Pres Duterte admits using marijuana to keep him awake

Duterte admits using marijuana to keep him awake

President Rodrigo Duterte admitted Monday he was taking marijuana to keep him awake, citing his hectic schedule.

“It’s a killing activity, and I think that at my age — ako hindi masyado, kasi nagmamarijuana ako eh, para magising. Sa iba, hindi na kaya,” Duterte said in a speech during the conferment of awards to the Asean-National Organizing Council officials in Malacañang.

The President was referring to his hectic schedule during the 33rd Asean Summit in Singapore.

“You know we start at 8:30 in the morning  and we end up almost 10? 11? Nandiyan man ‘yan silang lahat. And it’s every 30 minutes, 8:30 tapos 9:30, 10:30, iba na naman. Baka akala nitong Asean Secretariat boy scout kami. Hindi kaya ‘yan. It’s whole [day], hindi kaya,” he said.

“Susmaryosep, walang tulog. And the more that crescendo becomes faster, mas lalo kang ‘di nakakatulog kasi hinahabol ka na babasahin eh, and so you do not want your President to look ignorant. So I have to catch up with the reading, wala na talagang panahon,” he added.

During the Asean summit in Singapore, the President skipped several meetings on the second day of the regional meeting.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo explained that the President took “power naps” to catch up on his sleep.

n his previous speeches, Duterte earlier admitted that he used to take fentanyl for the pain caused by his previous injuries.

Duterte, in several press interviews, has said that he was in favor of medical marijuana.

In same speech, Duterte also complained about the food being served during the Asean Summit.

“Pangit pa ng mga ulam, susmaryosep… Nagbabaon ako ng Karne Norte pati tuyo,” he said.

Comments

• Duterte likes to joke around and tries real hard to be that funny witty guy. He illicits laughter only because his audience are either dumb, suckups or both
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    facts according to Duterte himself : 

- addicted to Fentanyl
    - user of Marijuana

when will they arrest Duterte? 
  • lacroixlacroix Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 3

[email protected] according to Duterte himself:

He used it in Asean Summit in  Singapore. Hindi sya nahuli :lol:

Hindi effective ang marijuana kasi nag power nap pa rin sya. Another :lol:

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    yea. i was driving up to baguio and i heard his speech. yung radio would actually cut out everytime he says something [email protected] LoL. 

it's got nothing to do that he did marijuana in singapore it's got everything to do with his anti drugs hypocrisy. 

it was incoherent babble. LoL 
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭

Rodrigo Duterte Jokes About Marijuana Use, While Thousands Die in His Drug War

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/world/asia/philippines-duterte-marijuana.html

MANILA — President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines joked on Monday about using marijuana to stay awake at official functions, but the punch line appeared lost on a nation where thousands of people have been killed in his antidrug campaign.

At a ceremony meant to honor diplomats and employees of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Duterte said that the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, a regional group known as Asean that includes the Philippines, had a grueling meeting schedule. It was an apparent reference to local news reports that he had missed events at the Asean summit meeting in Singapore last month so he could take “power naps.”

Mr. Duterte, 73, said that attendance at some meetings should be delegated to the “lower echelons” or ministerial staff, and that leaders should tackle only the “most important ones.”

He said that on a recent trip to India, he had stayed up all night because he wanted to catch up on documents, “and the more that the crescendo becomes faster, the more you can’t sleep because you’re catching up on reading.”

“You do not want your president to look ignorant or sound ignorant, so I have to catch up with the reading. There really is no time,” Mr. Duterte said.

The meetings, he said, start early in the morning and can take up the whole day.

“It’s a killing activity. But at my age, I am not really bothered because I take marijuana to stay awake,” he said to bursts of laughter.

But not everyone was amused by Mr. Duterte’s remarks, which came four days after a Philippine court sentenced three police officers to up to 40 years in prison each for the murder of a 17-year-old boy, the first convictions in Mr. Duterte’s overarching war on drugs. Rights groups say that more than 12,000 people accused of being drug dealers or users have been killed by the police or unofficial militias since Mr. Duterte took office in June 2016.

Gary Alejano, an opposition member of the House of Representatives, called the joke “insensitive.”

“If you are making a joke on an issue that has cost the lives of thousands of people in your drug war, then what does that say? You also treat peoples’ lives as a joke,” he said.

Mr. Duterte’s allies quickly came to his defense on social media. Vicente Sotto, the president of the Senate, said it was a “very odd” statement for Mr. Duterte to make because marijuana is generally considered to have a calming rather than stimulative effect

Another political ally, Senator Aquilino Pimentel III, said Mr. Duterte had told him that “he has never taken marijuana his entire life.”

Mr. Duterte, who has a history of making provocative comments, clarified later Monday that his admission was in jest.

“I use plastic marijuana,” he said.

• gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 3

Duterte isang HYPOCRITE! HYPOCRITE!! HYPOCRITE!!!

I-TOKHANG na IYAN!!!!

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    joke joke joke uli!!!! 

Duterte, whose war on drugs has killed thousands of Filipinos, 'jokes' about marijuana use

MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, whose controversial war on drugs has killed nearly 5,000 suspected drug dealers and users since taking office in 2016, said on Monday he used marijuana to stay awake - and then said he was just joking.

The comment is bound to upset families of the victims of his crackdown on narcotics. Marijuana is illegal in the Southeast Asian nation and is not a stimulant.

“I use marijuana to keep me awake,” Duterte said in a speech, complaining about the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) summit in Singapore last month.

In Singapore, he skipped some meetings and took “power naps” to catch up on sleep, according to his spokesman.

“The more that the crescendo becomes faster, the more you cannot sleep because you are catching up on readings,” Duterte said.

Duterte, after his speech, told reporters he had been joking but a human rights activist criticized the attempt at humor.

“This will definitely anger the families even more. There is a disconnect between what the president admitted to do and what the president said he will do to those who use drugs,” Carlos Conde, Philippines researcher with the New York-based Human Rights Watch, told Reuters.

“Now, if the president admitted probably in jest ... then that demolishes the credibility of this whole thing.”

Sotto on Duterte’s marijuana use: ‘It’s supposed to calm you down’

Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III finds President Rodrigo Duterte’s admission to using marijuana to keep him awake “very odd.”

“Baliktad ah. Marijuana is supposed to mostly calm you down,” Sotto said in a text message on Monday.

“Very odd if it’s true,” he added.

The Senate leader made the remark when sought for comment on Duterte’s reported statement.

In a speech, Duterte was quoted as saying that he was using marijuana to keep himself awake during the 33rd ASEAN Summit in Singapore.

“It’s a killing activity, and I think that at my age – ako hindi masyado, kasi nagmamarijuana ako eh, para magising. Sa iba, hindi na kaya,” the President said.

Fighting illegal drugs was one of Duterte’s promises when he ran and won the 2016 presidential race.

Asked how the public should take Duterte’s admission, Sotto simple said: “Odd.” /kga

Duterte on Fentanyl use: Felt like cloud nine

MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday brought up again his controversial use of pain reliever Fentanyl.

In a speech in Davao City, Duterte admitted that he took more than the required dosage of the pain reliever because apart from easing his burden, it also made him feel like he was “on cloud nine.”

“Iyung Fentanyl, the doctor stopped it because he got mad. I’m supposed to cut it into four pieces. Eh there was a time na 'yung buo nilagay ko because more than just the disappearance of pain, you feel that you are on cloud nine. Para bang everything is okay with the world, nothing to worry about,” he said.

Duterte has been criticized for casually talking about his use of the pain reliever, which some experts have described to be potentially addictive.

Duterte had to take Fentanyl after a motorcycle accident when he was 68 years old

China to label fentanyl as controlled substance

BUENOS AIRES — China has agreed to label fentanyl a controlled substance after a meeting between President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping. The deadly synthetic opioid is responsible for tens of thousands of U.S. drug deaths annually.

The White House says Xi agreed to the move, long sought by the U.S., during a dinner Saturday between the two leaders on the margins of the Group of 20 summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

U.S. officials for years have been pressing the Chinese government to take a tougher stance against fentanyl, which is 50 times more powerful than heroin. Most U.S. supply of the drug is manufactured in China.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders says the decision means that “people selling fentanyl to the United States will be subject to China’s maximum penalty under the law.”

• EgozumEgozum Member ✭✭✭

Palace reiterates Duterte support for medical marijuana after smoking pot joke

President Rodrigo Duterte is in favor of proposals in Congress to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes, Malacañang said Tuesday.

“The President has already made a statement on that prior. For purposes of medicine, to heal, he’s in favor. But not for use other than that,” presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said at a news conference.

A month before he assumed the presidency, Duterte said in May 2016 that marijuana was already an “ingredient of modern medicine.”

The President, however, is against the use of marijuana for recreational purposes which is punishable by law.

Panelo’s statement came a day after Duterte joked that he uses marijuana to stay awake to cope with his busy schedule.

The President said he was just “shaking the tree” meant to dispel boredom during formal events.

In stressing that Duterte was not serious when he cracked the supposed joke about marijuana, Panelo said that using the illegal drug to keep oneself awake does not make sense.

Marijuana's effect varies from person to person, but it can act both as a stimulant and depressant.

A bill filed by Senator Risa Hontiveros seeks a comprehensive public health approach to the country’s drug-related policy. It is also proposing the use of marijuana “to treat or alleviate a patient’s medical condition or symptoms associated with his or her debilitating disease” subject to the approval of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Hontiveros’ colleagues are divided on the proposal. 

SABOG sa Marijuana kaya pala kung GUMISING ay TANGHALI na si DuDirty

SABOG rin ba sa Marijuana si DuDirty kaya tulog nun ASEAN MEETING?

• He is obviously trolling again with his corny lame stupid jokes, catering to the Pinoy dark psyche with their dark lame humor. I'm smart enough to distinguish reality from falsehood.
    In Line with this, I fully support the legalization of Marijuana, In exchange to alcohol , alcoholism has already destroyed the Pinoy character as survey says Filipinos are number one alcoholics in Asia, outranking only by Nigeria or some failed republic I  Africa 

Duterte: I take marijuana to stay awake

(UPDATED) President Rodrigo Duterte, at the helm of a bloody crackdown on drugs, mentions marijuana as he complains about his supposedly gruelling schedule when attending international conferences

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Whether in jest or not, President Rodrigo Duterte said he takes marijuana, an illegal substance in the Philippines, to stay awake for strenuous activities.

"It's a killing activity and I think the – my age, ako hindi masyado kasi nagma-marijuana ako eh para magising. Sa iba, hindi na kaya," he said on Monday, December 3 during the conferment of awards for the ASEAN National Organizing Committee in Malacañang.

(It's a killing activity and I think the – my age, me not so much because I take marijuana to stay awake. It doesn't work, with others.)

Marijuana's effects on persons may differ. According to online medical information resource WebMD, marijuana is used to relieve pain and help a person relax. It can also heighten a person's senses. It also alleviates nausea or the feeling of throwing up from chemotherapy.

Later that day, in an interview with reporters, Duterte said he was only joking.

"Of course it was a joke," he said, adding that such "humor" is part of his "style."

Complaining about ASEAN summits

Duterte had spent the first part of his speech complaining about his schedule when he attends the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) summits, held every year in a Southeast Asian country.

In the last summit, held in Singapore, he had missed 5 major events in order to take "power naps," according to Malacañang.

"You know, we start at 8:30 in the morning…and we end up almost 10, 11. And it's every 30 minutes...Baka akala nitong ASEAN Secretariat Boy Scout kami. Hindi ko kaya 'yan," he said.

(Maybe the ASEAN Secretariat thinks we're Boy Scouts. I can't take it.)

Duterte thinks ASEAN leaders meetings should be reserved for only "urgent matters," and that other topics should be left to lower-level officials.

"You have to give that to the TWG (technical working group) or at least on the lower echelons, the ministerial. We only take the most important...only the urgent and immediate concerns of ASEAN," he said.

However, ASEAN leaders' meetings are always preceded by meetings by ASEAN ministers and technical working groups, precisely in preparation for the leaders' meetings.

Aside from saying he takes marijuana, Duterte has previously said he has used fentanyl patches in order to address pains from past injuries.

In his Monday speech, he even complained about the food served in ASEAN summits. He said this has forced him to bring his favorite local food, canned beef and dried fish and that preparing them makes his hotel room stink.

"Pangit pa ng mga ulam, susmaryosep...Andiyan yung Protocol, magbaon ako ng Karne Norte pati tuyo," said Duterte.

(The food is awful, my god...I have to bring Karne Norte and dried fish.)

In the same speech, being aired live online, Duterte claimed Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah even sleeps during leaders' meetings.

"'Wag kang maingay ha, pero si Bolkiah nakatulog na pala. He has that talent na – hindi gumaganon, pikit lang. It is as if he is contemplating of his oil," said Duterte.

(Don't be a big mouth but Bolkiah has also fallen asleep. He has that talent – of just closing his eyes. It is as if he is contemplating of his oil.)

SaBoG na uli si DuDirty, ".... patayin iyan mga Obispo."

simulan niya dun sa Obispo ng Davao City kaya?

PARANG SA NASA SCRIPT ITO NG "ANG PROBINSYANO."

• alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist ✭✭✭
    edited December 5
    natrap nanaman kayo, mga ebak-la, sa lexical prowess ni President JewThirty.

Stimulant ba na gaya ng shabu ang marijuana?

lel.

As confirmed by Tito-sen sa isang post sa taas.

B) B) B)

.V.. ..I..

Trillanes dares Duterte again to undergo drug test after marijuana joke

Published December 6, 2018 9:11am 

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Thursday reiterated his challenge to President Rodrigo Duterte to undergo drug test amid the President's joke that he is a marijuana user.

Trillanes said Duterte is desperately trying to contain the damage of his admission about his supposed marijuana use by dismissing it as a joke.

“Too late! Bistado na s’ya na isa rin pala syang durugista. Now, if he really wants to clear himself, I am again calling on him to take a drug test,” the opposition senator said in a press statement.

Trillanes himself underwent drug test at the Senate in July. The result showed he was negative in the use of five illegal substances.

In a speech last Monday, Duterte said he uses marijuana to keep himself awake amid his busy schedule. But interviewed by reporters later, he said he was only joking.

Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said Duterte was clearly joking as marijuana is not a stimulant. —

• knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin PExer
    .                                               .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file