Would you genetically edit your baby?

FrigidFrigid Member
edited December 1 in Buhay Pinoy
The age of gene editing has began, or so they say.

There is news now all over the place that a scientist in china has changed the genes of babies and the babies are now growing in a womb.

But one day couples can go to a laboratory and say i want a baby with blue eyes, or blond hair, or light skin, or a smart baby, would you go?

Should Pinoys resort to genetically engineer their babies in order to produce superior babies and improve the race because we know pinoys are short and dark and ugly and an inferior race

Would you still be proud of your baby even though that is not your real baby (but still your real baby) kinda...

https://www.apnews.com/4997bb7aa36c45449b488e19ac83e86d

Comments

• genetically modified babies..  
  • KenClarkKenClark Member ✭✭✭
    It's risky. How sure are you that there are no consequences? Remember, you are tinkering with the blueprints of a human being. Our DNA is a product of thousands of years of human evolution to ensure our survival. There's a reason why we ended up with such a DNA make up.

Will babies grow up NORMALLY? Will they be susceptible to diseases?  You can't answer these without further testing and waiting for these designer babies to mature. 
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey ✭✭✭✭
    I would.

It is totally doable. 
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    anything basta huwag lang BAKLA.
  • alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist ✭✭✭
    KenClark said:
    It's risky. How sure are you that there are no consequences? Remember, you are tinkering with the blueprints of a human being. Our DNA is a product of thousands of years of human evolution to ensure our survival. There's a reason why we ended up with such a DNA make up.

Will babies grow up NORMALLY? Will they be susceptible to diseases?  You can't answer these without further testing and waiting for these designer babies to mature. 
    you've been tinkered by Lord-God to be an ebak-la para matuwa naman daw si Satanas,

B) B) B)

.V.. ..I..
    KenClark said:

you've been tinkered by Lord-God to be an ebak-la para matuwa naman daw si Satanas,

B) B) B)

.V.. ..I..
    There's no God. Sorry. That won't work on me. :lol: 

Have you figured out the exact definition of NEIGHBOR before dipping your limited neurons on DNA, Jake Zyrus? :lol:

• alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist ✭✭✭
    edited December 1
    KenClark said:
    KenClark said:

B) B) B)

.V.. ..I..

Have you figured out the exact definition of NEIGHBOR before dipping your limited neurons on DNA, Jake Zyrus? :lol:

Di ka naniniwala sa Diyos? kaya ka naman pala ebak-la. pinarusahan ka na talaga.

so nakabook ka na talaga. 

at Maniniwala ka rin, pag sinusunog ka na ni Satanas at mga demonyo sa septic tank.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey ✭✭✭✭
    This has turned into a cesspool of idiotic remarks. 
    edited December 2
    This has turned into a cesspool of idiotic remarks. 
    i will rephrase my idiotic remark, ".... i am for genetic alteration just to make sure my children will not be HOMOs."

makes sense na ba???
  • panis_na_putopanis_na_puto Member PExer
    Anong problema kung anak mo ay BAKLA?
  • pong_padourpong_padour Member ✭✭✭
    ^ May parents ba na nagwish na "Sana paglaki ng anak natin bakla" LOL
  • I personally would not resort to genetic alteration. 
    ^ May parents ba na nagwish na "Sana paglaki ng anak natin bakla" LOL
    Wala dahil sa UMIIRAL na HOMOPHOBIA. Mahirap maging bakla dahil sa pang-aalipusta ng mga homophobe. May social stigma ang maging bakla. Subali't ang pagiging bakla ay normal at hindi kapansanan o sakit sa katawan.

Kung walang homophobia bale wala kung STRAIGHT o BAKLA o BI-SEXUAL o ASEXUAL ang magiging anak.
  • I would rather not. I don't want to risk it. Not in my lifetime.
    KenClark said:
    KenClark said:

B) B) B)

.V.. ..I..

Di ka naniniwala sa Diyos? kaya ka naman pala ebak-la. pinarusahan ka na talaga.

so nakabook ka na talaga. 

at Maniniwala ka rin, pag sinusunog ka na ni Satanas at mga demonyo sa septic tank.

B) B) B)
    .V.. ..I..
    Jake Zyrus, kung walang god wala ding satanas. Remember that.  In short, hindi ka na mangangamba na parusahan ka sa iyong LESBIANISM. :lol: 

Anuna? Alam mo na ibig sabihin ng NEIGHBOR? :lol:   

Kung walang homophobia bale wala kung STRAIGHT o BAKLA o BI-SEXUAL o ASEXUAL ang magiging anak.
    In the CONTEXT of evolution, INFERTILITY or CHILDLESSNESS is a biological FAILURE

So homosexuality or asexuality is always considered a DRAG or an albatross to human evolution.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3
    I have good looking kids, hell no, I wouldn't do it should I decided I want a baby.

If there's one thing lang, sana magmana (or nagmana) sa nanay nila yung ilong. I'm not pango but my wife's nose is comparable to Caucasian's. My older daughter inherited my wife's complexion but not her nose. All my boys inherited their mom's nose but not much of her complexion. 

But this genetically alteration technology has much more purpose, hindi lang aesthetic pati na din yung over-all health. The last time I heard, some scientists found a way to edit genes to prevent parkinson disease and even cancer development. 
    KenClark said:

In the CONTEXT of evolution, INFERTILITY or CHILDLESSNESS is a biological FAILURE

So homosexuality or asexuality is always considered a DRAG or an albatross to human evolution.
    Lipas na ang ganitong pananaw. Ilan na ang world population: 7.2 billion? Sobra-sobra na ang tao at nakasisira na sila ng kalikasan!

Dagdag pa: maski homosexual maaaring magkaanak kung gusto. At di dahil heterosexual ay nais mag-anak.

#SentidoKumon
    embryo genetic alteration is the solution to the gay problem. if we only knew what gender our embryos would like to be then there will be NO HOMOs in this world.

we wont see Lessies trying to be a Man and Gays dressing up like Women because they were altered from conception. 
    embryo genetic alteration is the solution to the gay problem. if we only knew what gender our embryos would like to be then there will be NO HOMOs in this world.

we wont see Lessies trying to be a Man and Gays dressing up like Women because they were altered from conception. 
    Bakit, anong problema mo sa mga LGBTQI?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file