COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

UAAP Season 81 Final 4: #2 Adamson Falcons vs #3 UP Fighting Maroons

Comments

• Milo96Milo96 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    That's karma for selling the FEU game.
  • cannycaninecannycanine Member Volleyball Vanguard
    Congrats UP!
    Unexpected but they deserve this.  
    Iba yung kapit, puso at utak. 

JGDL!!!!
  • kabakabkabakab BORED Chairman PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tama ba, UP asst coach si Alex Cabagnot? Parang siya yung nasa UP side nakita ko sa tv
  • LasaroLasaro Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I freakin knew it! Congrats, UP.

Finals baby!  :D
  • ANGELICOANGELICO Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    ayan Adamson. Remember you "lost" to FEU in your last game. NAgtuloy tulip and talo nyo. Digital karma..... hahahhahahahahha
  • Kimpoy17Kimpoy17 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    And the tsamba of UP continues hahaha
  • 1958mb180d1958mb180d Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Pumaren karma king!
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Manganti and Ahamnisi disappeared in the game that needed them the most! whenever you find Adamson being kept afloat by PAPI SARR, that is a bad, bad sign of things to come! 

Manganti "The Maroon Killer" .. was killed by the Maroons. 
    amazing UP. They were ranked 5th towards the end of the eliminations. And Adamson losing to FEU happened. And tuloy tuloy lang and "chamba" ng UP. 2 more games of chamba please... lol
  • TOmaCINOTOmaCINO PEx Rookie ⭐
    Manganti with the disappearing act at the worst possible time. Congrats to the 2 Katipunan school. :blush:
  • cannycaninecannycanine Member Volleyball Vanguard
    Congrats UP!
    Unexpected but they deserve this.  
    Iba yung kapit, puso at utak. 

JGDL!!!!
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Masuwerte din ang UP na nakaharap ang Adamson na known for their bad composure sa Final 4. Instant Final appearance. 

Malakas ang Ateneo both defense and offense kaya sana mabigyan ng magandang laban ito ng UP. 

For a change, I hope magtuloy tuloy ang momentum ng UP and get the crown.
  • BubblesButtercupBubblesButtercup I Love Holly Golightly!!! PEx Expert 🎖️
    Haha nakarma adamson asar ako sa muka ni lastimosa mukang sunog baga 

Congrats up
  • Blue RulesBlue Rules Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited November 2018
    Karna yon sa Adu lol for faking illness vs feu lol...somehow nawala motor...nong manganti at ahanmissing
    Kaya there was wisdom to Tab's playing his scorers and starters even with limited minutes. Keep them in sync. Although maski 3rd stringer ng Ateneo eh kaya talunin uste. 1 step backward, e naging 2 steps forward pero na trip/ napatid lol. You don't bench scorers in the midst of a tourney no matter how irrelevant the game is.
    Welp sakit sa adu. Mas matagal na silang nagchampion. Mas gutom dapat. E ngayon gutom lang sila muna uli.
    It's gonna be battle of katips. 
    Wont reach honecoming, i'd still say. Obf! 
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    edited November 2018
    Karma for Adamson.

Chamba for UP. 

Hindi ba matanggap na contenders na ang mga dating underdogs? LOL!

----------------------
    Sino kaya sa mga prominenteng personalidad ang manlilibre ng dinner for Maroons?
    I admire Tab Baldwin when he treated their last game as important, though they were already assured of the number 1 slot. No such thing as non-bearing  game for him. Pumaren's "sick Manganti and Ahanmisi" drama backfired big, big time. You don't kill your momentum by losing. Ayan nag tuloy tuloy ang talo which extended to the most crucial game. Karma karma karma
  • Blue RulesBlue Rules Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited November 2018
    vicmesar said:
    Oh lemme add too: from the time Ateneo joined it to the mid 80's, the lack of enthusiasm for UAAP was evident in :
    1. Poor attendance. There was no such thing as the 6th man so unlike in the previous league where Rizal and Araneta were full specially in championship series.
    2. Aside from lock stock and barrel transitioning of players fron Jrs to Srs, recruitment was mostly done from IAC lol the inter dept intrams of college. Jolas was discovered there. Sadly he didnt get to maintain the required qpi so he was dropped.. That was Chot Reyes' time in srs.
    3. And it didn't help that a couple or 3 of true blue chip main players from hs were pirated by danding to la sale with financial enticenent which was still languishiing in the ncaa. Many still wanted to play in the ncaa + windfall ofc. 
    1st wave of dark ages when teams other than feu and ue thrived then. But when the mighty started flexing, others were left biting the dust. Then la sale like a woman scorned or spurned lover lol followed and stalked Ateneo to the Uaap. Which prompted another Atenean in another school to quip in the new millenium na "This the best thing that ever happened to UAap" referring to the absence of both Ateneo and la sale in the finals  No the best thing was when these 2 schools became the barometer of competition in the Uaap. Suddenly glamor is transferred hehe at ang baduy ay Ncaa lol

Ang alam ko Ateneo joined UAAP in 1977 and its first championship is 1987; La Salle joined in the mid 1980s (you said 1986).
    Conceded as being perceived ng tao noon (thru my brother kasi masyado pa akong bata noon hehehe) na mas magaling ang NCAA kesa UAAP, e.g., trapik lagi sa Rizal Coliseum sa dami ng tao pag finals ng NCAA basketball. My brother is UST Fine Arts student, fan ni Bhogs Adornado pero laging nanonood ng NCAA Basketball.

Laging champion ata ang Ateneo at La Salle sa NCAA but IT TOOK TIME NA MAG CHAMPION SILA SA UAAP kaya alaska sila ng UP at UST (the usual rival for UAAP General Championship); and, FEU and UE (the usual Basketball Champion).

Yung mga PBA player naman noon ng super sikat ay galing sa UAAP, Bhogs Adornado, Jaworski, Francis Arnaiz ...

Im pretty sure it was sy 1977-78;Ateneo's last game in Ncaa. I was there in the 1st game lang. 2nd game sarado na. Sa tv lang. vs sbc matagal college yon kaya di makasunod sunod sa uaap lol
    La sale's last season was in 1980 and u guess it, in a ramble with letran lol. Nag apply sa uaap, na thumbs down it took 6 yrs bago sila tanggapin.
    Nope, la sale's 4th title was in 1972 in the ncaa. For the most part of our gs and hs lives, la sale was not a factor in the ncaa lol. It was sbc in srs and letran and jrc in jrs. which gave Ateneo a run for its money. When they left it they had the most titles at 14 srs pa lang yon. It took Sbc or baste or letran ata to break that 14 championships in the 2000's na. La sale left it with only 4 ata basta mabibilang mo ng isang kamay. 
  • karahasankarahasan Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    kabakab said:
    Tama ba, UP asst coach si Alex Cabagnot? Parang siya yung nasa UP side nakita ko sa tv
    Yes. May papel si Cabagnot sa UP (skills coach for the guards I believe)
This discussion has been closed.