Should Our Country Be Run By Technocrats And Economists?

pong_padourpong_padour Member ✭✭✭
Your thoughts?

Comments

• Kent_210Kent_210 Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what China did. Huge percentage of their top government officials are either engineer or scientist. From an agriculture country, China is now wealthiest country in the world, almost in a snap. Not only, that, China has vast fertile land and rich and natural resources. They are super powerful that they are now very significant (shall I say the driver) of future world's geo-politics.

But the Philippines is NOT China. We can run an efficient government (run by technocrats) but we still lack the natural resources (based on our production), we're not big, we're calamity prone country, we're also not the best in terms of geographical location and some others.

I've been a proponent of this type of government. I don't dream of a super powerful Philippines, a decent quality of life for all Pinoys (at par with Singapore or any western EU) is good enough for me.

• pong_padourpong_padour Member ✭✭✭
    Kaya dapat out with the old generals, incompetent actors and corrupt lawyers and in with the technocrats.

[URL]https://issues.org/perspective-the-benefits-of-technocracy-in-china/[/URL]
  • KenClarkKenClark Member ✭✭✭
    Kent_210 said:
    That's what China did. Huge percentage of their top government officials are either engineer or scientist. From an agriculture country, China is now wealthiest country in the world, almost in a snap. Not only, that, China has vast fertile land and rich and natural resources. They are super powerful that they are now very significant (shall I say the driver) of future world's geo-politics.
    Wealthiest?  FAKE NEWS! :lol:   

Tingin ka din kung anong bansa ang nasa tuktok ng GDP per capita. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file