Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Mas Mahusay Ba Talaga Utak Ng Westerners Kesa Sa Pinoy?

pong_padourpong_padour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited December 2018 in Buhay Pinoy
Exhibit A:

[URL]https://youtu.be/GxYimeaoea0[/URL]


Exhibit B:

[URL]https://youtu.be/x0fnpDyVm9s[/URL]
LOL


Your thoughts?

I think Jordan Peterson is one of the brilliant minds in our era. I've watched the full length of his interview by Cathy Newman and he's calm and collected for the whole time being when Newman's very assuming and keep on putting words in his mouth. Nevertheless Peterson always have good rebuttals and facts to counter the reporter's assumption.
My favorite part of the interview is when he said "Because in order to be able to think you have to risk being offensive. I mean look at the conversation we're having right now. You're obviously risking offending me in the pursuit of truth. Why you should have the right to do that? It's been rather uncomfortable. You're exercising your freedom of speech to risk offending me, and that's fine. More power to you."


[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/aMcjxSThD54[/VIDEO]


#ha!gotcha


«1

Comments

  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    utak NoyPi = maging Don, Haciendero or Seneorito .... aka .... modern day Feudal Warlords
    utak Westerner = Global Magnate .... aka .... industrialist / entrepreneur.
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    GENIUS KNOWS NO BOUNDARY - Jose Rizal

    it is the present PHILIPPINE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM that  hinders our growth as a RACE
    our education is mainly INSTRUCTIONAL  instead of CREATING (INVENTING) NEW knowledge  (research)

    Our education is MACROCOSM of world-stuff (banana as banana)
    instead of MICROCOSM (studying banana's chemical components and its implications)

    Our society speaks proudly of puto with leche plan; halaya with leche plan
    while the western societies explore Mars and converting it as ANOTHER Earth

    Man's thinking does not exist in a VACUUM
    Knowledge is defined as CONSCIOUSNESS OF "_____" meaning something outside the mind (e.g., physical environment, mental beings [ideas] that can be verified externally like love, justice, hatred)
    So, if the environ is so "third world" and the facilities are "out of this world," the MIND is also backward

    Ever heard of Plato's EPISTEMOLOGY (Theory of Knowledge)?
    Filipinos can be literally the present CAVE MAN

    The only bright spot is: We have a Taoist view
    We know that we do not know (start of knowledge)
    Some societies may not even know that they do not know



  • KenClarkKenClark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It all boils down to government funding.  Ano ba ang suggested % of GDP ang dapat igugol sa education? Compare that figure to Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, etc.  Magagalit ka lang sa mga Tonggressman at Senatong natin.  
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    KenClark said:
    It all boils down to government funding.  Ano ba ang suggested % of GDP ang dapat igugol sa education? Compare that figure to Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, etc.  Magagalit ka lang sa mga Tonggressman at Senatong natin.  
    it is also HIGH TIME to create a unified Southeast Asian nations like that of European Union and USA
    Sharing of resources for common good or goal kahit sa economies at research na lang muna for educational, medical and industrial development ng region - hwag na muna space exploration.

    Funds could be sourced out from Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia and Indonesia.
    Sa academic discipline (theories) kasi i believed, tayo pa rin ang the best sa Southeast Asia
    Example, in legal fields, Philippines is leading sa Asia perhaps because, in addition to our creative mind (having western  culture in Asia), our legal system is copied from U.S., na galing naman sa U.K. so we have deep understanding of western legal system.
    Understanding law does not need much technological innovation unlike pure and applied sciences (medicine), so dito mo makikita na kayang makipagsabayan ng pinoy basta meron budget  
  • KenClarkKenClark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    vicmesar said:
    it is also HIGH TIME to create a unified Southeast Asian nations like that of European Union and USA
    Sharing of resources for common good or goal kahit sa economies at research na lang muna for educational, medical and industrial development ng region - hwag na muna space exploration.
    The EU was only a bit successful (this is still debatable depending on how you look at EU now) because member countries have one common denominator - Christian society. Now that immigration from Muslim states are increasing, the EU is now imploding. It's just a matter of time before it disintegrates. 

    Now, contrast that to ASEAN. ASEAN has Muslim, Buddhist and Christian majority states. How do you harmonize these societies? Good luck!

    vicmesar said:

    Sa academic discipline (theories) kasi i believed, tayo pa rin ang the best sa Southeast Asia

    Then you have not been looking at league tables and rankings. In the same way that you believe UST is still the best in the country.

    We have our own biases but we should be able to overcome them in order to grow.
  • IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Definitely, no. Opportunities ang kulang sa atin. With the right environment, we can be in par or even exceed them.
  • hsusonhsuson PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Definitely, no. Opportunities ang kulang sa atin. With the right environment, we can be in par or even exceed them.
    Anak kasi ng anak  =)
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hsuson said:
    Definitely, no. Opportunities ang kulang sa atin. With the right environment, we can be in par or even exceed them.
    Anak kasi ng anak  =)
    ganyan din ang mga Chinese at Japanese pero ang aim nila ay maging Global Magnate.


    ang aim ng Noypi ay magkaroon ng Political Dynasty and live like kings of the land.
  • RegzedsRegzeds PEx Rookie ⭐
    Love your discussions. Please do not stop. Kung ganito mga discussions sa pex, mapapadalas na ako rito. Tagal ko rin nawala pero tatambay ako dito magbabasa ng inyong diskusyon. Please continue your discussions. Salamat.
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    KenClark said:
    vicmesar said:
    it is also HIGH TIME to create a unified Southeast Asian nations like that of European Union and USA
    Sharing of resources for common good or goal kahit sa economies at research na lang muna for educational, medical and industrial development ng region - hwag na muna space exploration.
    The EU was only a bit successful (this is still debatable depending on how you look at EU now) because member countries have one common denominator - Christian society. Now that immigration from Muslim states are increasing, the EU is now imploding. It's just a matter of time before it disintegrates. 

    Now, contrast that to ASEAN. ASEAN has Muslim, Buddhist and Christian majority states. How do you harmonize these societies? Good luck!

    vicmesar said:

    Sa academic discipline (theories) kasi i believed, tayo pa rin ang the best sa Southeast Asia

    Then you have not been looking at league tables and rankings. In the same way that you believe UST is still the best in the country.

    We have our own biases but we should be able to overcome them in order to grow.
    My discipline is basically Social Sciences  and I professed ignorance in Sciences (may it pure or applied)
    I based my observation not in STATS (league's tables and rankings) but EXPERIENCE
    I'd been in academics since 1986, and in almost ALL seminars and dialogue  (opinion-sharing)  ng South-east Asian professionals (not just professors) in Social Sciences (particularly in law, philosophy, history, psychology, sociology and even in literature) most speakers (resource persons) were Filipinos.
    At the end of the seminars, pinoys were elected as officers (President and Secretary) but very seldom as Treasurer, if any, hahaha -  (ewan ko ba kung purely accidental lang).

    Also, even in leading Universities of Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Timor Leste, madaming pinoy professors. If I did not pursue law, I probably end up as professor in Malaysia.

    Stats (leagues' tables and rankings) are based on certain criteria and may not be really reflective of reality
    I observed that when a certain program have sufficient budget, mataas ang ranking.
    but in Social Sciences where most of the research do not really need advanced technology (but more on survey and reflective mind), budget, while important, is NOT too crucial as in pure and applied Sciences e.g., medicine and astronomy. 


  • IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    hsuson said:
    Definitely, no. Opportunities ang kulang sa atin. With the right environment, we can be in par or even exceed them.
    Anak kasi ng anak  =)
    ganyan din ang mga Chinese at Japanese pero ang aim nila ay maging Global Magnate.


    ang aim ng Noypi ay magkaroon ng Political Dynasty and live like kings of the land.
    Japanese ay anak ng anak? They why is their population aging? As for Chinese, bakit tinanggal na ng gov't nila ang One Child Policy if they are still procreating like dogs?

    I think your knowledge is a bit outdated.

    I agree to the anak ng anak thing kasi ang resources ng family ay spread too thin kung marami kayo. For example, kung isa or dalawang anak lang kayo, mas madali sa parents mo na pag aralin kayo ng medicine, law, or have advanced studies in other countries. Compared sa marami kayo, mas challenging iyon. 

    Kung may advanced learning ka, it will be easier for you to specialize and innovate.
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Regarding EU as a Christian political set-up...
    Europe is almost know to that... From the time of Christ to Middle Ages (Crusade) to present time (the EU)
    My comment: that's their PREROGATIVE but it does not stop us to form our own league that is PURELY ASIAN IN SPIRIT. Each region have its peculiar circumstances that challenges the the region's CREATIVE MIND. 

    In law enforcement and protection of their own economies plus advances in space exploration, EU is definitely a successful organization. The migration issue of Moslem people is POLITICAL though we cannot deny it has a religious tone - Christian nations tend to be protective as the history of MEDIEVAL Western civilization is essentially a religious war, e.g., Crusade. Thus, preventing Moslem migration is a national protection - deep-seated issue based in history.






  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    "Regarding EU as a Christian political set-up...
    Europe is almost know to that... From the time of Christ to Middle Ages (Crusade) to present time (the EU)"

    correction: KNOWN
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    this is how despicable NoyPis think: THEY VOTED A PIG LIKE DuDirty.
  • KenClarkKenClark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    vicmesar said:
    My discipline is basically Social Sciences  and I professed ignorance in Sciences (may it pure or applied)
    I based my observation not in STATS (league's tables and rankings) but EXPERIENCE
    I'd been in academics since 1986, and in almost ALL seminars and dialogue  (opinion-sharing)  ng South-east Asian professionals (not just professors) in Social Sciences (particularly in law, philosophy, history, psychology, sociology and even in literature) most speakers (resource persons) were Filipinos.
    At the end of the seminars, pinoys were elected as officers (President and Secretary) but very seldom as Treasurer, if any, hahaha -  (ewan ko ba kung purely accidental lang).

    Also, even in leading Universities of Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Timor Leste, madaming pinoy professors. If I did not pursue law, I probably end up as professor in Malaysia.

    Stats (leagues' tables and rankings) are based on certain criteria and may not be really reflective of reality
    I observed that when a certain program have sufficient budget, mataas ang ranking.
    but in Social Sciences where most of the research do not really need advanced technology (but more on survey and reflective mind), budget, while important, is NOT too crucial as in pure and applied Sciences e.g., medicine and astronomy. 


    Your own experience and therefore, BIASED. And it comes from a field basically regarded less in value especially in the age of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.

    So I digress. 
  • KenClarkKenClark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Japanese ay anak ng anak? They why is their population aging? As for Chinese, bakit tinanggal na ng gov't nila ang One Child Policy if they are still procreating like dogs?

    I think your knowledge is a bit outdated.

    I agree to the anak ng anak thing kasi ang resources ng family ay spread too thin kung marami kayo. For example, kung isa or dalawang anak lang kayo, mas madali sa parents mo na pag aralin kayo ng medicine, law, or have advanced studies in other countries. Compared sa marami kayo, mas challenging iyon. 

    Kung may advanced learning ka, it will be easier for you to specialize and innovate.
    Japanese population aged because of human development. China on the other hand was a result of the One Child policy. Apples and oranges.

    So the value of runaway population growth is that the government will not contend with the aging problem. It's a good thing in the perspective of potential GDP. 
  • sushihunk26sushihunk26 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Westerners have many resources since their government supports and funds good quality of education. Most of them are encouraged to use their skills and potential. On the other hand, many Filipinos lack government support and no sufficient funds to be trained. But, it's not all about the government so to speak, many Filipinos are also lazy and incompetent.  
  • RegzedsRegzeds PEx Rookie ⭐
    I worked around Southeast Asia for more than a decade. Mga pinoy talaga mas magagaling. Magugulat ka na lang sa Singapore or sa KL, Jakarta or HCM, makikita mo, ang department head ng several big companies nila, pinoy. Even multinationals. Once, sa HCM, our company was applying for a loan, tapos we have to present to a multinational bank, aba, pinoy ang kaharap namin. Yung mga ganun, many many instances. But then, when i read university rankings, my heart cries pag nakikita ko nandun tayo sa baba sa ASEAN (not world not asia) ranking. I have worked with people who graduated from those ASEAN ranked universities and even some of my staff, compared sa pinoy, may ibubuga tayo, if not better. I just do not understand when international rankings come in, we are always down there.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Regzeds said:
    I worked around Southeast Asia for more than a decade. Mga pinoy talaga mas magagaling. Magugulat ka na lang sa Singapore or sa KL, Jakarta or HCM, makikita mo, ang department head ng several big companies nila, pinoy. Even multinationals. Once, sa HCM, our company was applying for a loan, tapos we have to present to a multinational bank, aba, pinoy ang kaharap namin. Yung mga ganun, many many instances. But then, when i read university rankings, my heart cries pag nakikita ko nandun tayo sa baba sa ASEAN (not world not asia) ranking. I have worked with people who graduated from those ASEAN ranked universities and even some of my staff, compared sa pinoy, may ibubuga tayo, if not better. I just do not understand when international rankings come in, we are always down there.
    Take note that the ranking bodies rank the quality of the SCHOOL not the STUDENTS. Kahit sobrang gagaling ng mga taga UP (for example), kung wala namang initiative from UP mismo na mag conduct at mag publish ng mga research papers, wala din. One of the essential factors ang number of research papers para tumaas ang ranking. And conducting research needs budget.  
  • pong_padourpong_padour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Westerners especially from Ashkenazic Jews of European origins, are smarter than anyone else according to the study of race and intelligence (The Bell Curve). 
    Some are noble prize winners, some excelled in their field and profession and most of them are great businessmen.
    Some notable Jews are Albert Einstein (E=mc^2), Larry Ellison, the founder of the tech giant Oracle Corporation, is the wealthiest Jew, his net worth is $54.2 billion. With a net worth of $35.5 billion, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is the second wealthiest Jew on the list and 14th wealthiest person overall. Mark Zuckerberg, still one of the world’s youngest billionaires at age 30, climbed five spots on the list to number 16 overall. His net worth has grown to $33.4 billion.

    Other Jews in the top 50 include casino magnate Sheldon Adelson ($31.4 billion), Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page ($29.2 and $29.7 billion), investors George Soros ($24.2 billion), Carl Icahn ($23.5 billion) and Len Blavatnik ($20.2 billion), and Dell Computer Founder Michael Dell ($19.2 billion).

    There are several Jews among the newcomers on the list as well, including Russ Weiner, the founder and CEO of Rockstar energy drinks, Jerry Reinsdorf, the owner of the Chicago Bulls and the Chicago White Sox sports franchises, and Ken Grossman, a co-founder of the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Weiner is the son of prominent conservative radio talk show host Michael Savage (born Michael Weiner).

    So there. ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.