COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

ING Internationale Nederlanden Groep Bank (Philippines) : Deposits

Internationale Nederlanden Groep Bank
(English: International Netherlands Group Bank).

ING brings you the first all-digital savings bank in the Philippines!

✔ Fully digital. No lines. No forms.
✔ 24/7. No banking hours.
✔ High interest rates (2% gross per annum on up to Php 5,000,000; 1% gross per annum on any of the remaining amount over Php 5,000,000)
✔ No minimum balance.
✔ NO FEES! Transfer to any bank via PesoNET.
✔ Mobile check deposit.

40+ countries and 38 million customers.

28 years in the Philippines. 🇵🇭 2017 Best Bank in the World by Global Finance Magazine.

Download the app and open your savings account today! #BranchlessBanking #BankOfTheFuture #INGoodcompany

Comments

• OK guys, I just wanted to hear any opinions, remarks, etc. on ING as a whole. I just signed up for INGDirect (Savings Account) at 4.20% Yield and I need help on calculations.

Further questions:
    -Is the account paying simple interest or is it compounded?
    -I'm investing US$95,000 - can someone help me in calculating how much it would be making every month?

Thanks!
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    "I'm investing US$95,000 - can someone help me in calculating how much it would be making every month?"

95,000 x 4.20 / 12

more or less.
  • warchest18warchest18 Member ✭✭
    BeerHandBop, check out HSBC Premier also. I bought different structured notes that make from 10 to 13.8% a year, locked in for 1.5 to three years, principal protected. So far, I have invested about $200K, and am waiting for their next offer(which comes about once a month).
  • katsokatso tw1stedangel PExer
    If you're interested in higher yields I suggest you put your money in mutual funds. Better rates of return.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    ^ mutual funds is much like stock market. we want our cash like we want our water- LIQUID.

anyway.. reason why ing direct gives you better rates is because wala silang brick and mortar branches. it's all online. so there are pluses and minuses.

sa branches, if you are a big depositor you are treated fairly well.

pag online, you're just another customer being handled by an offshore csr.

there are pluses and minuses as i have said.

also they sponsor renault f1. lol.
  • khaye007khaye007 toasted-blog.blogspot.com PExer
    I am planning to invest in a Mutual Fund (since I have no time to watch the stock market). If you were to ask, which one do you prefer and why? Thanks.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    I don't think ING manages funds in the PHL anymore. They sold their business to BPI earlier this year.
  • BGBG Ore No T-Shirt PExer
    I am no expert also, but what or how extensive is your knowledge about mutual funds, cause it matters what we are getting into. right? :)

no disrespect intended, cause I might also learn from you about this.
    KuyaDanny wrote: »
    I don't think ING manages funds in the PHL anymore. They sold their business to BPI earlier this year.

Shocks!! didn't hear about that. It's just that earlier this year, a broker (I don't know if they are also called like that. I'm referring to people who manages account for mutual fund investors.) from ING gave a talk about mutual funds.

So KuyaDanny, what can you recommend aside from ATR KimEng? (Just in case you know one. Thanks)
    BG wrote: »
    I am no expert also, but what or how extensive is your knowledge about mutual funds, cause it matters what we are getting into. right? :)

no disrespect intended, cause I might also learn from you about this.

I don't know how to rate my knowledge in mutual funds. But I know the risks and benefits of being a mutual fund investor as well as being a stock market investor and their differences. I am also familiar with some technical analysis.

And based on charts I've seen, it is less risky to invest in a mutual fund than in stock market. But you will be earning more if you know where and when you will invest in stock market.
  • BGBG Ore No T-Shirt PExer
    So have you found which mutual fund to take? Care to share. :)
  • coppernicuscoppernicus Member PExer
    ATR KimEng Equity ako.. for more than 5 years now.. di nga lang active..like once or twice a year lang pero ngayon since medyo bagsak ang stock.. at long term naman ang plan ko.. ill try to build up my portfolio.. hehhee..
  • noics02bnoics02b Member PExer
    You can check out the list of MF companies here in the Philippines through this website: http://www.pifa.com.ph/factsfignavps.asp

I have an investment with ATR KimEng since 2007. I liked them before, but I'm not sure with them now. Yung dati ko kasing contact/agent with them nalipat na ng department, parang napag-iwanan tuloy ako as an investor.

I think these recent years, First Metro showed great relative performance.
  • Onatopp73Onatopp73 Member PExer
    Try mo Sunlife of Canada- Philippines, aside from insurance may mutual funds din sila initial nila 5k lang. I sent you a pm.
  • mxherr5mxherr5 Member PExer
    Performance wise, you should go with FAMI(First Metro)
    and PhilEquity. PhilEquity is one of the longest running mutual fund
    and also has one of the biggest returns among its peers.

Its only beaten by FAMI. But then again FAMI is a new comer
    relatively speaking. Baka umalis sa kanila ang star fund manager nila
    Who knows hehehe

On the other hand, the founder of PhilEquity is also its fund manager
    so you'll know his there to stay.

You can still buy ING UITFs but its now called BPI Odyssey.
    And BPI did not let go of the ING people but made them into
    a sub department.. Too bad there's been news that the people
    are leaving/resigning so like Kuya Danny said.. The guys handling
    the Odyssey funds might not be the same guys who managed
    the ING funds.
    BG wrote: »
    So have you found which mutual fund to take? Care to share. :)

Not yet. Baka mga November pa ako magstart e.
    ATR KimEng Equity ako.. for more than 5 years now.. di nga lang active..like once or twice a year lang pero ngayon since medyo bagsak ang stock.. at long term naman ang plan ko.. ill try to build up my portfolio.. hehhee..

Actually, I'm investing to mutual funds for long term purposes as well.^^
    noics02b wrote: »
    You can check out the list of MF companies here in the Philippines through this website: http://www.pifa.com.ph/factsfignavps.asp

Thanks for the link. At least I can also see myself which one is better.
    mxherr5 wrote: »
    On the other hand, the founder of PhilEquity is also its fund manager
    so you'll know his there to stay.

hmmm... I think I'm now considering PhilEquity. Thanks for that encouraging info.^^
  • amorochamoroch Member PExer
    ATR-Kimg Eng Funds has under performed its peers as well as the market BIG time!

ING (Now BPI Odyssey funds) well it depends on what fund are you going to invest. IF it's the Philippine High Conviction fund (which is basically full of 2nd to 3rd liners stocks) they have outperformed the index by a great margin. I can attest, they're the same guys who manage it when it was still known as ING.

PhilEquity is a family owned mutual fund but they have out performed there benchmark in the long term. In addition, they have the longest track record of all mutual funds in the Philippines.

FAMI well these guys are also good, I can also attest to that. As I personally know some of the guys who manage there funds.
  • ProvidentiaProvidentia Sun Life Advisor PExer
    I'm personally looking into investing in PhilEquity, Philam or the BPI High Conviction fund.

I will probably look into Philam.
    Does anyone of you know any contact person in PhilEquity? And is it also possible to start my investment with only P5,000? Thank you.
  • KITHE ORTIZKITHE ORTIZ ♥Sun Life Advisor♥ PExer
    Try Sun Life Mutual Funds.. www.sunlife.com.ph

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file