined, and never fails to get the job done.”

While Sabina is a lone wolf looking for a family, Jane is determined to prove her independence. She doesn’t need anyone and she certainly doesn’t want anyone to need her.

“None of the elements of our group work well together in the beginning, because we’re so individual and we’ve just developed independence in the way that women have to, but almost to a fault,” says Stewart. “You think, I can do it myself. I’m fine on my own. As the movie goes on, my energy is like, I think we could do so many crazy things if we just never separate and become a very solid unit.”

Enter Elena, the brilliant scientist the women are charged with protecting. While audiences have come to know Naomi Scott as Jasmine in the live-action Aladdin, this role is a whole new world.

Elena is an expression of the potential that every woman carries inside of her, a key theme in the film. “Elena represents the type of girl that may not be someone that you would think would necessarily be an angel—the idea being that anyone can be an angel,” says Scott. “It’s about honing your own skills and being the best you can to actually do good.”

In Philippine cinemas November 13, Charlie’s Angels is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International. 

SAM CLAFLIN, NOAH CENTINEO ARE NO SAINTS IN 

CHARLIE’S ANGELS 

Two of today’s most exciting actors, Sam Claflin (Me Before You, The Hunger Games) and Noah Centineo (Netflix’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before) join the brave, new trio of women investigators in Columbia Pictures’ new action-adventure Charlie’s Angels.

Director Elizabeth Banks takes the helm as the next generation of fearless Charlie’s Angels take flight. In Banks’ bold vision, Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska are working for the mysterious Charles Townsend, whose security and investigative agency has expanded internationally. With the world’s smartest, bravest, and most highly trained women all over the globe, there are now teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs everywhere.

In this movie, we meet Elena Houghlin (Naomi Scott), a brilliant scientist and engineer who has created Calisto, a sustainable energy source designed to revolutionize the way we power things. When her bosses rush her invention to market, she warns them there is a flaw in the system: in the wrong hands, it can be used as a deadly weapon. Unfortunately, her bosses turn out to be The Wrong Hands, so Elena turns to The Townsend Agency for help. A contemporary whistleblower story worthy of the 21st Century Angels, Elena’s fight for justice ignites a globe-trotting adventure to get the device back before something terrible happens.

As Elena’s “handsome nerd” assistant Langston, Noah Centineo was already the internet’s boyfriend (thanks to rom-com To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before) when he signed on to the project. So it’s fitting that he and Jane (Ella Balinska) awkwardly hit it off. “People were all stoked about Noah, sighing and stuff,” says Kristen Stewart. “And I was like, he's cool but who is this kid? They had to tell me. An oh man, he is seriously charming. It's no joke.”

“My character’s got a goofy element to him, but he’s pretty well-rounded, though,” shares Centineo. “He’s not goofy when you should be serious. He won’t just crack a joke when it shouldn’t be there. But he’s also not afraid to make fun of certain normal structures.”

Meanwhile, Claflin plays Elena’s boss, the CEO Alexander Brok who’s backed by a mysterious partner and plans to use Calisto for evil.

Alexander is the kind of guy who lived in his own head until he happened to invent tech that made him the rich man he is today, explains Claflin. "But with that, he surrounds himself by people that say, 'Yes. Yes, Mr. Brock.' So I think he's kind of spoiled in many respects. But he's not too sure of exactly what's going on."

2016 saw Sam Claflin take on the lead role of Will opposite Emilia Clarke in the box office hit Me Before You and 2015 saw Claflin star as Finnick Odair for the last time in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2. The final film in the box office phenomenon franchise saw Sam reprise the role he played in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 opposite Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson.

Noah Centineo proved 2018 to be his breakout year. With two highly successful films, he experienced an incomparably steep rise to fame within a matter of weeks.

His rise began with the release of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, a film adaptation of Jenny Han’s YA best-seller, which was released on Netflix in August 2018. Centineo will reprise his role in the sequel To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You on Netflix on February 12, 2020.

In Philippine cinemas November 13, Charlie’s Angels is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International

DRESSED TO THRILL: 

NEW CHARLIE’S ANGELS BEAT BAD GUYS IN STYLE

From the beginning, it was important to director Elizabeth Banks to keep the new Charlie’s Angels grounded in reality. Sure they could beat up the bad guys, but really, given the right tools — brains or Krav Maga training or a rocket launcher — couldn’t any woman?

In Banks’ bold vision, Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska are working for the mysterious Charles Townsend, whose security and investigative agency has expanded internationally. With the world’s smartest, bravest, and most highly trained women all over the globe, there are now teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs everywhere

“Elizabeth’s version of Charlie’s Angels definitely has all of these women executing incredible feats and overcoming difficult odds in normal, but very fashionable street clothes that all girls want to wear and can relate to,” says Costume Designer Kym Barrett. “I think it’s important that the costumes have a kind of levity; they’re not too serious but not too jokey. We definitely walked a balance to try and keep the spirit of other Charlie’s Angels girls alive.”

“We love fashion,” agrees Banks. “We felt like the Angels would have the most beautiful, cutting-edge clothes, and they do.”

Creating the angel look of 2019 was much less of inventing the next great catsuit and the glitziest make-up but diving into the characters first. Rather than developing fancy looks, the team thought about the characters’ individual traits and their arcs. Then they focused on how the Angels looked when they came together as a team.

Our new Angels are from different backgrounds, so they bring different looks, attitudes, and experiences to that table. For the creative team, this lent itself to a lot of fun in designing their characters.

Sabina, a chameleon who’s always game for everything, much like Kristen Stewart herself, is more rebellious and shows off a lot of leg, a lot of clavicle, says Banks. “Sabina—and Kristen— have fun playing with how they can be a really different version of themselves,” says Barrett. “She definitely gets a chance to show that she can transform into all kinds of versions of herself.”

Ella Balinska’s Jane, on the other hand, is more buttoned up—literally. She wears a lot of suits and structured clothing.

For Naomi Scott, the team created an arc that develops from softer looks into stronger looks, reflecting the development of her character Elena. Banks says: “Elena has the biggest transformation because, of course, she starts out not as an Angel, just a science nerd basically. And we take her under our wing, give her the whole closet to choose from, and upgrade her look as we go along.”

Now playing in Philippine cinemas, Charlie’s Angels is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file