Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues

75% of Filipinos believe Philippines is on the right track — SWS

Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️

75% of Filipinos believe Philippines is on the right track — SWS

Majority of Filipinos believe that the country is treading the right direction.

This was the result of the latest social weather station survey conducted from September 15 to 23 among 1,500 respondents.

The survey showed that 75 percent of the Filipinos are convinced that the country is on the right direction; five percent higher compared to that of last June.

Read more: https://www.untvweb.com/news/75-of-filipinos-believe-philippines-is-on-right-track-sws/

Comments

• RazorhawkRazorhawk PEx Rookie ⭐
    Never trust the surveys, they are all paid hacks of politicians. 
  • peterinpeterin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hehehe.  Questions rule the results.

What could have been the result if those “directions” were specified and enumerated?  Like

1.       Direction of bringing the country closer to China, while alienating the US.

2.       Direction on taking huge loans to pay for build build build, and then increasing taxes to pay for those loans.

3.       Direction into exploration and extraction agreement with China on the country’s EEZ but giving China preferred management of the operations, and of the WPS for platforms security.

4.       Direction into withdrawal from the ICC, which could make the country lose an avenue to settle grievance against other countries; China for example, or other Asean countries. Re. WPS.

5.       Direction into changing the form of government into a federal system

6.       Direction into military and police generals to head practically all top government offices.

7.       Direction into in-bedding soldiers into government units like the Customs. Customs could only be the first.

8.       Issuing arrest without court warrants

9.       Handouts to muffle effect of Train Law to the poor

Does it not appear like that general question reflects more on the popularity of the President, NOT actually an approval of his specific policies and direction?

• Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    ^I tend to agree that the survey reflects the POPULARITY of the president. Which mean the road is clear for him to implement the reform he need. Heck, even extend his term (through Sara).

• peterinpeterin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Do you agree that popularity does not mean approval of things one does?

Don't get me wrong.  I like that the President has good intentions for the country.  But that does not mean I agree with the means his good intentions are being pursued.

Maybe, the survey question was so general that respondents had in mind these good intentions.  But if asked for specifics, the picture would be much different. 

There are indications in the last surveys that this was the case.  The question asked IMO was designed to neutralize the results of the specifics.
  • buddywbuddyw PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Poorest Filipinos felt inflation hit 8% in August 2018 – PSA

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, October 23) — The poorest Filipinos felt a faster rise in prices of good and services this August, data released on Monday by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) showed.

The report said the Philippines' year-on-year inflation for the bottom 30 percent income households went up by 8 percent for August 2018. This is higher than 7.3 percent posted in July 2018, and the 3 percent registered in August the previous year.

The figure, different from headline inflation posted at 6.4 percent in August, is computed through an adjusted consumer price index (CPI) based on the typical budget of the poorest Filipino households.

All indices of items in the basket of goods also posted higher inflation rates during the month, except for fuel, electricity and water.

Food inflation picked up by 7.8 percent in the same month, a 0.9 increase in the previous month. August 2017 registered a 3 percent food inflation.

PSA also reported inflation went up in all food indices, except for corn which was posted at 3 percent this month.

The poorest Filipinos in the National Capital Region felt inflation hit at 8.3 percent in August 2018, higher than the 4.7 percent recorded in the same period previous year. Food, beverage and tobacco contributed to the uptrend.

Areas outside the capital also experienced 8 percent inflation, higher than the 3 percent in August 2017. The Cagayan Valley felt inflation hit 11 percent in the same period.

The country's economic managers revised the Philippines' economic outlook and inflation targets amid swelling inflation. Earlier, the government targeted a 2 to 4 percent inflation rate for the year, but headline inflation reaching a near-decade high prompted the revisions.

peterin said:
    Do you agree that popularity does not mean approval of things one does?

Don't get me wrong.  I like that the President has good intentions for the country.  But that does not mean I agree with the means his good intentions are being pursued.

Maybe, the survey question was so general that respondents had in mind these good intentions.  But if asked for specifics, the picture would be much different. 

There are indications in the last surveys that this was the case.  The question asked IMO was designed to neutralize the results of the specifics.
    I get your point. But we're looking at the general perception of public here. Sure, I myself don't agree on some methods this admin is executing. But generally, I would have answered YES to the question too.   
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

as long as meron Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) CARD satisfied ang mga Dutertards

tanggalin mo iyan kung hindi nila sugurin ang Malacanang dahil sa gutom.

• gotcha2gotcha2 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Survey questions are often tailor made only to reveal positive results.

I've seen this done in the tech industry, inventing categories so that

their product will come out #1 in that area. Every time Pres DU30 & his

admin commits blunder, SWS comes out w/ a survey saying majority

still thinks blah..blah.

as long as meron Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) CARD satisfied ang mga Dutertards

tanggalin mo iyan kung hindi nila sugurin ang Malacanang dahil sa gutom.

CLASSES ABC do not need 4Ps. These classes supports Duterte.