COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

UAAP Season 81 Final 4: #2 Adamson Falcons vs #3 UP Fighting Maroons

Comments

• pretenred1pretenred1 Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    I sense differently this time, 2nd game will not be a close match... +10pts lamang ng mananalong team... at di ako sure sinong team yun :lol:
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    I sense differently this time, 2nd game will not be a close match... +10pts lamang ng mananalong team... at di ako sure sinong team yun :lol:
    Me too. It is either UP continuing their momentum or Adamson giving their all out defense and keeping UP at bay.  
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    I still believe that it will be Adamson, thus, a Leap of FATE
    but personally advocating for a Battle of Katipunan, thus, a Leap of FAITH

For the GREATER GLORY of UAAP,,,,,,,,, Ateneo vs. UP
  • blue blueblue blue poseidon PEx Rookie ⭐
    RuckuS said:
    as predicted, UP takes Game 1. it would be a monumental meltdown for Adamson if they lose Game 2 and fail to reach the finals after playing their best season in recent years. though I predict Coach Pumaren will make his adjustments defensively and make it to the Last Dance.

As per Adamson, I pity their team in terms of crowd support. it looks like UP was able to buy 3/4s of all the tickets? Wala ba pambili ng tickets ang Adamson students and alumni? I remember nasabihan pa ako ng "malayo ang Ynares eh" and "long weekend umuwi ng probinsya karamihan ng students" kaya halos wala nananood from the Adamson side nung game na yun. but this is the Final4.. and the players need all the support they can get. I can imagine sila Papi Sarr, Ahamnisi, etc. when they look around the court, aside from their bench, practically the entire ringside and lowerbox sections on BOTH sides, are wearing Maroon! kahit saan ka humarap namumura ka, dinuduro ka, hahaha.. no friendly faces to clap for you and cheer you on. 

well di ko na problema na yan.. just an observation. kasi kung UP pa lang ang kalaban, ganyan na. eh paano pa kung Ateneo na kalaban sa Finals? baka Upper B and bleachers na lang ang mauupuan ng mga Adamsonian.  
    Something's awfully wrong in the way sports officials manage AdU sports program including ticket distribution. It is not that AdU students, alumni, and staff can't afford the tickets. It is the question of where to buy it. There's just too much hassles in getting one for reasons that I can't fathom. It is counterproductive when you subject the fans to too much red tape when the call of the day is to reach out to them as much as possible. On top of that, the idea that UP cornered a big chunk of the tickets was simply revolting.
  • karahasankarahasan Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Gawd, hindi ako galing sa either, pero super excited pa rin ako sa match na ito. 

Money will be on AdU, but I personally prefer a Katipunan battle
  • blue blueblue blue poseidon PEx Rookie ⭐
    vicmesar said:
    I still believe that it will be Adamson, thus, a Leap of FATE
    but personally advocating for a Battle of Katipunan, thus, a Leap of FAITH

For the GREATER GLORY of UAAP,,,,,,,,, Ateneo vs. UP
    So there is no glory for UAAP in a UP battle against AdU? I find this disturbing especially if it comes from a UP fan...

• tuglaskogantuglaskogan PEx Rookie ⭐
    I thought I can watch live tomorrow. Pero wala nang ticket kahit saan. I find it hard to believe na in just one or two days, ubos na agad lahat ng 20k seats (tama ba?) ng Araneta. I really hope na balance ang crowd bukas. 
  • shenmarl_bashshenmarl_bash PEx Rookie ⭐
    I thought I can watch live tomorrow. Pero wala nang ticket kahit saan. I find it hard to believe na in just one or two days, ubos na agad lahat ng 20k seats (tama ba?) ng Araneta. I really hope na balance ang crowd bukas. 
    Klasmeyt, try mo tomorrow. scalper na lang! 
  • dowaitodowaito Captain Daichi Sawamura PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    #Atin(Game)Two vs #Amin(Game)Two

sounds arrogant..
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Araneta better be filled to the rafters tomorrow with their sold out press release, kapag kahit Upper B di puno ewan ko na lang 
  • pepsipunkpepsipunk Ghost stories. 👁 PBB Loyalist
    Expecting a finals-like atmosphere tomorrow. Mukhang all out both crowds tomorrow. Expecting a 20k crowd. 
  • ANGELICOANGELICO Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    this will be down to who executes better and which coach will make quick adjustments. Pumaren is so familiar with this situation. And the end of the day, the winner will be served to Ateneo on a silver platter. Just saying..
  • WezWez Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Pumaren >>>> Bo
  • LeeRoLeeRo Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    I think may namumuong legit na rivalry for the coming years that may pose a threat to the Ateneo-LaSalle rivalry: The Katipunan Rivalry.

For now, we can say that Ateneo has the upper hand when it comes to winning their back-to-back championship. But come next season, UP will be on another level with the addition of their superstar players.

Pero, oops... baka mabati ko...  =) Talunin muna nila ang Adamson. If they can achieve that, going into the finals with Ateneo (1st time in history) will give the Fighting Maroons a sky-rocket confidence in their campaign for season 82... A legit team to beat, other than the Eagles.
  • darth_vader23darth_vader23 Member Volleyball Vanguard
    edited November 2018
    Hey up peeps before we jump into “battle of katipunan” or the new rivalry that can match admu-dlsu pwedeng tapusin muna ang adu??? For all we know manalo adu. Let’s finish first this one first.
  • Blue RulesBlue Rules Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ang alam ko eh:
    1985 UE
    1986 la salle came to uaap
    1986 UP
    1987 1st Title ng Ateneo vs UE
    1988 b2b ng Ateneo vs La Salle (don umiyak si Dindo lol)
    Somewhere in between may rambol sa Rizal b/w UP and Ateneo in one elims game. Pinatid ng isang UP player di ko na matandaan kung sino nampatid sa harap ng bench nila si Canlas. Nagsapakan. At di titigil hanggat di nagpaputok ng baril si Boy Codinera tatay ni Jerry na dati atang pulis. 
    Prior to Ateneo's first title and Up's title which came first..nanlalait mga UP players na hanggang porma lang daw Ateneo at di mananalo sa UAAP. Lol. 

Oh Adamson? Last (and only? At least UP may pre-war title ata lol) title nila 1978 lol. Wala pa ata Ateneo non o 1st year? sa Uaap. May 1 year din nabakante Ateneo after yon closed gate series sa San Beda. At wala nanonood ng UAAp pa dahil baduy daw kesa sa Ncaa. Lawl

So sinu mas gutom? Hehe. Pero malupit minsan ang tadhana. Gutom ka nga di ka din makakain eh...o minsan hunger doesn't necessarily translate to winning. 

• Blue RulesBlue Rules Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Oh lemme add too: from the time Ateneo joined it to the mid 80's, the lack of enthusiasm for UAAP was evident in :
    1. Poor attendance. There was no such thing as the 6th man so unlike in the previous league where Rizal and Araneta were full specially in championship series.
    2. Aside from lock stock and barrel transitioning of players fron Jrs to Srs, recruitment was mostly done from IAC lol the inter dept intrams of college. Jolas was discovered there. Sadly he didnt get to maintain the required qpi so he was dropped.. That was Chot Reyes' time in srs.
    3. And it didn't help that a couple or 3 of true blue chip main players from hs were pirated by danding to la sale with financial enticenent which was still languishiing in the ncaa. Many still wanted to play in the ncaa + windfall ofc. 
    1st wave of dark ages when teams other than feu and ue thrived then. But when the mighty started flexing, others were left biting the dust. Then la sale like a woman scorned or spurned lover lol followed and stalked Ateneo to the Uaap. Which prompted another Atenean in another school to quip in the new millenium na "This the best thing that ever happened to UAap" referring to the absence of both Ateneo and la sale in the finals  No the best thing was when these 2 schools became the barometer of competition in the Uaap. Suddenly glamor is transferred hehe at ang baduy ay Ncaa lol

• TheShadowTheShadow Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ang alam ko eh:
    1985 UE
    1986 la salle came to uaap
    1986 UP
    1987 1st Title ng Ateneo vs UE
    1988 b2b ng Ateneo vs La Salle (don umiyak si Dindo lol)
    Somewhere in between may rambol sa Rizal b/w UP and Ateneo in one elims game. Pinatid ng isang UP player di ko na matandaan kung sino nampatid sa harap ng bench nila si Canlas. Nagsapakan. At di titigil hanggat di nagpaputok ng baril si Boy Codinera tatay ni Jerry na dati atang pulis. 
    Prior to Ateneo's first title and Up's title which came first..nanlalait mga UP players na hanggang porma lang daw Ateneo at di mananalo sa UAAP. Lol. 

Oh Adamson? Last (and only? At least UP may pre-war title ata lol) title nila 1978 lol. Wala pa ata Ateneo non o 1st year? sa Uaap. May 1 year din nabakante Ateneo after yon closed gate series sa San Beda. At wala nanonood ng UAAp pa dahil baduy daw kesa sa Ncaa. Lawl

So sinu mas gutom? Hehe. Pero malupit minsan ang tadhana. Gutom ka nga di ka din makakain eh...o minsan hunger doesn't necessarily translate to winning. 

that was the dad of jet nieto (grandfather of the nieto twins), not boy codinera.
  • inghinyeroinghinyero Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    blue blue said:
    RuckuS said:
    as predicted, UP takes Game 1. it would be a monumental meltdown for Adamson if they lose Game 2 and fail to reach the finals after playing their best season in recent years. though I predict Coach Pumaren will make his adjustments defensively and make it to the Last Dance.

As per Adamson, I pity their team in terms of crowd support. it looks like UP was able to buy 3/4s of all the tickets? Wala ba pambili ng tickets ang Adamson students and alumni? I remember nasabihan pa ako ng "malayo ang Ynares eh" and "long weekend umuwi ng probinsya karamihan ng students" kaya halos wala nananood from the Adamson side nung game na yun. but this is the Final4.. and the players need all the support they can get. I can imagine sila Papi Sarr, Ahamnisi, etc. when they look around the court, aside from their bench, practically the entire ringside and lowerbox sections on BOTH sides, are wearing Maroon! kahit saan ka humarap namumura ka, dinuduro ka, hahaha.. no friendly faces to clap for you and cheer you on. 

well di ko na problema na yan.. just an observation. kasi kung UP pa lang ang kalaban, ganyan na. eh paano pa kung Ateneo na kalaban sa Finals? baka Upper B and bleachers na lang ang mauupuan ng mga Adamsonian.  
    Something's awfully wrong in the way sports officials manage AdU sports program including ticket distribution. It is not that AdU students, alumni, and staff can't afford the tickets. It is the question of where to buy it. There's just too much hassles in getting one for reasons that I can't fathom. It is counterproductive when you subject the fans to too much red tape when the call of the day is to reach out to them as much as possible. On top of that, the idea that UP cornered a big chunk of the tickets was simply revolting.
    Last game, same lang binigay na tickets sa UP at sa Adamson. Mas madami lang tLagang nanood naUP fans.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Patron ticket + Adamson shirt for P500

mura and great deal that bundle for Adamson
This discussion has been closed.