for this verse, “ Theou"[Qeou] means “God"not “Christ.” Not 
one of the over 5000 early Greek NT manuscripts, including 
the two earliest versions, the Codex Sinaiticus, and the 
Codex Vaticanus, has “Christou" \xpiorou] or “Christ" in Acts 
20:28. They are all “Church of God" while some post 4 th - 
century versions say “Church of the Lord.” 

there are dozens of bible translations here:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+20:28&version=NMB

but cant find a single one that says 'iglesia ni cristo'. is this a fake name? 

the original greek manuscripts even say 'god' (εοῦ) instead of 'christ' (Χριστό) proof:

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/acts/20-28.htm

conclusion: 'iglesia ni cristo' is a fake name because it has no authentic basis whatsoever! it is just the translation of a mistranslation!

:bee:

Comments

• ranger*gurlranger*gurl power of love! PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited December 2018
    https://www.chick.com/Information/article?id=What-Is-The-Lamsa-Bible

IS THE LAMSA BIBLE TRUSTWORTHY LIKE THE KING JAMES BIBLE?

Question: What is the Lamsa Bible? Is it trustworthy like the King James Bible? If not, how is it different?

Answer: I used the Lamsa Bible myself, when I was into the occult, over two decades ago. But I still remember the strange things it says to this day. The Lamsa Bible is supposedly a translation of the Aramaic Peshitta Bible, authored by occultist George Lamsa. He was a very sly man. He used as his base text the King James Bible, and changed passages to fit what he wanted them to say, then claimed he was only "translating the Aramaic."

the occult bible! :lol:

more about 'george lamsa'

https://www.equip.org/article/george-m-lamsa/

• KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pati si Lamsa, pinag-iinitan nito! :lol:

O sige, anong dapat itawag sa iglesiang ITINAYO ni Cristo? Anong dapat na pangalan ng itinayo ni Cristo na Iglesia NYA? Iglesia Katolika Apostolika Romana??? Saan makikita yan sa biblia? :lol:
    tiburcioSais said:
    The Iglesia Ni Cristo tries to increase the occurrence of the 
    “Church of Christ" by citing the Lamsa Version’s Acts 20:28 
    which mentions the “Church of Christ” instead of the 
    “Church of God." 

However, the original Greek text of Acts 20:28 says, H ten 
    ekklesian tou Theou ” (rrjv £KKAqoiav tou 0eou) which in 

160 | Why I Am Not an Iglesia Ni Cristo 

English is “Church of Goof ." No matter how the INC denies it 
    for this verse, “ Theou"[Qeou] means “God"not “Christ.” Not 
    one of the over 5000 early Greek NT manuscripts, including 
    the two earliest versions, the Codex Sinaiticus, and the 
    Codex Vaticanus, has “Christou" \xpiorou] or “Christ" in Acts 
    20:28. They are all “Church of God" while some post 4 th - 
    century versions say “Church of the Lord.” 

there are dozens of bible translations here:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+20:28&version=NMB

but cant find a single one that says 'iglesia ni cristo'. is this a fake name? 

the original greek manuscripts even say 'god' (εοῦ) instead of 'christ' (Χριστό) proof:

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/acts/20-28.htm

conclusion: 'iglesia ni cristo' is a fake name because it has no authentic basis whatsoever! it is just the translation of a mistranslation!

The church of God was given to Christ because God appointed Christ as its head!

Ephesians 1:22 NIV

And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church

So merong ari-arian ang isang ama at ibinigay o ipinamana nito sa anak nya. Kanino na yung ari-arian? Pag-aari pa ba ni Ama o pag-aari na ni Anak?

Kung ang ama ay si Pedro at ang anak ay si Juan, bahay pa ba ni Pedro o bahay na ni Juan?
    Matthew 28:18
    New International Version
    Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

And who commanded His apostles to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," (Matthew 28:19) was it not Jesus Christ?

John 10:27 My sheep know my voice, and I know them. They follow me, 28 and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be lost. No one can snatch them out of my hand. 29  My Father gave them to me, and he is greater than all others.+ No one can snatch them from his hands, 30 and I am one with the Father. (Contemporary English Version)
    God has no blood because He is Spirit. And who really purchased the church with His blood?

Ephesians 1:7 For by the blood of Christ we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven. How great is the grace of God, 
    8 which he gave to us in such large measure! In all his wisdom and insight 
    9 God did what he had purposed, and made known to us the secret plan he had already decided to complete by means of Christ. 
    10 This plan, which God will complete when the time is right, is to bring all creation together, everything in heaven and on earth, with Christ as head. 

despite everything that you said you still cannot show where the bible said "church of christ".

"churches of Christ" referred to in Romans 16:16 refer to the people inside the church built by Christ. 

In tagalog:

Mga Taga-Roma 16:16 Mangagbatian kayo ng banal na halik. Binabati kayo ng lahat ng mga iglesia ni Cristo

Hindi ba ang tawag din sa aming mga miembro ay iglesia ni Cristo? :D

"churches of christ", not "church of christ"

ἐκκλησίαι (churches), not ekklēsian (church)

sorry but its still a fail!

Here is the whole Romans 16:

1 Ipinagtatagubilin ko sa inyo si Febe na ating kapatid na babae, na lingkod sa iglesia na nasa Cencrea: 2 Upang tanggapin ninyo siya sa Panginoon, ayon sa nararapat sa mga banal, at tulungan ninyo siya sa anomang bagay na magiging kailangan niya sa inyo: sapagka't siya nama'y naging katulong ng marami, at ng aking sarili naman.

3 Batiin ninyo si Prisca at si Aquila na aking mga kamanggagawa kay Cristo Jesus, 4 Na ipinain ang kanilang mga leeg dahil sa aking buhay; na sa kanila'y hindi lamang ako ang nagpapasalamat, kundi naman ang lahat ng mga iglesia ng mga Gentil: 5 At batiin ninyo ang iglesia na nasa kanilang bahay. Batiin ninyo si Epeneto na minamahal ko, na siyang pangunahing bunga ng Asia kay Cristo.6 Batiin ninyo si Maria, na lubhang nagpagal sa inyo. 7Batiin ninyo si Andronico at si Junias, na aking mga kamaganak, at mga kasama ko sa pagkabilanggo, na siyang mga bantog sa mga apostol, na sila nama'y nangauna sa akin kay Cristo. 8 Batiin ninyo si Ampliato na aking minamahal sa Panginoon. 9 Batiin ninyo si Urbano na aming kamanggagawa kay Cristo, at si Estaquis na minamahal ko. 10 Batiin ninyo si Apeles na subok kay Cristo. Batiin ninyo ang mga kasangbahay ni Aristobulo. 11 Batiin ninyo si Herodion na aking kamaganak. Batiin ninyo ang mga kasangbahay ni Narciso, yaong nangasa Panginoon. 12 Batiin ninyo si Trifena at si Trifosa, na nangagpapagal sa Panginoon. Batiin ninyo si Persida na minamahal, na lubhang nagpagal sa Panginoon. 13 Batiin ninyo si Rufo na hinirang sa Panginoon, at ang kaniyang ina at akin. 14 Batiin ninyo si Asincrito, si Flegonte, si Hermes, si Patrobas, si Hermas, at ang mga kapatid na kasama nila. 15Batiin ninyo si Filologo at si Julia, si Nereo at ang kaniyang kapatid na babae, at si Olimpas, at ang lahat ng mga banal na kasama nila. 16 Mangagbatian kayo ng banal na halik. Binabati kayo ng lahat ng mga iglesia ni Cristo.

"churches" here refer to people or individuals, not religious groups! :D

edited December 2018

"churches" here refer to people or individuals, not religious groups! :D

exactly. 'churches of christ' in romans 16:16 refer to the people. its not the name of the church!
    the inc claim that 'iglesia ni cristo' is the given name of the church is a complete lie!

And that's who we are! :lol: Me iba pa bang mga iglesia ni Cristo na nalalaman ka? Ayaw mo mang tanggapin, ang katotohanan ay PANGALAN din it ng iglesia - sapagka't ang pangalan ay nagpapakilala ng katotohanan. Kapag me samahang "no name" wag kang maniwala sa kanila, hindi sila liable at reliable! :D Ang iglesiang pag-aari ni Cristo ay sinod sa Kanyang pangalan o titulo!
    edited December 2018
    And that's who we are! :lol: Me iba pa bang mga iglesia ni Cristo na nalalaman ka? Ayaw mo mang tanggapin, ang katotohanan ay PANGALAN din it ng iglesia - sapagka't ang pangalan ay nagpapakilala ng katotohanan. Kapag me samahang "no name" wag kang maniwala sa kanila, hindi sila liable at reliable! :D Ang iglesiang pag-aari ni Cristo ay sinod sa Kanyang pangalan o titulo!

perhaps some of you deserve to be called 'christians'. but namewise 'iglesia ni cristo' cannot be found in the greek manuscripts. so you cannot use that name to argue that its the biblical name of the one true church. comprende?

Well, again, that's your opinion - the term church of Christ is in many bible versions and that's a fact! :D
    The INVENTED name is Catholic church as written in history books:

St. Ignatius of Antioch, Apostolic Father who coined the term 'Catholic ...

www.catholicnewsherald.com/.../139-st-ignatius-of-antioch-apostolic-father-who-coin...St. Ignatius of Antioch, Apostolic Father who coined the term 'Catholic Church' 

What does the word "coin" mean?

coin
    /koin/
    verb
    past tense: coined; past participle: coin2.
    1. invent or devise (a new word or phrase).
      "he coined the term “desktop publishing.”"
      synonyms:invent, create, make up, conceive, originate, think up, dream up
      "he coined the term"

The earliest recorded evidence of the use of the term "Catholic Church" is the Letter to the Smyrnaeans that Ignatius of Antioch wrote in about 107 to Christians in Smyrna. ... This is the earliest occurrence in Christian literature of the phrase 'theCatholic Church' (ἡ καθολικὴ ἐκκλησία).

Catholic (term) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_(term)

SO REALLY I HAVE PROOF THAT THE NAME CATHOLIC IS THE ONE INVENTED NAME!  :lol:
    The INVENTED name is Catholic church as written in history books:

true, 'catholic church' is an invented name. but so is 'iglesia ni cristo'.
    the difference is that the catholic chuch does not claim to be the only true church based on its name!

Well, you confirmed that Catholic is an invented name!

We, INC, still maintain that what we are saying is true about our church's name! We maintain and uphold that we are the true church established by our Lord Jesus Christ and we INVITE ALL OF YOU to join Christ's body to be saved! :D 

Acts 4:12
    New Living Translation
    There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved."

John 17:6
    "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

7 Now they know that everything You have given Me comes from You. 8 For I have given them the words You gave Me, and they have received them. They knew with certainty that I came from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

9 I ask on their behalf. I do not ask on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those You have given Me; for they are Yours. 10 All I have is Yours, and all You have is Mine; and in them I have been glorified.11 I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You.

Holy Father, protect them by Your name, the name You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected and preserved them by Your name, the name You gave Me. Not one of them has been lost, except the son of destruction, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

13 But now I am coming to You, and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so that they may have My joy fulfilled within them. 14 I have given them Your word and the world has hated them; for they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

15 I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one. 16171819

edited December 2018
    Well, you confirmed that Catholic is an invented name!

We, INC, still maintain that what we are saying is true about our church's name! We maintain and uphold that we are the true church established by our Lord Jesus Christ and we INVITE ALL OF YOU to join Christ's body to be saved! :D 

New Living Translation
    There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved."

what do you think that name is?

What Christ said His name is:

Matthew 24:5

"For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

"For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

no thats the anti-christs talking silly! 

the name is 'jesus christ'! funny you didnt know that! you thought it was just 'christ'! :lol:

• alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    catholic = universal. ano ba ang universe? binubuo ng mga bituin.

bakit may pitong simbahan ang binilin ni Lord Jesus kay San Juan?

ano ang element 7 sa periodic table? N aka nitrogen. pangilang letra ang N sa English alphabet? 14. 1+4 = 5.

ilan ang tulis sa diagram ng bituin aka pentagram? 5.

so paano na yan? na-Egyptian sorcery nanaman kayong mga peke basura kayo.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..

no thats the anti-christs talking silly! 

the name is 'jesus christ'! funny you didnt know that! you thought it was just 'christ'! :lol:

His name is Jesus, His title or name given to him by God is Christ. This name Christ is where all the powers given to Jesus rests.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Christ means Savior!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file