Home PEx Sports UAAP - Basketball
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

UAAP Season 81 Final 4: #2 Adamson Falcons vs #3 UP Fighting Maroons

Comments

• inghinyeroinghinyero Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    RuckuS said:
    as predicted, UP takes Game 1. it would be a monumental meltdown for Adamson if they lose Game 2 and fail to reach the finals after playing their best season in recent years. though I predict Coach Pumaren will make his adjustments defensively and make it to the Last Dance.

As per Adamson, I pity their team in terms of crowd support. it looks like UP was able to buy 3/4s of all the tickets? Wala ba pambili ng tickets ang Adamson students and alumni? I remember nasabihan pa ako ng "malayo ang Ynares eh" and "long weekend umuwi ng probinsya karamihan ng students" kaya halos wala nananood from the Adamson side nung game na yun. but this is the Final4.. and the players need all the support they can get. I can imagine sila Papi Sarr, Ahamnisi, etc. when they look around the court, aside from their bench, practically the entire ringside and lowerbox sections on BOTH sides, are wearing Maroon! kahit saan ka humarap namumura ka, dinuduro ka, hahaha.. no friendly faces to clap for you and cheer you on. 

well di ko na problema na yan.. just an observation. kasi kung UP pa lang ang kalaban, ganyan na. eh paano pa kung Ateneo na kalaban sa Finals? baka Upper B and bleachers na lang ang mauupuan ng mga Adamsonian.  
    Baka lalo sila madudurog sa crowd sa Wednesday, lalong gugulong bandwagon ng UP at may kaba factor na sa Adamson

Regarding attendance, maybe you can factor in student and alumni population, UP is the biggest school by far. You know come playoff time the premium tickets are dominated by connections. Also personally, I don’t know anyone from Adamson or who went to Adamson kaya di na ko magtaka kung outnumbered sila sa crowd
    iba yung outnumbered sa di talaga tinry manood nung iba? kasi 14,800 ang crowd attendance kanina, may around 9k seats pa na pwede punuin. yung population ng UP kanina, siguro wala pang 10-15% ang students.
     Thrilling Game Wow !.. UAAP Final 4  :open_mouth:

I thought UP having a double digit lead goin to the 4th would stroll.. Nope !

they have to earn it and bleed for it.. 

The last Play was fantastic.. pati ako na fake-un  :dizzy:
    Everyone was thinking it's Paul's #AtinTo moment. Sinimplehan. All they need was a good pass, a good screen. Simple. Di kelangan magtres, di kelangan ng kung anong fancy stuff. Ang efficient nung play and it worked.
  • RegzedsRegzeds Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Overwhelming support for UP is expected and understandable. The team and its fans are hungry, starved, thirsting and add more adjectives you can think of. They will play their hearts out. And if their play is fed off this hunger, who knows, they just might go all the way. Why not. The last UP crown was 32 years ago - 1986 led by Paras and Magsanoc. Its about time. So go UP!!!
  • hacksawhacksaw Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    edited November 2018
    A loud and proud Sea of Maroon. The shouting and chanting didnt stop after UP Naming Mahal. It spilled into the hallways of the Arena, the escalators, into the streets, rows of restaurants and SM Department Store. By my crowd estimate it was 75:25 UP.  :)
  • AleanceloAleancelo guapo PEx Expert 🎖️
    edited November 2018
    Regzeds said:
    Overwhelming support for UP is expected and understandable. The team and its fans are hungry, starved, thirsting and add more adjectives you can think of. They will play their hearts out. And if their play is fed off this hunger, who knows, they just might go all the way. Why not. The last UP crown was 32 years ago - 1986 led by Paras and Magsanoc. Its about time. So go UP!!!

Adamson itself is also hungry for a crown.  Their last seniors basketball championship was 40 years ago.   Mabuti pa nga ang juniors team nila, nag-dominate sa UAAP juniors from the late '80s hanggang early '90s. 
  • BubblesButtercupBubblesButtercup I Love Holly Golightly!!! PEx Expert 🎖️
    Ganda ng game pero di ganon kausad ang thread di tulad dati. Napunta na ata sa fb yung mga dating posters dito.
  • couchfutitocouchfutito Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I never thought I’d see UP appear in Final 4. One thing I liked in the team today is their changed mindset to win and losing is not okay. Quite sad that Paul and Diego are graduating na this year. I loved how they really played for the team and not for themselves. Surely the UP community will pray for a win on Wednesday. Andito na eh, why not make this happen. If it loses, UPMBT S81 has already created a mark in UP history and community. Nonetheless, I’m more happy to see a well-played game on Wednesday. Yung talagang do-or-die na talaga. All out na ang team on Wednesday, and so is the UP community. Proven naman na din ang UP community, sa Cheerdance palang noon, it surely fills their slot in Araneta, what more itong basketball? Should *knock on wood* *no jinx* they appear in finals *knock on wood* *no jinx* expect more prominent alumni to seat in MOA arena in Maroon shirt.
  • moti4realmoti4real Member 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Pucha gen ad na lang meron sa online!!! Sino naka score ng kahit upper box tickets diyan, pabili naman!
  • greenergreener Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Expect more next year, with Rivero and Paras
  • BambeeeetaBambeeeeta Member 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    I was able to get UA tix! The moment nowheretogobutUP advised about the availability of the tickets online, I booked agad! Kitakits schoolmates!!!!
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    San makakakuha tickets? Meron paba sa diliman? GA nalang online!!?!?!?
  • Blue RulesBlue Rules Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited November 2018
    May sakit pa pala si Bright nong 1st game? Nako i stand corrected again...adu wlli be like the adu of austria na 2nd nga pero na sweep ng feu. Parang ganon ito. Magpapakamatay maroons sa 2nd. E andon na eh...tapos kakatayin sila sa finals 🤣
  • fallenservicemenfallenservicemen Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Okay lang na katayin sa Finals if ever, at least no-let up yung team na kakatay sa runner-up kung sakali.
    greener said:
    Expect more next year, with Rivero and Paras
    Wala namang fans pa si Paras. Si Ricci.
    May sakit pa pala si Bright nong 1st game? Nako i stand corrected again...adu wlli be like the adu of austria na 2nd nga pero na sweep ng feu. Parang ganon ito. Magpapakamatay maroons sa 2nd. E andon na eh...tapos kakatayin sila sa finals 🤣
    Basta sa tinagal ko dito sa PEX this season, yung mga nauunang magyabang coming into the game, yun ang nakakarma. 

Hinunting na yung FEU kahapon. 
    I was able to get UA tix! The moment nowheretogobutUP advised about the availability of the tickets online, I booked agad! Kitakits schoolmates!!!!
    Buti po nagfafollow ka sa ntgbup! :) Anyway, pa-frame naman ng FB profile pics nyo oh. Yung #UPFight #AtinTo Frame.
  • couchfutitocouchfutito Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Since we are based in Makati and the game's still office time, we decided to hold a viewing party na lang somewhere in Makati. We'll just leave the office early. #UPFight #AtinTo
  • BandidoBandido ellenojecyoj PEx Expert 🎖️
    Basta sa tinagal ko dito sa PEX this season, yung mga nauunang magyabang coming into the game, yun ang nakakarma. 

Hinunting na yung FEU kahapon. 
    alam mo na kung sino kasunod ..... 😜😜😜
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    shs and college classes (and offices) have been suspended in adu starting 12 pm so they can watch the do-or-die game.
  • BambeeeetaBambeeeeta Member 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Since we are based in Makati and the game's still office time, we decided to hold a viewing party na lang somewhere in Makati. We'll just leave the office early. #UPFight #AtinTo

Niiice!!! Viewing party. :) Ako, sa BGC naman ang office ko. Buti na lang, was able to schedule a meeting sa Cubao Branch namin Kaya no need to file a leave. Ma-late lang siguro. Baka 2nd qtr na maabutan ko. Pero actually, kahit UP Naming Mahal na part na, I don’t care. Manalo o matalo, UP Fight hanggang dulo! :)
This discussion has been closed.