Home PEx Business and Careers Personal Investing and Money Management
Tip: Value your mental health. Put that annoying PExer on your ignore list.

Investment Portfolio

I'm 18, and I've saved quite a lot. My means of investing right now is through saving deposits in the bank. It's about time I invest. Although, I don't want to invest without having some knowledge on the subject.

Any recommendations?

I'm okay with high returns, high risks or low risks but adequate returns.

Comments

• freelancer_babefreelancer_babe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited November 2018
    How much you've got?

Most of those who invest (including me) started with building an emergency fund first. Do you have one? If you are single, then maybe you can start with one month expense then work your way up to three or even six month expenses.

After building an emergency fund, then that's the time to invest - but you have to learn each of these on how it works before you put your hard earned money into these. There's no best answer because there's always advantages and disadvantages for each. I won't go into detail for each, as each of those are too detailed to discuss.
    1. Stocks (high risk, high return)
    2. Business (high risk, high return)
    3. Equity/index UITF/Mutual Funds (high risk, high return)
    4. Balanced UITF/Mutual Funds (medium risk, medium returns)
    5. Bond Funds/UITF (low risk, low returns)
    5. Treasury Bonds (low risk, low returns)
    6. Money Market (low risk, low returns)
    7. Time deposit (low risk, low returns)

The above is not a complete list.
  • SoulExchangeSoulExchange 青春フールパワー PEx Expert 🎖️
    Read books, blogs, etc. about finances. Marami available sa internet.
    Also, consider getting insurance if you have plan to have your own family soon.
  • How much you've got?

Most of those who invest (including me) started with building an emergency fund first. Do you have one? If you are single, then maybe you can start with one month expense then work your way up to three or even six month expenses.

After building an emergency fund, then that's the time to invest - 

I hate to admit it but freelancer_babe is right...Ako actually dati super ANTI insurance or EF guy ako...
    My reason? E sayang pera, sayang ORAS...

"Tinubo mo na dapat, Kinita pa ng iba"

It is just good luck, I guess, na di pa ako nagkaroon ng matinding emergency...

Ang nagpabago ng isip ko - FOREX TRADING

Ang layo no?

Pero sa Forex trading, paramihan ng kapital, at pag nagkamali ka ng galaw, ubos ang kapital mo...

Doon ko na realize na ang buhay at kalusugan ng tao ang tangi nyang kapital...

Insurance and Emergency Funds are your armor for missteps, wrong steps, accidents...

AFTER TALLYING IT ALL,  being sure needs less expense (of all things, money, energy, emotions) than being a "ride to the sunset" person.

Yung amount nga lang ng EF mo, dito na nagkakatalo...

Madaming ibang forums dito na makakakuha ka ng ideas...

• freelancer_babefreelancer_babe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ Ako may mga medical emergencies na, and lost projects and jobs along the way. And an immediate family needed some help.

You can never understimate the need for an emergency fund, even at a young age (where you are often most likely to change jobs).
  • I'm 18, and I've saved quite a lot. My means of investing right now is through saving deposits in the bank. It's about time I invest. Although, I don't want to invest without having some knowledge on the subject.

Any recommendations?

I'm okay with high returns, high risks or low risks but adequate returns.
    That's good to know at young age you are thinking about your future.

Best investment right now is buying a property. Like house and lot or condo. Why? Well aside from The Philippines ranked first in a U.S. report's list of the "Best Countries to Invest In" for 2018 buying a property doesn't 
    differentiate value. It increases value overtime. If for example you'll buy a condo 1-2BR unit during preselling period for 4-5M after 5years the amount of your condo is almost twice of it's value. That's how it works if you'll buy a unit from DMCI homes. Im not saying this because I work for them. You can do your own research.
    You can also make your unit avail for rent like what people do in airbnb. 1k per day is so cheap. So if you'll have tenants staying in your unit for a month you'll have instant 30k/month. Make sure to trust only the companies with good track records. If you need assistance buying affordable unit/condo I can help you. Call me at 09654406239 or email me at [email protected] 
    Good luck to you! 
  • I can offer you a conservative investment without the need of studying all of the complicated ups and downs of Stock, Bonds, ETFs, FOREX but still earning a descent amount of money from all of that. All you need to do is monitor that fund and earn. Its like mutual fund but with a very active and transparent performance of a fund manager. If you're interested just email me here:
    [email protected]